Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

New to Affilorama and spreading the love!

spirit23
Trust:

New to Affilorama and spreading the love!

Hi there!
I'm a new Affilorama member! I just joined tonight- after much contemplation...

Just wanted to say hi to everyone here (and to Mark & his team too of course!), and I hope that I'll make some really cool friends while I'm here... :D!

Just an short intro, I'm a student in London, but actually live in Hong Kong - but by blood I'm Sri Lankan.,.. pretty crazy huh?? Anyway, I consider my home home Hong Kong... er...but I guess you don't really care hahaha... :roll:

ANYWAY- I've been trying to find a way to make extra income, to help my family members and myself (not being TOO selfish) establish financial freedom, and as I'm sure most of you have already... I've been lured by loads of 'get rich quick' programmes on the net, and lost a LOT of my student loan... :evil: ... but at the same time, I've learnt alot about money making on the net... and found it pretty difficult...

I really do hope this Affilorama will bridge that gap i'm trying to cross... I'm gonna put my mind into this!!!

OK ... enough talk... hope everyone's doing well... can't wait till X'mas!! :)

Peace.

Asanka.
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Welcome,

There is much to learn :D

Adrian,
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Hey Asanka, welcome and goodluck. Get stuck into the videos and make sure you continually ask questions here in the forum.

I'm sure I'll see you around,
Sean
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
Hi Asanka -

Glad to meet you and welcome to Affilorama.

Can't wait 'til Christmas?... jeesh, you and my kids... It's It is 25 days, 1 hour, 26 minutes and 37 seconds until Christmas in my neck of the woods (at the time of this post) :lol: Hope it's full of blessings for you :wink:

PC
alvin
Trust:
Welcome. Glad you made the decision to come here and we look forward to hearing more from you!
spirit23
Trust:
:D :D :D

Hey Adrian, Sean, PC and Alvin! Thanks for the warm welcome!

Hope all of you are doing well, its pretty chilly here in London... whats the weather like where you guys are? - In know at least in Australia is summer time right? 8) arghhh so lucky...

Anyway, I'm having a lil' problem deciding what I should make my first affiliate site about....

I have a true passion for cars, anything to do with them really, except the classics which aren't my thing....

Anyway, I did a search for 'car' on adword analyzer that I have (I haven't tried Mark's prog. yet, but will soon!), and got a ton of results from overture.

The problem is the more popular search terms are stuff like car insurance, and car reviews; which seem wayyyy too competitive a market for me (a budding affiliate n00b) to jump into... and then there's the other side of the market with regard to selling car accessories and paraphernalia, which doesn't seem v. competitive at all...

Further, I did a search through the automotive section of affiloramas affiliate list, and there don't seem to be that many products that are worth promoting... hmmmmm...

To be honest, it seems like I always make the mistakes on the first step... and in this case, the most important step: Choosing your market.

I would much appreciate it if someone could suggest a market or niches that I could try, that are competitive, and something that I would have a good chance of making money with as an affiliate....?? Maybe topics that you have personally had successes with?
Thanks heaps!!

Have a good day :P

Asanka.
alvin
Trust:
The weather's pretty much the same in Malaysia all year round - hot and humid!

I can't suggest any niche for you, but I can suggest that you should start with whatever you're passionate about. If you're going to be spending a lot of time on your first website, it should be something you're really into.

Perhaps you can drill it down a bit. I know you said you're really into cars, is there anything specific you are particularly good at? Modding? Painting? Engine Tuning?
PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
:lol: I know the feeling worring about making a mistake on the niche you choose Asanka but the longer you wait and analyze the longer it'll be before you can start implementing the system.

I agree with Alvin, follow your passion, and keep digging, your website is your business, you won't enjoy working on it if you hate the subject.

Watch the 90 day videos, do your research and then ask your self "what are the people in this market looking for" or more importantly "what are they passionate about"

Visit forums for the market you're looking at and find out what kinds of questions they're asking.

And then look to see if there are competitors because competition is good, it means people are spending money. In fact pay attention to how much people are paying for PPC ads if they are paying. If the advertisers are only paying a few cents a click chances are there is no money to be made in that market... go where the money is already flowing. :)

Here's a pretty neat tool that'll show you Overture search numbers, bids and books that are available at Amazon to show you the kind of information people are looking for:
(broken link removed)

PC
Last edited by ampie g on 21 Jan 10 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: broken link removed

alvin
Trust:
promocode wrote:Watch the 90 day videos, do your research and then ask your self "what are the people in this market looking for" or more importantly "what are they passionate about"

Visit forums for the market you're looking at and find out what kinds of questions they're asking.

I remember hearing Derek Gehl speak recently and he was relating how the late Corey Rudl found a niche. He loved Ferraris and he hung out in newsgroups like groups.yahoo.com and soon he heard a recurring problems. Emblems were being stolen all the time. So he found a cheaper Italian supplier and started an online store selling replica emblems for specific models. Apparently a lot of owners did not want to replace with the original thing cause it'd get nicked again!

It was really niche and profitable and was generating (If I remember correctly) $80k/yr.

HTH,
@
PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
Great story Alvin, thanks for sharing it.

The moral is, pay attention to your market and they'll be happy to pay you for solutions. :wink:

PC
spirit23
Trust:
Thats crazy innovative!! hmmm...yummm Ferrari...

Thanks for the great feedback guys!

I'll definitely be brainstorming a lot with regard to this topic... and looking through the 90-day videos at the same time...

