Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

October already?

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:

October already?

Seems like I was just getting started with this yesterday and it's already been a year :D I'm no where near where I wanted to be by now a year ago, but that's totally because of my own efforts. And one of the reasons is distractions.

Which is where I'm at again. Something I've taken part in the last 5 years is a writing event that takes place next month, so if I don't pop in here as often in the next couple of months, that's why. I'm really going to pay attention to see what things that I do during this event that help me be so successful at it that I can apply to other areas, including my websites.

But I'm hoping that with the proper amount of rest, and a bit of focus, I'll be able to do something this year that I didn't manage to do last year -- not ignore my business efforts. I guess I'll be putting the saying "If you want something done, give it to the busy person" to the test. I really want to make both things work because both are things that I feel I could be good at, if I can just find a good balance. (A balance that would be easier to find without a j.o.b., but still one that I think I can find, if I try.) I've been trying to find it for a while, and now I'm really going to see if I can find a way to make it all work.

I feel like I'm at a point in my business stuff that I can manage it if I can learn to manage my time better, and this will be a way to test myself and hopefully help me to grow.

Well, I'm off to plan my next week to see if I can start finding that balance I want! :D
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

PremiumMember
ampie g
Trust:
Hi Grady, you've been really helpful here in the forum and I'm sure a lot of people will miss your frequent posts. We hope you'll find the balance that you're looking for. :)
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
That is so true. Finding the right balance is important. If you want to succeed you have to make time to work on your business.

I think one thing that helps with your NaNo writing that you don't have with your business is deadlines. YOu have a time frame that you have to complete it in and rewards for completing it in the deadline.

You can do that for yourself with your business. Set a deadline for getting something done, and then reward yourself for your efforts when you complete it.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Thanks Ampie.

Bro, not a bad idea... And I think what I need to do is write it down. I know I've set deadlines in my head, but not really written them down or enforced them.

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I am finding that when I write out a deadline, and then write out my reward for reaching it, I am more likely to follow through and actually do it.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
I'm sure things will work out for you, Grady :)

jmpruitt wrote:Set a deadline for getting something done, and then reward yourself for your efforts when you complete it.

That's a great idea, James. I just usually try to set a deadline but never thought of giving myself a reward. I think everyone deserves a reward even when accomplishing small tasks :)
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

This topic was started on Oct 04, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.