Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

newsletter series on "get your ex back"?

stefan1601
Trust:

newsletter series on "get your ex back"?

Hey guys,
I'm thinking about starting a new site about "get your ex back", but still confuse about whether I should put a newsletter or not. If putting a newsletter is not that profitable in the long run, I might cancel the project.

In diet niche, if someone in your list failed to lose weight today, you still can send him news about a new product a year later and he might think "this one looks easier, I'll give it a try". However, in "get your ex back" niche, if you send a news about new product to the same guy that opt in for your newsleter series a year ago, he might have: 1) get back together with his girlfriend already or 2) he already move on and forget about his ex. (both cases imply NO SALES and futile list building effort).

I don't think there are anyone who will still pondering about getting their ex back after a year or so after the breakup (or is there?)

Please tell me your opinion on this
jcdean
Trust:
I list is not just for the long long term.
When a person first visits you website he may be in his PJs and not have a card to buy through your affiliate link.

When he reads your day 3 email, (still hurting like hell about the break up) he may be at work with his credit card handy and you make a sale.

This same guy may not get his ex back and in six months he would be interested in other relationship advice products like Marks "Meet your Sweet"

It's all win win! it would only take an extra sale or two to pay for your aweber account.
Respect,
J.C. Dean
http://KillYourDayjob.com

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
hi stefan, for one, you don't want to just focus so tightly on one problem once you have them on your list, you can diversify into other relationship areas, or other markets completely as long as you make it relevant to the people on the list.

For example, I have a list in that niche, and I promote products on self improvement, dating advice, and how to build and maintain relationships after the crisis is over.

I have done promotions of weightloss and fitness products, especially around holidays, and even have ocassionally found a way to help them over their money crisis that is causing them to fight by offering a promotion for a make money product.

Think outside the box. remember, they are people, and they have a wide range of problems that you may be able to help them solve.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

stefan1601
Trust:
That's a good idea. I stumbled upon many AB sites when I did my research on this niche and so far I only found one that put a newsletter opt in.

Lots of "classmates" competitor on this niche, which mean we'll be using the same SEO methods, but I guess I'll give it a try anyway.

thanks for the tips
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
you may find many sites, but if you do it right, you will find that you are targeting different keywords, and so not really competing that much.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

This topic was started on Sep 04, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.