Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Optimal Growth Rate for Sites?

joshua
Trust:

Optimal Growth Rate for Sites?

Ok, I kinda have a complex question but need answers. Mark recommends getting about 60 pages when creating a new website. What I am interested in knowing is what's the optimal growth rate (does adding subdomains count, or just web pages). After the site has "x-amount" of pages, the optimal rate at which we can add more content should grow as well.

In other words, red flags may be raised if a brand new site's growth rate is 100 new page per day. However, maybe that rate of growth would be optimal after the site has been around for awhile and/or is receiving a lot of traffic. Does anyone have figure that would be a good guide to go by?

Also, how many links to add per day, quality links vs quantity (avoiding red flags), links from various IP's, deep linking, targeted linking, etc etc.

I really need all the information I can get. The site I am creating is a multi hundred page site. I will be paying many people to write articles and putting these pages up on the fly. I just want to fly under the radar.
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
There is no way you are going to create 100 pages of unique content in one day... unless you were being exaggerated.....

I guarantee you will not get red flagged no matter how many unique pages you think you can do.

Link building......... ehhhhhh they say to keep it roughly the same each month if you can.... so if you get 100 links this month... try to get around that number next month...... I go up and down with that rule and it never has affected me... Just don't put your site in link farms etc...

Adrian,
joshua
Trust:
Yea, I was exaggerating with the 100 pages a day but do plan to create upwards to 20 a day. That is with me and my partner and paying others to write. I appreciate your response. Mark do you have any comments on this particular matter?

Do you know if Google sees subdomains as additional pages?
Last edited by joshua on 27 Dec 06 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
A subdomain is seen as a different page yes. It will not be seen as a different IP or different site though.

Adrian,
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
If it is all high quality, original content, then I doubt you would have any trouble. Perhaps you would trigger something if you put up tons of pages of crap, like a bot would do.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

superaff
Trust:
Also, blogging is an easy way to add pages. And it's cool!
Did you see the amazing case studies on my blog http://mynetmarketingland.com/blog1/
Affiloblueprint Bonus: http://www.mynetmarketingland.com/mark-ling/affiloblueprint.html

joshua
Trust:
Mark, you still on vacation? ;)
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
If you are planning on making a large site, say 300 pages, then I'd start with about 10-30 pages, then grow it at a constant rate that you can keep up with the growth rate for a while, say add 5 pages every 2-4 days.

With regards to subdomains, adrian is right:
A subdomain is seen as a different page yes. It will not be seen as a different IP or different site though.

Adrian,

What Adrian says about linking is spot on too.

All the best,
Mark
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium