Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Overwhelmed by Affilorama's Promotions

marymeagan
Trust:

Overwhelmed by Affilorama's Promotions

I'm moving at a snails pace and nearing the end of week one (my technical skills are not great)

I have a bit of a problem with AffiloRama sending so many different promotions, a CPA coarse, Google cash just to name a couple and I'm taking the time to open my email to these offers since they come from AffiloRama and spend time reading or opting in or watching a 2 hour webinar.

The CPA webinar took me 3 hours to watch because I had to keep pausing to take notes, then found at the end it was a sales pitch for over $500.00 to join this coarse.

My question is this.....does AffiloRama want us to cancel our membership here and buy into these other courses or try and do both ? (which to me is almost impossible) or are these extra promotions for advanced marketers in AffiloRama to take advantage of ?

If these promotions are for more advanced marketers then could I opt out of just the promotions that AffiloRama sends because they are so distracting and a waste of my time as I just want to complete my assignments here and try and focus on just that, and maybe later on down the road I can opt back in once I start making money with Affiloblueprints lessons.

Larry
Last edited by graceharman on 14 Dec 09 5:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: improve title

Larry Bauge

PremiumMember
tylerj
Trust:
My sentiments exactly.

Though I love Affilo Blueprint, I find it quite a contradiction to be inundated
with offer after offer of products that are often at odds with what you're teaching.

I can't recall ever being on another list that floods the latest high priced offers with
such regularity. I understand marketing, but .....!

You have such good information, yet it's a real pita having to open up every mail
just in case it's relevant to AB.

Tj
carlmasure
Trust:
I have a different point of view...

If it wouldn't have been for another affiliate marketing guru sending me an offer to AB, I would never have known about it. Becoming a free and now premium member really ramped up my knowledge of the business. I was able to use what I learned from the other guru and apply much of it as a base for Mark's program.

This is a business. Businesses receive sales calls all the time. Your business, if you treat it as such, is no different. In this case, I find the offers to be helpful because they expand my knowledge of what's out there and increases my ability to differentiate between what is valueless and what has real merit-from the perspective of my business plan. I receive all kinds of offers, not just from AB. Some I find useful, some not. But, the ones I actually looked at were valuable, even if I didn't buy the product. Just my view.

So Mark, please keep as much information coming as you can.
mitchpowell
Trust:
marymeagan has a really good point, and carlmasure, maybe you know how to discern the value of the materials coming from the affilorama camp, and separate them out as unrelated to the current workload; but I believe many new marketers have a hard enough time understanding all that the affiloblueprint course is teaching them, and when they see emails come in from their "teachers," it's very hard for them to differentiate them from the ongoing lessons.

When materials are at direct conflict with each other, it leaves the beginning to intermediate student wondering about his ongoing project and whether he's still on the right path or not.

marymeagan, maybe it would just be best to disregard everything else and stick to the lessons here.

I don't know. I'm just saying...
Mitch
Totally Cool Geometric Christmas Ornaments
www.free-craft-downloads.com

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Another thing to keep in mind, also, is that some people have already gone through the AB course and might have a few sites making them some money, but are ready to learn more advanced stuff, or to study certain aspects in more detail. One reason Mark brings in other gurus is in part because he realizes that no one person can know everything about making money online and that certain people excell at one aspect or another, so he tries to show people who are ready for more where they can go for more information.

Also, sometimes it helps to hear something explained from a different point of view or angle. It might make more sense when someone else explains it.

But I would focus on getting the most out of this course before even considering moving on to something else! What Mark teaches here is the basics, and that can get you a long way if you put forth the effort! Everything Mark teaches here then becomes a basis for learning even more about making money online.

Either way, you'll know what is out there and where you can find more info when you're ready for it!

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

stargate66
Trust:
I agree with the parties on both sides of the fence here but, I have suddenly realized that I'm not the only person with the problem of "when to stop training or learning, and when to start applying".

