Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Pages missing from google

tonebizz
Trust:

Pages missing from google

Hey guys,

I'm having the following problem:

I have a dutch AB dating site for a few months and things where fine, good google ranking. a sale from time to time..not bad at all

Now since a week or so, some of my pages are no where to be found in google.

So now my sales are going down because of this...so you understand my worries

Is this normal that google does this??, or im i doing something wrong?

Thanks

Guus
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
sometimes google changes small things, and you may be affected. are you using TT to track your rankings? sometimes it may just be competition as well. it is a highly competitive niche and you may just have to fight to stay on top. there is no set it and forget it (contrary to what a lot of fake experts will tell you) you have to keep building links, or your rankings will suffer over time.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

sonitin
Trust:
You need to check those pages for few things:
1) Unique content, check for duplicate especially on your own site. Remember sometimes the header/sidebar and footer text etc might cause a new page to be counted as duplicate especially if the main content is too small.
2) Were there any strong internal links to that page or were there any external links. If not then create them. Search engines don't wants pages that no one is referring to.
3) Over optimization with backlinks
4) Might be just simple google dance, most people have experienced it.
"offshoreally.com" - One click for all outsourcing requirements including bookmarking, submissions, dedicated staff, link building..

Looking for a qualified virtual assistant to help you with your work? Click here - "offshoreally.com/internet-marketing-outsourcing-seo/virtual-assistant-link-building"

Enter The" Bad Ass" SEO Guest Blogging Contest to WIN CASH PRIZES http://bit.ly/9knBFs

PM me for coupon codes!

emilsp
Trust:
Over optimization with backlinks cannot really hurt your rankings. If it could, people would "over-optimize" their competitors websites all the time to improve their own rankings. That being said, you want to have some variety in the anchor texts of your backlinks to get the most value of them.

I've seen that rankings sometimes fluctuate for no apparent reason, probably Google just likes to experiment a little to see which pages have the highest click-through and the lowest bounce rates.

Anyway, keep building your backlinks and you should be fine. It doesn't look natural to Google if a page that used to get some backlinks every day now gets no backlinks at all.

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Google tweeks their algorithm several times a month. sometimes (like the one in may) it is major and a lot of people notice it. sometimes it is minor and it only affects a few people. as long as you consistently build links and dont delve into black hat methods, your rankings will come back.

if you want some great tips on what google looks at, check out these videos http://backlinksforum.com/showthread.ph ... -Backlinks
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

tonebizz
Trust:
hey guys, thanks for the support,

The thing is that my pages are no where to be found.
its not like google moved me to page 3, the pages are gone

But i guess they will come back.. i will work on some more backlinks and see what happens

Thanks
sonitin
Trust:
Over optimization with backlinks cannot really hurt your rankings. If it could, people would "over-optimize" their competitors websites all the time to improve their own rankings. That being said, you want to have some variety in the anchor texts of your backlinks to get the most value of them.

That is what I meant, have variety in your anchor text of your backlinks. If you are playing in an enough competitive niche then be ready for your competitors pulling you down. An heavy xrumer blast can easily shake your rankings for few days .
"offshoreally.com" - One click for all outsourcing requirements including bookmarking, submissions, dedicated staff, link building..

Looking for a qualified virtual assistant to help you with your work? Click here - "offshoreally.com/internet-marketing-outsourcing-seo/virtual-assistant-link-building"

Enter The" Bad Ass" SEO Guest Blogging Contest to WIN CASH PRIZES http://bit.ly/9knBFs

PM me for coupon codes!

This topic was started on Aug 16, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.