Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Overwhelmed With Affiliate Marketing

downtherabbithole075
Trust:

Overwhelmed With Affiliate Marketing

Anyone else get overwhelmed with all this. Seems like alot to do.
lcortezbarcelo
Trust:
I know what you mean. Nobody said it would be easy. You need to work hard but the advantage is that we count with great courses such as affiloblueprint and affilojetpack.
So we are on the right path. =)
downtherabbithole075
Trust:
yes but maybe you can afford it I cannot afford those courses.
downtherabbithole075
Trust:
a payment plan would be nice but he wants the whole thing outright
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Trina,

Yes, it can all be overwhelming which is why we recommend a step by step course like Affiloblueprint. We don't have an installment plan for any of our courses at this time, but we do have special offers. If you are subscribed to our newsletters, then you will receive a message when we have a promo.

We also have free lessons in affiliate marketing you can take advantage of. You can start with the introduction to affiliate marketing, then move on to the next lessons.

A payment plan has been suggested on our feedback site: Add a payment plan for Affilojetpack
You can for vote it and add a comment.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

tankctrlr
Trust:
Yes step-by-step blueprints are ideal.

What do you need help with Trina?

You should ask more questions, many here can coach you along.
But you got to let us know what's going on ;-)

As for your Q. I definitely get overwhelmed with what I'm learning (marketing, coding, everything lol). But the way I maintain sanity is to create To-Do-Lists, since we can only really work on 1 thing at a time (multi tasking is a lie IMO).

I create a to-do-list by writing down everything that needs to get done now, then prioritize and put the most important first, then you choose the one in the #1 spot and work on that ONLY, until it's DONE.

You just do this over and over until your list is empty, and you can move on to something else.

Try to be as specific as you can instead of putting "Create Site", you would put: "Join WordPress.com."

Once you get done with everything you can then create what's called a Model, it's basically a check-list but it's based on what you have done already, what works best for you and you should tweak it and follow it Every-time you do that task.

So I've got Models for almost everything I need to do like a Create Website Model, Create Content Model, etc.

For example my Create Content Model has something like:

-Login to TT/MSEO, find keyword low-comp/good-traffic.
-Stroll twitter/forums for what people are saying (keywords+problems)
-choose 1-2 keywords
-Login to Needanarticle.com
-Request one article, 800-1000 words, 1-2 kwd optimized, $16-$20, choose-writer, etc., etc.
-while waiting, find images to use in the posts, goto CC-image search, cant find? use> dreamstime.com
-save in WordPress/HDD
-login to NAA get article, accept, tip writer ;-)
-login to Wordpress, create new post
-Create sweet Headline with keywords + get people to clickthrough
-paste in article, format, H1/H2/H3, bold, subheads, make text readable/scan-able
-add in the images, put captions, format, link to image sources as per CC-copyright
-fill out SEO plugin details, social info, choose categories, tags.
-Save as Draft
-open Photoshop, Create featured image, size=?x?, make it "Pinterest worthy" lol.
-back to post and upload featured image, save as draft
-create call-to-action after post?
-take a step back "How can I make this post Awesome?" follow :http://www.copyblogger.com/copy-editing-tips/
-Schedule post in Editorial Calendar plugin.
-login to Aweber, create broadcast for this post, save as draft.
After Posted
-login to aweber, double-check broadcast, send out to lists.
-go to post, Tweet, Like, Pin, G+, etc., post.
-login to facebook-pages, create-schedule post about new blog-post, make it enticing
-link to post from forums, comments.
-answer/approve comments on post - Disqus
-watch analytics, track post, tweak for long term, can use on other projects?

So when I need a new blog post i follow the above Model. I can easily write this off the top of my head because I've done it many times and most of the time I don't even have to look at the Model. Plus you get faster and faster at doing it .

You can do all this too, you just need to get started with that one thing at the top of your list.
Writing Services - www.needanarticle.com

