Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Needing help and guidance with getting started

kashcheck
Trust:

Needing help and guidance with getting started

Hi guys! Thanks for being so heart warming..

Now, here comes the situation! Hehe.. :P

At this moment, I've map out my site map. But seems like there's quite alot of things to be done to do up the website. Not very sure if I'm on the right track. The videos and notes are a great deal of help. But on certain steps there are just not enough details for me to understand. Probably I'm just too concern over the little things. But I believe in getting the foundation right. So that's enough to cause me worries as this my first time in almost everything I'm trying to do here.

So I'm wondering if there's any helpful soul out there could supervise me as I go along with my own project from time to time. It sort of act like an assurance to me that I'm on the right track. More of like just monitor my progress as I build up my website. A mentor or personal adviser perhaps? :P But I really don't wish to waste my time and effort on building something and end up going on the wrong track. Hope that's not too much to ask for. :)

Because it came upon to me, if there's a small newbie problem I encounter here and there, and I have to post in the forum to get everybody's attention, it does seems abit silly to get everyone in to see the small or maybe silly questions I have. Or should I just continue posting my small little questions in the forum? Opinions anybody?

Thanks,
Theresa~
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
You may post whatever you need answered in the forum here. We are here to help.

Adrian,
alvin
Trust:
Theresa,

Like Adrian said, ask away! Perhaps you could list all your question in one post to make it easier for us to help you.

Also, don't get hung up about the little things. There's a lot of things to learn of which experience is the best teacher.

But you're starting on the right foot now with a sitemap. Many of us didn't even have one and just jumped in. Our 'sitemap' happened when we were building our website navigation :lol: (Or is it just me?)

We can ALL be your mentor/personal advisor. Just don't be afraid to ask!
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Yep, we're not just here for our good looks. Post up your progress and we'll let you know what we think.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

alvin
Trust:
sean06 wrote:Yep, we're not just here for our good looks.

Sorry, I don't get it. Who were you referring to again?
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Alvin wrote:
sean06 wrote:Yep, we're not just here for our good looks.

Sorry, I don't get it. Who were you referring to again?

LOL
superaff
Trust:
Another one ready to help!
Did you see the amazing case studies on my blog http://mynetmarketingland.com/blog1/
Affiloblueprint Bonus: http://www.mynetmarketingland.com/mark-ling/affiloblueprint.html

alvin
Trust:
Hey Supe,

Nice blog you have. How come the Archives and About is not working? (404)

@
kashcheck
Trust:
Gee..alright guys. I guess I'll just shoot whatever comes to my head. Ok..my first concern here is my site map. I'm kinda doing up another dog website providing various information and adding in some links to some related affiliate stuffs. Now here's my overview site map. I'm wondering is it too broad a topic or should I narrow down the scope?

Dog Breed (Information)
• Alphabetical (All)
• Group (All - for easy referrance)
- Herding
- Hound
- Non Sporting
- Sporting
- Terrier
- Toy
- Working
- Miniature
- Small
- Medium
- Big
- Rare

Dog Breeders (Articles + Links)

Dog Training (Article + Links)
• Behavioural (Articles + Links)
• Obedience (Articles + Links)
• House (Articles + Links)
• Agility (Articles + Links)
• Show (Articles + Links)

Dog Food (Links)
• Premium (Articles + Links)
• Natural (Articles + Links)
• Recipes (Articles + Links)

Dog Supplies
• Grooming (Articles + Links)
• Training (Articles + Links)

Dog Health (Information + Links)

Dog Rescue (Information)

Dog Names (Information)
• Female dog
• Male dog

Dog Pictures / Gallery (Submission)
• Dog Photos
• Dog Videos

Web Blog

Forum

It's seems like a pretty huge project for me to work on. But if it's good enough, I will go through the tough work. Anybody have any comments or suggestions?

And by the way, what are landing pages? Are they pages around my website? Or are they pages of the affiliated products?

Thanks,
Theresa~ :D
superaff
Trust:
Thanks Alvin.

I will fix that soon. I didn't get the time to update the pages after downloading the wordpress theme

I am working on my site, after Mark's suggestion... I'll get that fixed soon.

Alvin wrote:Hey Supe,

Nice blog you have. How come the Archives and About is not working? (404)

@
Did you see the amazing case studies on my blog http://mynetmarketingland.com/blog1/
Affiloblueprint Bonus: http://www.mynetmarketingland.com/mark-ling/affiloblueprint.html

superaff
Trust:
kashcheck, you have a nice program. I think that Mark will be a better help than me. He seems to know something about dogs...

What are landing pages: It is a page on witch your visitor will land when you send traffic to your site. I mean he will enter your site through this page. It can be:

# a squeeze page (you take the name and email of your visitors to send him messages with your autoresponder)
# a review page: you review a product or more, then you guide him to the site of your choice with your links.
# an article page: you write an aticle on the subject and then a link
# and so on.

You must direct the visitor with your landing page. HE should think that he is controlling, but in reality, you control his destination (click)

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
hey Theresa, I think it's looking great for SEO. If you optimise the home page for broad terms, the subpages for less competitive terms, then optimise the article pages for low volume searches, you're really going to kick some butt in the SEs.

If you want me to elaborate, just let me know.

Sean
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Your topics look great, I'd also suggest you add:

dog training schools/classes/trainers
-organize by country, city

Best regards,
Mark
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

kashcheck
Trust:
Thanks superaff for elaborating about the landing pages and the other pages. Now that I understand more technical terms. I'm feeling more professional. Hehe.. :P

Hmm..as for SEO, I'm still not very familiar with that topic. Got to do more read up and go through the lessons and trainings on SEO before I can start shooting questions. Seems a little complicating on the first glance. Looks like there's alot of information just on this topic itself. But first I guess I'll focus on building up the flesh of my site before I jump into adding the vitamins. Sean, don't worry, you'll be the first I turn to for help. :P

Hey, Mark, that's a brilliant one. In fact, I did toy on this idea too. But I have no idea on how to go about doing it so I thought just shelf it aside and look into it when the site is up and running. Looks like I may have to consult you when I'm working on this. I'm glad you brought this up. Thanks for suggesting. :)

Theresa~ :D