Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

niche profit classroom money word matrix

jjperkins
Trust:

niche profit classroom money word matrix

Hi all, long time no posts.
A question for Mark really.
Is it wise to start messing about with blueprint sites that have low traffic and slow sales (maybe due to the keywords and maybe the fact that they've only been running for 2 months) and apply the money word matrix we've just seen in niche profit classroom techniques? Also how well do you know these guys and do you sincerely back them up? We are thinking of going with their system too, would you? It was an enlightening seminar to say the least.

Thanks in advance.

Best wishes to all.

J & J

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I was thinking of doing that myself.
on the topic of the webinar, did I miss the "mind tricks" part or did they not bring it up?
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

affiliatedon
Trust:
Just watched the np classroom webinar was very informative but,
I applied the money matrix to my just finished website and I only have 2 keywords that are good and one that is excellent
I know that we were told to pick keywords above 1500 searches and I did that, also making sure that I did not pick keywords with too much traffic as not to be to competitive and now after applying the matrix techniques to my website I am shocked to find I really don't have much of a chance of ranking for most of my articles so what would you suggest ? I have one keyword which has 2900 search volume and a "google" search over and 139,000 is this possible to rank and how many articles would I have to write on that keyword? But another one with 8100 search volume and a "google" search over 2.6 million so what now ? I was not told about this in the blueprint and after doing so many hours of work in to get a finished site and doing my seo article marketing I am a little deflated to think I might have to find different keywords and rewrite most of my articles........ What in your mind would be an acceptable level in google?
The NP guys think anything over 20,000 is a waste of Time oh thats great to find out NOW !
hsp506
Trust:
It's my opinion from what I've read and know from past experience is "content" weights heavily with Google. So if your article content is strong I think you may have a chance to get some traffic.

I also think that a lot of these "gurus" only list their top sites in their marketing materials. I'm sure they have had a lot of site fail. Remember if this was easy, everyone would be doing this and making money. You just have to keep trying until you get a site that succeeds.

I'm also beginning to think you really have to think outside the box so to speak when targeting a niche site. The betta fish in the webinar with NPC tonight was something I would have never thought of doing.

Hang in there!

JR
feeoshea
Trust:
I thought the NP classroom webinar was brilliant - different tactics to Mark as what Mark teaches is site with 30 pages and affiliate product - for most of us these will be based on fairly competitive niches, on the other hand you've got these guys with "odd" niches, 10 pages and their own product. I think both strategies can run simultaneously - they are similar but different. Also what I've learnt from Mark and what I learnt from today can be interwoven.
So, thanks Mark for the great webinar.

I agree with JR - think outside the box.
affiliatedon
Trust:
Yes It was a good webinar I don't know if I want to fork out yet more money per month on another course? But does anyone have any thoughts on my original money matrix Question? what about my keywords?
wollowra
Trust:
There are more than 2 ways to skin a cat ( Sorry cat lovers )
I asked Mark about this one day and he said that everyone has there own way of doing things and you just need to choose what you find works for you.
What works for one person may not work for the other.
You can not have every single keywords ranking as excellent in one niche.
Each keyword has a different value and traffic.
Some will be good, some excellent and some not so good...
But when you put all that traffic together you cover alot of keywords.
Choose what you think is best for you. Mark has his way of doing things and he makes alot of money online and so do the NPC guys.

Hope that makes sense?

Just my 2 cents..
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

affiliatedon
Trust:
Yes it does make sense, and I do have a cat and some times I wish I could skin it! but my wife won't let me ;)

It is just a bit disconcerting, I have submitted articles but as yet no traffic, I know it takes time and I am prepared to wait but just a little sign that all my hard work is paying off would be good............
jjperkins
Trust:
This is the other J in the J&J, and I'm thinking along the lines of Wollowra.
I'm interested in the NPC teaching but I don't think it's mix n match. The keywords Mark is teaching us to go for are based around a different concept to those guys.
And although we targetted some fairly competitive keywords, that I;m sure will come out Poor in the Matrix, we are getting good results in Google.

Ok, just went away & ran them, surprised me, we have 9 excellent,5 Good, 5 Fair & 6 Poor.
But then some of the Poor ones are doing quite well!
One has our site at #4 from 73K, for one with 55K results around half the top twenty are us and our articles!

Personally my feeling is that it's better not to add a bit of this method, a little from that & a pinch of the other, at least until I know a lot more than I do now I prefer to just follow one blueprint.
If we take on the NPC stuff I think it should run seperately/alongside.

It does get hard waiting for results when you've put so much in but if you were happy with your keywords when you selected them I wouldn't start worrying just yet Affiliatedon. We found the AMA/directory submissions really started to pay off after a while, our problem is that although Google likes us apparently people don't :(

Ah well, back to work...another 16 hour day coming up :-o

PremiumMember
caroldunn
Trust:
I found the webinar to be enlightening too. I've been having success following Mark's methods and I'd never made sales online before so that is quite an achievement for a newbie. However I do like to learn from other people too and Mark says he has learned a lot from these guys too, so I'm going to give their program a try. I like the money matrix, what I'm going to do is use 30 keywords using mark's strategy and a further 20 using their strategy and have 50 articles total on each of my 2 sites and see how it goes.
PremiumMember
avidpoet
Trust:
CarolDunn wrote:I found the webinar to be enlightening too. I've been having success following Mark's methods and I'd never made sales online before so that is quite an achievement for a newbie. However I do like to learn from other people too and Mark says he has learned a lot from these guys too, so I'm going to give their program a try. I like the money matrix, what I'm going to do is use 30 keywords using mark's strategy and a further 20 using their strategy and have 50 articles total on each of my 2 sites and see how it goes.

Carol thats an excellent idea because after all we really want to potentially rank for just about every converting keyword in out market and always add new pages to our site. Afterwhile you may even have an Authority site which Google loves anyway.
PremiumMember
avidpoet
Trust:
feeoshea wrote:I thought the NP classroom webinar was brilliant - different tactics to Mark as what Mark teaches is site with 30 pages and affiliate product - for most of us these will be based on fairly competitive niches, on the other hand you've got these guys with "odd" niches, 10 pages and their own product. I think both strategies can run simultaneously - they are similar but different. Also what I've learnt from Mark and what I learnt from today can be interwoven.
So, thanks Mark for the great webinar.

I agree with JR - think outside the box.

Most definately think out of the box. Use another animal there are alot of Gerbil/Hamster lovers out there. What about Parakeets? I like how those guys made their opt ins more personal by asking what the names of their Betta Fish were
lannhem
Trust:
Hi everyone, I am a total newbie. I just bought AB on Saturday, I am still on Lesson 1. After listening to the webinar last night on NP Classroom, I wonder how much this differs from Mark's Premium product that I have barely skimmed through?
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
the np classroom is a completely different system. they are building different type of sites, and focus on owning your own product. Ill stick witht the affiliate business and the AB method, until I figure out how to make it work, mabey then I will look at other methods and try to diversify. Dont wanna catch the "shiny new thing" syndrome. :)
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

auscast
Trust:
Ok something doesn't quite make sense to me. The NPC guys' money word matrix is soley based on search engine results. They apply the quotes around keyword idea and target their keywords that way. Yet Mark advises against this in his training videos as he says there's a lot more too it. So which is it?
affiliatedon
Trust:
I don't know if he advise against this? I think he is trying not to totally confuse people so they don't get bogged down in analysis paralysis... and just make a start.
I would agree that this method could of been a use to me when choosing my keywords so I would have a better chance of ranking than I do now!
wollowra
Trust:
jmpruitt wrote:the np classroom is a completely different system. they are building different type of sites, and focus on owning your own product. Ill stick witht the affiliate business and the AB method, until I figure out how to make it work, mabey then I will look at other methods and try to diversify. Dont wanna catch the "shiny new thing" syndrome. :)

Hi Auscast,
James got it right in the post above.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

sarasmiles
Trust:
If someone joins Niche Profit Classroom will they give a review? Mark's is positive but just ran across this with some pretty negative comments about the support. It sounds good and really am considering it but:
http://www.slideshare.net/andrewjoshua/ ... esentation
affiliatedon
Trust:
For me
There is no way that I have the time to do the blueprint and NP classroom
I signed up for the $1.00 to see what its like, But you really don't see much!
In the forum there is a lot of complaints about lack of Support which is a bit of a worry, you don't need that sort of thing when you start out.
The best way to see how a company works is through its support.....
affiliatedon
Trust:
Oh just an update with niche profit classroom
There was a glitch with my account so I could not access all things.. so that is fixed and I have had a look at some of the lessons....

They do not show you how to build a website from scratch, so if you have NOT been through the blueprint, or know how to build a website then this course would be a struggle!

Personally I don't see the value in paying a monthly fee to do this course or any course for that matter! If you do not have enough spare time to sit through the hundreds of videos ultimately this course is going to cost you a lot of money!
Paying a one off fee like the blueprint gave me more breathing space knowing I could do it in my own pace....

Although the Affilo Blueprint is more labour intensive it is by far the better course to get a better understanding of affiliate marketing!
Just my 4 cents worth....
paulie69
Trust:
Mmmm, I was wondering the exact same thing, auscast. From what I understand though, the MoneyWord Matrix has two elements and is not based on Search Engine Result alone. SE Result is only one factor (value) which needs to be "plugged" into the matrix.You need another value as well...

You cross reference the SE Result against the Number of Monthly Searches for the keyphrase, which you obtain using your preferred tool, in the usual way (obviously with Traffic Travis, this tool throws up a Daily Search value so just multiply x 28 to get the Monthly value). In effect this matrix is just a simple lookup table. It seems an amazingly simple and effective idea and it should be very easy to build a spreadsheet to effect this "matrix" system and throw up a rating for all of your prospective keyphrases (as long as you have these two values of course which are very easy to obtain). So I'm not sure if the matrix software is a necessity - though I guess it makes the process a bit easier. Also from what I understand you only get access to the software while you pay the ongoing subscription fee - which is not cheap (at least not in my world) despite the $1 upfront trial.

Basically, if the core of the course revolves around this simple matrix system then why the necessity to do the actual course at all if you can achieve the same results (as far as keyword research goes anyway) using a spreadsheet by implementing this kind of matrix yourself. I know the course offers other stuff as well but IMHO I will stick to AB when I do it. Even at this early stage in my learning though I can't see why you can't implement AB values (numbers) within this matrix - just by changing the parameters (threshold values) of the matrix to align with Mark's teachings. It would make for an interesting project and a not all that complicated one to boot.

I think the Number of Monthly Searches Mark teaches is 1500 minimum, right. This value would need to be split into several sub-values to align into the rows of the matrix. What is Mark's magic number for an ideal associated SE Result? Perhaps there is none using AB, just a Monthly Search figure (1500 - above) I'm guessing. Likewise with this, an appropriate set of numbers could be developed for the matrix column's. It would be nice to have Mark's input for these values as we obviously hold a lot of faith in him and his ideas. And of course ideally, we want to follow AB teachings.

This seems to make sense based on what I've so far learned using the free resources of this site and lots of other resources on the web. The matrix philosophy would certainly serve to make keyword selection much easier, more certain and less based on intuition - although injecting a bit on intuition must be a good thing too. But for us newbies we don't have that (yet) and so we have to rely more on certainty.

The quotes around the keyword mean "exact phrase", right? I thought that was a good idea - at least that's what I read. At least not a bad thing. But maybe I'm wrong...

Perhaps Mark or someone else can elaborate further on this?? I haven't done AB yet but I will do so soon.

Anyway it's just my 2-cents worth, I'm only on my "L" plates as far as this stuff goes so PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong here... it's just my opinion, nothing more, nothing less.. It's all part of learning I guess.

I'm just happy to see this kind of discussion going on - a sure sign of a healthy and vibrant forum! :)

Regards
Paul
Last edited by paulie69 on 31 Jul 09 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

jjperkins
Trust:
Hi all
Just a quick update from the creator of this hornets nest.
We still seem to be struggling to make sales on our first site, and are now in the middle of building 5 more the blueprint way. We've decided to impliment the money word matrix on one of them, and after going through the proccess have found that we,re not too far away from the keywords we already had from applying Marks system. It's possible the matrix just makes things a whole lot easier and quicker. The site we,re using them on was already three quarter set up and getting nowhere really slowly (like the first one) so we'll keep you posted if things improve in the near future.

Affiliatedom, If you're still having trouble ranking and getting traffic, why not check your keywords in the matrix (we found most of our's were poor) then put each one into goog key tool and pick one really close to it that ranks excellent in matrix, then it takes no time at all to swap them into your site and edit your posted articles accordingly. Just an idea that is quick easy and could possibly have awsome effects. good luck. Our ultimate plan is not to stray too far from AB at present, but a little experimentation won't hurt. We're all on a massive learning curve here. Just think how far you,ve come in the last 6 months, we've well surpassed our own expectations. Chin up everyone.
Regards J & J

affiliatedon
Trust:
I already checked my keywords in the matrix that's what started this discussion.............. anyway back to the drawing board!
jjperkins
Trust:
Hi affiliatedon
What I was suggesting was to swap your keywords (if poor in the matrix) to something close to your keyword, that fits easily into your articles and comes out excellent in the matrix. oh and by the way, what started this discussion was the original post that you are now posting on, apart from you we all seem to be trying to help each other, but you seem to be full of attitude.
regards
J & J

robynm
Trust:
Hi Guys
I have been to Adams classroom and there are differences.

they target medium traffic with the money matrix.
they have fewer articles & yes they speak of creating your own product.

I stopped going with them so that I could do Marks corse and do not regret my choice.

Their sites work off medium traffic, medium sites.
Mark shows us how to make authority sites. they are very good and do go into detail. But I am very happy with the Affiloblueprint.

I recommend staying with Mark until you have completed the blueprint then if you want to venture around, go for it.

hope that helps
affiliatedon
Trust:
Hey JJ
pls don't assume that I am full of attitude. I did post a similar question on the forum which disappeared and the staff merged it with your post. My original thread on page 1 explained exactly what I was asking? But if you want to go ahead and assume & cast aspersions go right ahead!
oh & thanks Alot!
cosmolito
Trust:
LANNHEM wrote:Hi everyone, I am a total newbie. I just bought AB on Saturday, I am still on Lesson 1. After listening to the webinar last night on NP Classroom, I wonder how much this differs from Mark's Premium product that I have barely skimmed through?

Hi Lannhem, consider yourself extremely blessed that as a newbie you happened to find both Mark's course and the NPC all at once! Do not worry in the slightest in comparing the 2 because they are both great! (from my point of view - they are the best I've found and I've look around a lot!)

Feel free to choose whatever, but I think Affiloblueprint is the better starter course because it is SOO thorough and detailed and easy to folow and there is so much great content and you will learn A LOT. NPC is another great one but it will take more time and resources getting a site like theirs going. Marks is simple and easy and is cheaper to get going and less involved and potentially just as profitable as NPC if not more (you never know)

My intention is to continue using Marks course but adapting the money wordmatrix for my keyword research. This to me is like taking best of both worlds. And eventually when it's time to scale things up and create the authority site, I think NPC and the kind og info they have to offer will come in really handy.

Hope this helps :)
“Online social media is quickly eradicating off page SEO as a viable means of gaining rankings.”
- Charles Heflin (cutting edge SEO expert)
www.cosmokeenan.com/synnd

cosmolito
Trust:
auscast wrote:Ok something doesn't quite make sense to me. The NPC guys' money word matrix is soley based on search engine results. They apply the quotes around keyword idea and target their keywords that way. Yet Mark advises against this in his training videos as he says there's a lot more too it. So which is it?

I can feel your concern! There is only one way to look at it in my opinion - BOTH are good! I would say they both have ups and both have downs. I am testing right now and I'll let you know what i find out when i do, but as Mark says, with 30 articles, maybe 7 will rank highly in the search engines if you follow the steps correctly; and with the matrix, I am assuming that you'll get the same or better - but I don't know yet for sure but I am optimistic :)

Basically Mark is coming from his experience which tells him it is not important to look at competing websites and in a way, I think he is right because it can make you worry, but on the other hand, NPC guys have had a lot of success with their system and it seems to make some sense to me. I mean if a targeted keyword has, lets say over 1500 search (like marks system), and under 10,000 competing websites, well I am going to infer that this term will rise highly in the search engines with out too much friction - we'll see :)

gotta run!
“Online social media is quickly eradicating off page SEO as a viable means of gaining rankings.”

conners88
Trust:
I have signed up for the $1 trial.

I signed up to Marks product a few weeks back and have my first site up and running, and i am just playing the waiting game with it. Everything i have learned, i learned from affiloblueprint. For a newbie, affilorama is the perfect way to start. because 6 weeks ago i was struggling asking questions in forums. trying to get answers to my million questions.

I now feel like i have been doing this for years, no i havnt had any return yet but i know its just around the corner.

So for anybody trying to understand the important steps, i would recommend marks course because it really helps you get an understanding of this industry. So dont look at other products until you have a real understanding, that way you can learn more from other products because you already know the basics (you will only confuse yourself by trying to learn too much at the same time).