I think we are so absorbed by wanting to gain more and more information (and I think, subconsciously, the reason is that we think we are just a minute away from getting the magic formula where we can sit back and relax and make a ton of money without doing anything!), that we actually forget to make time and start applying what we have just learnt. I am certainly one of them!

I think one must make a deliberate choice not to let any distractions (to learn more) get to one. A classical example is going to one's inbox first thing in the morning, and you know what?...by 12 noon you are still busy digressing information that came to you via one email to another link to another video etc.

Thanks for these posts. I'm doing the mind shift thing and will now make a concerted effort to chuck everything in a "read when you have time" folder. That way I will never get to read it and it will never get the chance to distract me :-) ...and here I am, still posting :-(

Cheers everyone

William
For over all wellness you need a solid Omega 3 fatty acids intake
http://www.earth-edge.com

stargate66
Trust:
Oh sorry Larry, I forgot to say or ask....Does a premium member have access to AB? I haven't even checked. If not, I am just a premium member and I also get the mentioned emails and I am sure the balance of the 40 000 odd other members are also getting it.
That's just marketing. Googlecash focuses on PPC marketing, the next on CPA. You may want to decide to take 3 different products and use each of the vehicles individually to market them, and see what works best.

Just my thoughts...

William
For over all wellness you need a solid Omega 3 fatty acids intake
http://www.earth-edge.com

curtis1974
Trust:
Here is my 2 cent to this thread. You will always get promotions and offers to by stuff. What you have to do is ignore them and keep focus on what you are doing. If you are following the AB or Premium Blog Boot Camp plan then stay on the course.

I learned this lesson the hard way of trying to read my emails. Leave them for the last thing you do. They kill time and you will be at your computer for about three to four hours at not even know it.

When you notice it, its too late. What you went online to do did not get done. So, stick to one plan and try and master that. I know its hard but try.
guitarjoe
Trust:
I agree Curtis. If the email doesn't apply to what you're doing RIGHT NOW, then either file it and read it later or delete it. I hate to make anyone mad at me, but one of the biggest reasons for failure in this business is information overload.

Our brain can only process so much information at any one time and it does you no good to schedule 2,3,4 webinars in one week and buy a bunch of completely unrelated products.

The end result is spending a lot of money, but being completely overwhelmed by all of the information to the point where most people get frustrated and don't do anything at all.

I know this from experience. I've been to seminars and spent several thousand bucks on stuff that I've never used, mostly because I was either overwhelmed or because I just didn't need it, but I allowed myself to be sucked in by a well written salesletter.

Everyone can do whatever they want, but I highly recommend you focus on one thing until it's completely finished and profitable before you spend anymore money on something "bright and shiny new".

My two cents.

Joe
marymeagan
Trust:
Stargate or William

Yes if you are a premier member of AffiloRama then you also get the AffiloBlueprint package, at least that is what I thought when I signed up and I have been doing the coarse and am almost finished week one.

Larry
Larry Bauge

guitarjoe
Trust:
Larry,

That's news to me. I'm a Premium Member, but I don't have access to Affiloblueprint as part of my membership. I'm pretty certain that they're two separate products. I think you get one free month of Premium Membership when you buy Affilorama, but after that it's regular price.

Joe
jpastorizo
Trust:
Everybody here have so far made very good points in this thread that Id have to agree on both sides.

For newbies it is best to focus on the AB course or if they have Affilorama Premium then focus on what is being taught there. The ones who benefit from different sales pitches are the ones way past the newbie stage. They are ready for more information that can possibly fit in their business model.

Curtis made a good point. I think that reading email should be the last thing to do in your work day. This was discussed by Tim Ferriss in his book "The 4-hour work week".

I guess this is a combination of a lot of things than any one thing...discipline, desire to succeed, dream of finding the magic pill, etc etc.

