Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

New Member, Constructive Criticism?

nmillsblog
Trust:

New Member, Constructive Criticism?

Hello everyone!
I have just finished working through all of the lessons here on affilorama. I was hoping that someone could check out my created site and have some feedback for me. The website is still in the works and I need to add more content.

Thanks in advance!

http://selfimprovement2day.com
clare2
Trust:
Hi,

Checked it out. Ive not yet finished going through all the lessons but I think this is valid nonetheless

Please note I am only saying improvements - theres lots of good stuff I am not saying about :-)

the theme is nice - I like the affilo themes - hoping we can get more mods and control over how they look but they are still a nice, clean look. :-)

1. Have an optin email form top right in your sidebar

2. Have some social share stuff either in your sidebar or on the side like I have here : http://help-pay-bills.com I used digg digg I think or slick social slider. A point to note though is that on a mobile these sidebar things come up right on top of all your content - if anyone reading this knows a way round this please let me know!! Other than just using another plug in - lol anyway - some social sharing stuff is essential - especially stumbleupon. I get more than half my traffic from them now. :-)

3. Sort out your header - lol i have had issues with their headers too - but make it go all the way across the page at least!!

4. I'd put a picture on the home page body area.

5. Use a recent posts widget and maybe a recent comments widget too depending on your taste

6. Id use more images on the posts - have the top with a big image - right now its not inviting (to me) - too much text altogether is a bit serious!

Good luck!! :-) Hope this helps! :-)

Best wishes, Clare :-)
nmillsblog
Trust:
Awsome! Thank's so much for the tips, and I will be implementing them when I get a chance.
PremiumMember
crozza
Trust:
Hello,

had a look at your site, not in too much detail but just to get an impression.

my first impression is that it is a bit bland, maybe as Clare says, put some more pics in the body, or perhaps you could highlight key facts. Design is not my strong point so I am no real guide there, but have a look at what others do.

My first site will be up in a month or so then you can "pull my site to bits too ... ".

Goodluck and I will keep an eye on what you do.

Crozza

This topic was started on Jul 03, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.