Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Need some suggestions for my blog content

dylanlim
Trust:

Need some suggestions for my blog content

Hi guys,

I have been wanting to set up my own blog to put together all my passion and interest. But at the same time i want to monetize it asap. Initially i just thought of setting up a site for affiliate marketing but at the same time i want to set up my own blog. Everything is ready except the content part which i have been trying to put together.

So my question is, based on your experience, do you think for a newbie like me, should i just set up an affiliate site (using wordpress) to promote the products with some relevant content in it or should i set up my own blog and promote the affiliate link in it? What do you guys think? Please give me your honest opinion cause i seems abit lost here. :(

btw, im using my name for my blog and im planning to build up my reputation and credential using it. It's just that i am not sure should i just do it now or wait till when i have some decent experience in affiliate marketing before i venture into it.

Thanks
Dylan
Last edited by michellerana on 22 Jan 10 12:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

I'm thinking of forming a group to keep us focus and be reminded of our goal so as to keep us moving.
Send me a message if you are interested or you can add me
@ facebook: www.facebook.com/dylanlzw
twitter: www.twitter.com/dylan_lim

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hi Dylan

One way to populate your blog with content is use http://amautomation.com. They offer a free service to automatically post content to niche specific blogs (usually self-hosted WordPress blogs). I've done this with some sites and they became quite good AdSense money-spinners.

Blogs are hard work and require ongoing care and attention. They can definitely pay off and bloggers like Jack Humphrey have made good money from them but in the first instance I encourage my students to build an affiliate site first, then they can branch out once they've got the hang of monetizing a site etc.
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

dylanlim
Trust:
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the advice! I will see to it immediately. :)
I'm thinking of forming a group to keep us focus and be reminded of our goal so as to keep us moving.
Send me a message if you are interested or you can add me
@ facebook: www.facebook.com/dylanlzw
twitter: www.twitter.com/dylan_lim

This topic was started on Jan 21, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.