Just another tiny question... with regard to the videos.. where do you start? If I already know how to build a website, should I skip the first videos - or do you suggest I start from scratch??

Thanks again!

Asanka.
PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
Don't skip anything, just start at number one and work your way down as you progress. Some of the things Mark talks about you'll already know but you never know what little tidbit you might pick up and many success coaches will tell you that repetition is the mother of skill :wink:

Good Luck,
PC
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hey there Asanka,

Just another tiny question... with regard to the videos.. where do you start?

It sounds to me like you'd really benefit by watching videos 2.2, 2.3 and 2.4 in the "Finding Profitable Markets and Conducting Research" section of the members area. I also wrote a blog post a while back that summarizes things a bit:

http://www.affilorama.com/blog/12/findi ... le-niches/

The way the members area is laid out at the moment isn't in any particular order. You can watch them from the top down, or (and I would recommend) watch the 90 day roadmap to get a good overview, and then watch other lessons when you need to flesh out your knowledge.

Don't forget to watch the "guru" videos for a little inspiration.

Regards,
Mark
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

spirit23
Trust:
Sweetness Mark! and Thanks PC too...

Will do that ASAP... right now my GF wants to watch a movie with me- save meeeeeeee!!!!

G'Nite from London!

Until Tomorrow.

Asanka.
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
G'day Asanka,

I was in London just a couple of weeks ago, so I know how great the weather must be right now. Don't know how hot it is today, but its gotta be at least 30ish. :)

Let us know what you come up with.

What sort of car will you be driving when you get a proper handle on this stuff?
www.SixDayWeekend.com

spirit23
Trust:
Hey Sean,

The weather is HORRIBLE down here!!! It was raining and gloomy the whole day over here...and it gets dark at 345.. :(

I'm going back to HK for 2 weeks for Xmas, I can't wait!!

Favourite car if I had the money? A Porsche TechArt Turbo...*drooool*!!!! What about you?

Watched 'running scared' last night, really amazing movie, everyone should check it out..but PG if children...actually rather not let children watch it!

Peace.

Asanka.
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I've got a thing for Porsches aswell Asanka. So many of them around in London, hardly ever see them here.

Running Scared is a good movie, theres a few random things in it that were a bit weird.
www.SixDayWeekend.com

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Running Scared is what we aim for our competitors to do :)
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
haha, good point :)
www.SixDayWeekend.com

spirit23
Trust:
LOL nice one adrian....

Yeah there's are billions of porsches here in London, especially where I live...the more expensive part (Kensington)...the thing is, most of them are boxsters and carreras...nothing too interesting... although I did see a Carrera GT a while back 8) ...

Hmmm, i've been doing a bit of research, and will be doing more this weekend, but I think i'm gonna go for health promotion rather than automotive stuff, purely cuz im aiming for PPC marketing, and there don't seem to be that many affiliate automotive products out there that are worth promoting... further, I'm a medic, so I should be able to use some of my knowledge for promoting health products (of which there are loooads)... what dy'all think?

Asanka.
davmontrose
Trust:
Hey Asanka, sounds good, I'm sure there is a lot of money to be made with those products, and if you know about the products and the industry all the much better I would figure. I know the health and wellness market is booming. I'm sure there would probably be many niche products and topics in that area as well. I know I was speaking with Holly Mann about a week or so back, and she was hanging around in a forum about Narcolepsy, is that's the proper spelling, anyways, little known fact, that she has a form of this herself.

She is an affiliate for some pharmacutical products apparently, she made 300 dollars just by hanging out in one of these forums, for an hour or two, with a link in her signature. Not a bad afternoon, just by hanging out and discussing the topic for a while , wouldn't you say. Can't say I ever made 300 bucks in an afternoon hanging out in a forum. lol

Anyways all the best and good luck, Davin
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I'm sure theres tons of money to be made in the health industry and if you already know a thing or two about it then you should be able to do well.

Keep us up to date and try and get a photo of that GT you saw lurking around!
www.SixDayWeekend.com

spirit23
Trust:
Yep, I think i'm gonna be sticking with the medical field, there are actually a lot of niches with healthy competitiion, esp. for adsense revenue...

Thanks for the support Davin and Sean! and Marks advice for watching the 2.x videos was really helpful...now I feel so much more confident in finding a profitable market... geez...that advice was already worth the monthly fee of $29USD...

I'm so happy to have found Affilorama, and you guys on the forum are also a great help :D

I have a feeling that I've finally found 'it'...

Here's a pic of that Porsche (Techart Turbo) I was talking about Sean...:

Go Here For a Sexier Bigger Pic:
(broken link removed)

When I get a pic of the cGT i'll post it ;)

Have a good weekend!!

BTW... Where on the 90 day map is everyone at?

Asanka.
Last edited by ampie g on 28 Jan 10 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: broken link removed

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Thats a nice looking Porsche, I'll be getting a black one though. :)

I know what you mean by finding "it", I felt it too shortly after joining.

Keep up the good work ;)
www.SixDayWeekend.com

PremiumMember
jing monet
Trust:
Hi Spirit23, Welcome!

I am from China and live in London too. Don't you love the weather today?

:P

spirit23
Trust:
Haha are you kidding me?

The weather here was horrible today :(

Hmm... Nearly done with Week 1 of the 90 day course :D :D

Which part of China are you from dude? I'm from Hong Kong, I'm going back there in a week- can't wait!!!