benjamin_lovell
Trust:
I see what you mean @downtherabbithole075. I've been digging into the Affiloblueprint Course recently, and I feel the same way at times. What I have to do, so I don't get nervous and give up, is learn a "chunk" at time, let it sink in then move on. It would be nice if when it comes to SEO training for example, if things could be broken down a bit more, as in what you need to be doing to SEO properly. I feel like its very broad in what they are telling you, so its easy to get Confused. But overall this is still one of the best courses I've worked before. I've learned so much since working this course, and feel like once I get going and so forth, it'll be a breeze. Its just the beginning stages that can be challenging at times. Don't give up, and keep going at it! :) We'll all achieve the success we want to see happen, as long as we keep Progressing.
kallayprasanth05
Trust:
Lessons from affilorama cover almost every aspect of affiliate marketing. These lessons do make us overwhelmed with affiliate marketing.
benjamin_lovell
Trust:
@kallayprasanth05. Yes, this is true of this course, but still a great course to learn from. Mark Ling is one of the top Affiliate Marketers out there, among the few in the business. ("Few" meaning the "Super Affiliates" in the business.) If you've ever read his "Biography" and how he got started in Affiliate marketing, its pretty interesting. Something I find really awesome is, once his business was full swing, he taught his Dad how to be an Affiliate Marketer. His Dad was working for the New Zealand Government for 32 plus years, when he finally decided he just didn't want to do it anymore. So, Mark showed him step by step what to do, and within 6months to a year, his Dad had completely quit his full time job of thirty plus years, and in no time replaced his income, plus. I hope Im not coming across in a negative way, because that is not my intention what so ever. I'm just sharing a bit of Marks Success, and how great it is. My intention for this comment is to be more of an encouragement than anything. As we all stick with it, we'll achieve the success we all desire.
tankctrlr
Trust:
One thing I've noticed is that new members will join here but won't ask questions in the forums (maybe they do in the locked forums though?), how are you going to learn if you don't ask questions, as soon as you stop asking questions you stop growing.

I mean seriously that was an epic post I made above did that even help anyone? Thumbs up? lol

There are experienced marketers here, who can help you if you ask, all you need to do is ask questions.

:)

joshua.brent.harris
Trust:
I look at affiliate marketing like building your character on World of Warcraft. When you first start your weak and basically suck. After months and even years of playing you've done the quests, you researched information about maximizing your stats and you've tried and tested what works for you. I feel it's the same thing with Affiliate marketing. When you first start out your completely new, and you suck. After a while if your actively learning and putting effort into it, you will start to see results. You didn't become a god on WOW overnight. It took a lot of your time and you didn't give up. (Until you realized one day that you just wasted 5 year of your life playing a game that didn't give any useful skills.)(Except that you can dominate in the arena's)

I also find myself getting distracted and trying to do too many things at once. Which is a waste of time because none of it gets done. You end up getting overwhelmed and quitting. I am trying to practice 1 simple motto "KISS" Keep it simple stupid. Simplicity never fails. Anyway, thanks for your time. I hope everyone is successful and lives long happy lives.
tankctrlr
Trust:
Completely agree Joshua, we all start out as noobs and learn as we Take Action, getting help along the way, I like your gaming analogy for me though it was the RTS Command & Conquer series, all of them! Especially Red Alert 2, I was l33t, joined Affilorama a few years ago with my gamer tag TankCTrLr I don't remember why lol.

Luckily for me though with RTS games you do learn things that can be applied to the real world, like micro managing, managing funds, building sustainable economies, making fast decisions (1 wrong move and your night is wrecked kind of fast decisions), learning from epic fails/beatdowns, multi tasking (although a myth in the real world), team building, working with a teammate, creating strategies, learning Game Theory (knowing what pieces you have and what you can do with them), not getting intimidated by big shots and being humble when owning them eventually by practicing, testing/questioning with no fear>do it>test it>tweak it>get better>win. Tank Control wizardry (ok maybe that one can't be used in real life), and there are tons more skillz probably.

Thought of another one lol, being a leader or coach, I was clan leader many times and had to train newbs, hmm sounds familiar. ;-)

Anyway back to this other game called Make Money Online Pay Billz Be Free.

amourae54
Trust:
Hi,
I am a completely new having just joined. Been going through all the introductory lessons to get a good understanding. I listed all the things I need to do, and set about getting it done. Got my website up and got the sign on form linked into my site.Its a bit slow going but once I achieved each step I feel absolutely great!
I am nowhere near finished as yet. Right now I am trying to figure out how to insert the link to download my free report in my 1st follow on message. Hence going through the forums and resources. I found Andrew's article posted on Nov 18, 2013 extremely helpful. (Given it a thumbs UP!). I haven't reached that stage as yet, but will definitely come back to this when I get there.
Determination is key. Yesterday was slow, I am back today and determined to get the next step done.
Thanks so much for all the advice and information and look forward to speak to you all again. :)
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Anne,

Slowly but surely does the trick! :) Were you able to insert that download link on to your email newsletter? If not, and if you're using Aweber/Mailpush, then you can follow the steps at How Do I Put Links/URLs in Messages?

Andrew's awesome post above is also a good guide on how to get started on your affiliate site.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have further inquiries. All the best!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

thejewel
Trust:
When you're starting something new for the first time, it can always be overwhelming but with study, research, training, and guidance from experienced marketers, you will get the hang of it in no time.

The key here is not to be intimidated by jargon and technicalities. Give yourself some time to learn everything. Be patient and never lose interest. You'll be more comfortable and confident in a few weeks.

The forum is always available to ask your questions and/or concerns and the staff and members are always ready to assist anybody. This is what makes the community great!

Good luck and never give up. Keep at it!

This topic was started on Nov 15, 2013 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.