Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Outsourcing issues

PremiumMember
thebigventure
Trust:

Outsourcing issues

Hi guys, I've begun outsourcing and I have been training my staff to do things the same as I personally do it, so they are getting ready to basically do all the work in the business. This means I dont have to do anything.
HOWEVER
Problem... How do I stop them (once they learn everything) from going away and doing it themselves? I know Mark and some other super affiliates use the Filipinos as staff, and I'm doing that too, because I know if I hired here in Aus or even in the US, people may go and start their own businesses using my skills I taught them. How can I prevent things like that?
Cheers
http://www.TheBigVenture.com - Started 6 years ago...finally making $15,000+ per month now!

faradina
Trust:
You can't. Not really. And specially not if they really want to do it for themselves. Not even if you put them under a non-compete agreement as there is really no effective way of enforcing such.

You can try to keep them happily working for you by paying them good wages or giving them certain perks. Or you can try to spread the work to a number of people so that no single individual gets a view of the whole picture (but even then, the smart ones would still be able to figure it out).

But the thing is, a time will come for certain staff (particularly the good ones) to leave you, because they have grown and need something else which you may not be able to provide. There is a song that goes "people grow and they sometimes grow apart" and that applies to employers and staff as well.
PremiumMember
thebigventure
Trust:
Insightful post, thankyou very much :)
http://www.TheBigVenture.com - Started 6 years ago...finally making $15,000+ per month now!

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Any business is going to have staff turnover, no matter what you do. As Fara says, keep them busy, pay them well, give bonuses, and continue to grow. once you get them going strong, start learning a new system,, or start thinking about creating a product or starting up a membership site , so that you can give them something different to do and keep their interest.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
I'd second what James is saying. Take any offline business, such as a restaurant, for example. You're going to loose people for a variety of reasons... Some decide this wasn't for them. Some look promising, but never develop. Some go off to do other things. And some decide to do it themselves. When that happens, just go out and find someone else to replace them.

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

PremiumMember
sirmatts
Trust:
You got some really great answers here I just wanted to add my two cents even if almost everything is said already. As said they will come and go keep up the interest and so on.... I think its good to have different sources from where you hire both own staff but also just hire for specific tasks. So if you loose some important staff you have a good(temporary) source ready to contact quickly.

Also I think its a good idea to be really well organized with your staff training, I guess most people has heard about the "McDonalds bible". Where every single aspect of their business is documented.

There is a really great open source system called Moodle that almost every University world wide used for classes and to manage their "digital material". I am often told that I like to kill mosquitos with missiles but i really like that system. And if teachers are able to set it up, anyone should be able to do it. Its quite straight forward might take you a little time. But once you have everything set up you can just give your new hire a login and give them your training. Moodle can be installed directly from cpanel. They are a PR9 site for a reason :)
Best thing ever since sliced bread! Seriously this spinner is 20 Years ahead of TheBestSpinner. Get a Massive 70% Launch Discount ->http://www.inwrk.info/realbestspinner

PremiumMember
thebigventure
Trust:
Thanks guys great posts - I'll definitely check at moodle thankyou

This topic was started on Jan 07, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.