07 Jun 12
04 Jul 12 12:24 am
Checked it out. Ive not yet finished going through all the lessons but I think this is valid nonetheless
Please note I am only saying improvements - theres lots of good stuff I am not saying about :-)
the theme is nice - I like the affilo themes - hoping we can get more mods and control over how they look but they are still a nice, clean look. :-)
1. Have an optin email form top right in your sidebar
2. Have some social share stuff either in your sidebar or on the side like I have here : http://help-pay-bills.com
I used digg digg I think or slick social slider. A point to note though is that on a mobile these sidebar things come up right on top of all your content - if anyone reading this knows a way round this please let me know!! Other than just using another plug in - lol anyway - some social sharing stuff is essential - especially stumbleupon. I get more than half my traffic from them now. :-)
3. Sort out your header - lol i have had issues with their headers too - but make it go all the way across the page at least!!
4. I'd put a picture on the home page body area.
5. Use a recent posts widget and maybe a recent comments widget too depending on your taste
6. Id use more images on the posts - have the top with a big image - right now its not inviting (to me) - too much text altogether is a bit serious!
Good luck!! :-) Hope this helps! :-)
Best wishes, Clare :-)