Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

New ebook needs reviews - Visual Marketing

PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:

New ebook needs reviews - Visual Marketing

I'm putting the finishing touches on my latest ebook, "Visual Marketing Online - How to increase sales with better Visual Communication".

It's about 65 pages now. It's missing some appendix stuff, but otherwise finished (I think).

I'd like a few information product experts to give me their opinions in exchange for a free copy.
No newbies please.

For example:
1. Do you think it has sufficient value?
2. What's your opinion of the quality?
3. What do you think the price for a PDF ebook version should be?
4. Is there a topic you'd be interested in, which is missing?
5. All opinions of any kind much appreciated!

PM me for a free copy. This is my copyrighted commercial product, so please don't share it with others.

Thanks All!
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi jimcoe,

Congratulations on the eBook! It sounds very interesting and something that can be helpful to marketers.

Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Jim, it definitely sounds like something a lot of people here will be interested in! I know I'm seeing a lot of sites in the review sections that quite often need some sound advice on the visual appeal for their site. Good luck with it!
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
Thanks Cecille!

I love to write, so this 2nd ebook has again been a lot of fun to create.

This time around I did my market research first. Trying to sell my previous "Art head Start" art training ebook into a market of "starving artists and art students" wasn't so smart. I really did the "Fill a Need and Find It" on that one. Happily, it was so well received that it's been profitable in spite of my learning curve.

@Grady - Thanks so much. I am hopeful that it will actually help online marketers.

In fact writing this post just gave me a great idea! I'm going to add a section with step-by-step instructions for the fast and easy photo enhancements that many photos (even the best stock photos, as below) need for full visual impact. I show 3 pairs of before and after photos in my new ebook - but I don't show the actual steps I used in Adobe Photoshop (will show in the free GIMP editor too) to do those quick and easy enhancements.

Here is one pair from the new ebook:
Before: 81.9KB file size (slow to load)

After: 39.5 KB file size (faster loading. Could have made it even smaller)
Used 3 simple enhancements, then JPEG file size compression.

I do believe that the positive (and negative!) impact of sales page visuals on your profit is under appreciated.

Of course there's a lot more to the ebook and to optimizing your pages visually than just enhancing your photos. In fact, I list over a dozen categories of visual elements that are common on sales pages - and each contains several items that could benefit from optimization, once you know how, why, when and where.

Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome for my "Visual Marketing Online - How to increase sales with better Visual Communication" ebook. Much appreciated.
PremiumMember
peter.h.coscolluela
Trust:
Hi Jim,

Looks like your ebook has so much potential to be a hit. Visuals are very important in website building and a many could benefit from the instructions you will be giving.

Congratulations in advance!
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
In fact writing this post just gave me a great idea! I'm going to add a section with step-by-step instructions for the fast and easy photo enhancements that many photos (even the best stock photos, as below) need for full visual impact. I show 3 pairs of before and after photos in my new ebook - but I don't show the actual steps I used in Adobe Photoshop (will show in the free GIMP editor too) to do those quick and easy enhancements.

This is a wonderful idea! Newbies often get intimidated with the thought of having to edit photos that they end up outsourcing it or just not editing the images at all which results to low-quality images on their sites. It would be great too if you could include some resources like where to get images and what software (free and otherwise) they could use.
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
@Peter: Thanks Peter. Yes I'm thinking it will be quite useful to marketers.

@Cecille: Yes, I think marketers (especially newbies) don't realize just how easy and routine most photo enhancement steps are. They are even simpler than a cooking recipe, very "1-2-3". Same steps over and over for 90% of your images. After a bit of practice I think most will be happily surprised at how quick, easy and visually effective 5 minutes of photo enhancement can be.

In a fully detailed description, the tasks for the photo enhancement above only came to 7 steps.

BTW, I recommend http://www.Dreamstime.com for stock photos. Their licensing prices have gone up, but they have a huge selection and very nice tools and images. Stock photos are not something I recommend doing "on the cheap". Professional looking images are going to cost a bit (like U$2 to U$6 each at Dreamstime for most, in smaller web page sizes).

I keep meaning to start selling there myself.

As far as image editing software, I'm recommending GIMP for free or Adobe Photoshop Elements for under U$100 (does 90% of what the full pro version of Photoshop does). I'm detailing how to do my quick image enhancements in both Photoshop and GIMP.

Of course image enhancement is just a small part of the ebook, even though it's getting some attention here.

Did you know that Adobe offers a free 30 day full-powered trial download of any of their products? A smart marketer could probably earn enough with Photoshop or Dreamweaver in 30 days to pay for the product.

If anyone here thinks of a topic or question about sales page visuals, I'd love to read and answer it - in case it's something I missed discussing in my new ebook.

Thanks All!
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Hey Jim, thanks for sharing your book, and letting me review it. This is really great. I am not even half way through it and already looking at how I need to redo things on my own sites to increase my conversions.

Its really awesome the way you did this book.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
Hey thanks James!

Very happy that it's proving useful. I do love to write, and I guess "Once a teacher - Always a teacher".

Objective opinions by experts like yourself are of great value to me.

Funny how book editing just goes on and on and on and... Already I see more stuff in my "Final Draft" that I need to improve. Guess that's just how it goes for "Final Drafts" - never final.

Any more experts here want a free review copy? I can do a few more.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
hey Jim, I fiddled with mine for months before I finally said, it isn't perfect but let it go and see how it works. It will never be perfect, and often I find that I am my own worst critic.

PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
Sure, no book we write will ever be perfect - you have to set limits on perfecting them. I like to set my limits high, so I can feel good about the quality. Have always been a bit of a perfectionist.

I also start a list of new topics for an eventual 2nd edition when writing a new book, because you can always find more to write about, instead of finally finishing your first edition.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
LOL, I understand. With my own ebook, I already have 2 additional chapters to write for the 2nd edition as well as several areas to rewrite, just based on feedback from people who have already read it and my own tinkering. I set really high standards for myself, and do everything I can to meet those standards, however, at some point you just have to get it out there.

I ihave a friend who says to stop fiddling with products and just F.I.D.I.L. your products:
Fudge (cleaned up for sensitive ears/eyes...)
It
Do
It
Live

PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
Good one James :o)

This topic was started on Apr 17, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.