If it can be oversimplified maybe it should be down to 3 things:
1. Focus on the course you are doing, follow it by the letter and then implement what you learn.
2. Open your email accounts only 15-30 minutes before the end of your work day. This way even if you extend reading and replying to emails, at least you have accomplished earlier in the day what you are scheduled to do for the day. =)
3. Check out other strategies/methods when you are really ready.

Regards,
Renato
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

jpastorizo
Trust:
Joe,

Yes, AffiloBlueprint 2.0 and Affilorama Premium are two separate products. I believe there are 2 different offers.
1 offer is that when you purchase AffiloBlueprint 2.0 you get 1 month free access to Affilorama Premium. The other offer is when you purchase Affilorama Premium you get an offer for a discounted price on AffiloBlueprint 2.0. I also believe these 2 separate offers have different sets of bonuses.

Regards,
Renato

Guitarjoe wrote:Larry,

That's news to me. I'm a Premium Member, but I don't have access to Affiloblueprint as part of my membership. I'm pretty certain that they're two separate products. I think you get one free month of Premium Membership when you buy Affilorama, but after that it's regular price.

Joe

marymeagan
Trust:
Hi Renatto
Thanks for clearing up the difference between AffiloRamma and AffiloBlueprint

Let me ask you this since I can't remember the details of my purchase and can't find any documentation anywhere,I know AffiloRama is a monthly subscription of $47,00 USD /month and if my memory serves me Affiloblueprint is a one time buy in of $97.00 USD. (I got premium membership for$1,00 for a week then after that I'm charged the monthly rate and my credit card online shows this first months deduction)

I am considering returnig Affilobluprint because I can't see the need to spend money on two products that teaches the same thing, or maybe I should cancel AffiloRama and keep AffiloBluprint, can you show me the need to have both Renatto, especially since I'm basically higher up than a newbie. I hate throwing my money away on stuff I don't need.

One other queation, where can I find my purchase details in both sites ?

Larry
Larry Bauge

jpastorizo
Trust:
Larry,

I think the recent release of Affilorama Premium offers buyers AffiloBlueprint2.0 a reduced price of $167.

If you will buy AffiloBlueprint2.0 and get 1 free month of Affilorama Premium access then the price is $197. If you decide to continue the Affilorama Premium then that is $47 a month.

If you are way past the newbie stage and you already know how to build affiliate sites, do on-page and off-page SEO - then you dont need AffiloBlueprint. If you are ready to learn more things on a monthly basis then keep your Affilorama Premium subscription.

If you are considering returning AffiloBlueprint please contact support.

Regards,
Renato

marymeagan
Trust:
Thanks Renato

I canceled AffiloRama this morning after a reply from Aletta, she mentioned that Affilobluprint is better for newbies because it's more focused on what I need at the moment and I can always come back to AffilloRama once I get more established.

AffilloRama has a lot of great stuff but you basically have to figure out on your own which direction you want to take, where at the moment I need a little hand holding.

Larry
Larry Bauge

jpastorizo
Trust:
Good to know that you're now set! It's the 1st step of a journey of a thousand miles...

If you need some help you just post it here in the forum.

Regards,
Renato

wollowra
Trust:
May I just add that with the premium membership you get to use all the tools and hosting.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

jcdean
Trust:
The webinars are awesome! This place totally rocks!!! Mark has these guys really spilling their guts!! There is like 10,000s worth of content here.

If there is a sales pich at the end of the webinars, it's cuz there is an internet marketer interviewing an internet marketer. Thats what they do.

It would be wise to master one aspect of affiliate marketing before moving on to another.

J.C.
Respect,
J.C. Dean
http://KillYourDayjob.com

wollowra
Trust:
Hi Guys,
You might find reading this post by mark very helpful.
forum-news/should-i-join-all-the-programs-promoted-by-mark-t4649.html
also...
affiliate-programs-f30/affiliate-blueprint-launch-review-should-i-buy-t5271.html
Hope it helps.
Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

This topic was started on Dec 13, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.