I do have one question for the people who signed up for the 7 day trial, How do you cancel it? lol, i dont feel its worth it for me at this current time, i want to master affilo first.

Conners
Follow My 20 Micro Niche Sites per month challenge http://www.connersroad2success.com/

cosmolito
Trust:
conners88 wrote:I have signed up for the $1 trial.

I signed up to Marks product a few weeks back and have my first site up and running, and i am just playing the waiting game with it. Everything i have learned, i learned from affiloblueprint. For a newbie, affilorama is the perfect way to start. because 6 weeks ago i was struggling asking questions in forums. trying to get answers to my million questions.

I now feel like i have been doing this for years, no i havnt had any return yet but i know its just around the corner.

So for anybody trying to understand the important steps, i would recommend marks course because it really helps you get an understanding of this industry. So dont look at other products until you have a real understanding, that way you can learn more from other products because you already know the basics (you will only confuse yourself by trying to learn too much at the same time).

Conners

Well said Conners. I agree whole heartedly - AB: great for newbies. NPC: great for people who already know the basics!

Conners, sounds like you really put a lot into your first site to get it up and running in a few short weeks! Nice work.

conners88
Trust:
people have to understand that the first site you make with affiloblueprint is basically a trial and error. Mark has made the course as simple as possible hence a lot of the advanced things left out to avoid confusion.

I am currently building my second site whilst still doing work on my first, but i am doing things differently to avoid the mistakes i made in the first one. To be successfull you need to make lots of mistakes, so that you know the best way to do things. I made many mistakes on my first site but i am hoping i will have corrected them in my second. No doubt i will make different mistakes in this one. You can not master this with a click of the fingers. Think about it, how many years did you go to school? it would be foolish to teach you everything in one year when your 5 years old. this is pretty similar.
Follow My 20 Micro Niche Sites per month challenge http://www.connersroad2success.com/

cosmolito
Trust:
conners88 wrote:I am currently building my second site whilst still doing work on my first, but i am doing things differently to avoid the mistakes i made in the first one.

I made many mistakes on my first site but i am hoping i will have corrected them in my second.

Hey Conners, I am just wondering if I may ask, what are some of the main mistakes you made with your first site so we can all learn and maybe apply what you learned to our own sites :)

I feel confident that I have done well in my first site (can't think of any mistakes as of yet) but it is still to early to tell because I am not yet ranking yet. It would be nice to be aware of certain sign posts along the way so as not to get into trouble. - thanx!

jasondodd
Trust:
one of the basic ideas behind the sites that you build following AB is that you are trying to tap into an existing revenue stream - the bigger the stream the more likely you can divert some of it into your own pocket, which is the reasoning behind the 3 word phrases and search volume of more than 1500/month - as soon as you add quotes youre getting into a very narrow niche, which is fine if youre following a specialized program like NPC but not so great when youre just getting started ...
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

sonitin
Trust:
@jmpruitt - You are the dude!

Guys seriously stop jumping around till you have your first site making you pots of money. Trust me its easy, just stick to one thing

"Be like a postage stamp, stick to one thing until you reach there"
"offshoreally.com" - One click for all outsourcing requirements including bookmarking, submissions, dedicated staff, link building..

Looking for a qualified virtual assistant to help you with your work? Click here - "offshoreally.com/internet-marketing-outsourcing-seo/virtual-assistant-link-building"

Enter The" Bad Ass" SEO Guest Blogging Contest to WIN CASH PRIZES http://bit.ly/9knBFs

PM me for coupon codes!

frankirish
Trust:
Hi Folks

Maybe I've picked things up wrongly (MoneyWord Matrix etc) but...if a keyword has over 1500 searches per month (Google Keyword Tool) and then I feed it into Google (in " ") and it comes up with under 20,000 pages, that,surely, tells me I might be on to a Good or Excellent (depending on searches and amount of web pages) Keyword - no need for a MoneyWord Matrix...just good old commonsense...or am I missing something.

Some great ideas and techniques from the webinar though.

Anybody in Affilo land making any money yet...or are we all just dreamers?

All the best
Frank
Edinburgh
krsnendu
Trust:
More important than the number of competing sites is the quality of the sites, especially on page one and two. If you have sites like wikipedia and about.com they will be impossible to outrank, but others sites may be quite easy to outrank. It needs to be analysed.
cosmolito
Trust:
krsnendu makes a great point.

This topic was started on Jul 28, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.