Affilorama Birthday
Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Organic Conversion %

purplebeans
Trust:

Organic Conversion %

Hey Guys,

Just registered and this seems to be an awesome place to learn about affiliate marketing!

I have a website that gets about 500 unique visitors a day. And I promote some health ebooks on very relevant pages and I presell well since I tried the product myself, but my conversions are horrible, under 1% convert to sales. So I am wondering what kind of conversions I should expect?

If I get under or around 1% then I'm better just sticking with adsense and making more money.

Thanks!
vince974
Trust:
Hi purplebeans,

I think 1% conversion is pretty good. I believe this is what we target for even when using PPC. As you are converting from organic it seems quite good as I would suspect the visitors are less targeted than those that would arrive from PPC.

Do the ebooks you promote have their sales pages as well or you sell them off your site?

Vince
purplebeans
Trust:
Thanks for your reply!

Yeah I'm sending traffic to someone's sales page at the moment. I was thinking about that, that organic traffic probably is a lot less targeted, thanks for clearing that up!
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
All depends on who your visitors are. If you have a lot of visitors who are surfing the net wanting to buy something, your conversions will be a lot higher than if they're just searching for information.

You can make sure you target buyers by optimising for the right keywords. For example, product names, author names etc etc.

Sean
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

This topic was started on Jun 17, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.