Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Paid Traffic vs Free Traffic

marketsearch
Trust:

Paid Traffic vs Free Traffic

What do you feel is the best way to test your sales funnels? Using paid traffic or free traffic.

Free traffic is nice well because its free but it can take a while to prime that pump.

Paid traffic is fast.

Spend the time and test with free or spend a little money upfront to hopefully find yourself a return that you can then scale.

"Those who take action and risk are the ones who find the rewards"
Traffic is the lifeblood of your online business. If you can't get a lot of targeted traffic your DOOMED! All the traffic you can handle below => http://teamroughdog.info

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi marketsearch,

Free traffic is always the best option. But if you are yet to get considerable free traffic to your site, and have a need to run the test, then you'll just have to go with paid traffic. Either way, you will get to see which sales pages convert better.

My two cents. Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

jcdean
Trust:
Test fast is better than testing slow.

You can get a boatload of traffic really fast with Pay Per View.
You can (or at least could) open an account at Lead impact for $50.00.

Make sure your lander fits the lead impact window size, then let her rip.
Respect,
J.C. Dean
http://KillYourDayjob.com

PremiumMember
sierracommerceco
Trust:
Hi all...

Do you think Traffic Swarm is worth spending $30 to get your ads out there. I mean what's the point of Traffic Swarm. Could someone explain how that drives traffic to your website. It just looks like it is a place that other companies click on the ad real quick in order to earn more credits.....Am I wrong?

Thanks all

Jason
marketsearch
Trust:
Id hold off for now. Your right, that's why just jumping in is not a good idea. In the sense that this is a kinka like a cross promotion type of adverting and with people getting clicks or credits for viewing your email or ad. Your conversions are going to be a lot, lot, lower.

This type of advertising works and if its a strategy that you want to pursue then first using the free methods create an email that people are going to click and open. Then you need them to click on the link in the email. I guess what Im saying its all about testing, testing, testing.

Id personally start off with some other strategies such as forum marketing, solo ads (with real marketers list), maybe ppc if you have a budget to use. Send some targeted traffic first and make sure your page is converting. Then if people are opting in or taking what ever action you want them to take then go back to the safelist or traffic exchange adverting and work on creating some good email copy.

For me personally in regards to safelist advertising or anything of its kind is when I do it I treat it like a business and traffic source. Frankly I don't read any of the headlines or emails. I would simply hold the ctrl key and open to collect my credits in a new browser and I would do that around 10 times or so and then go through and close them out.
Traffic is the lifeblood of your online business. If you can't get a lot of targeted traffic your DOOMED! All the traffic you can handle below => http://teamroughdog.info

PremiumMember
sierracommerceco
Trust:
Thanks for the advise. Think we will do that and stick to some forum marketing and maybe a little PPC ads. Don't want to spend too much. We have a Sports Merchandise store that is currently being rebuilt, and we built this affiliate site to really just be a blog and promote some affiliate health and nutrition products (seems to be a pretty big market. Competitive but big). But we want to also use this affiliate site to link to and promote our product site.
Just started the affiliate site 2 days ago. Here's where we are at:
www.thesportsmaniacgroup.com

Lot more to build in there, but this is what we've done so far. Any thoughts?

Thanks....these forums are great

Jason

This topic was started on Jul 28, 2013 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.