Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Need some help on increasing sales

ellatep
Trust:

Need some help on increasing sales

Hi Can someone please point me the right direction. I was getting sales through my site about 4 months ago. However the past four months it has gone absolutely dry. I don't understand why as I have been doing more work to my site such as adding articles and adding a newsletter, writing more articles for article directories and creating more links. I know I need more traffic but I thought my sales would gradually go up or at least remain consistent, instead of coming to a complete standstill.I am at a loss as to why this happening, especially when I have improved the site. I actually got the sales before I added the newsletter and did the extra work with links etc. Any suggestions?
Cheers
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
would be hard to say without seeing your site and statistics. if you are adding new pages to your site, how well are you ranking? if you are just adding new content, without getting the old content up in search, are you really doing yourself any good? I would focus on driving traffic to the pages you already have at least up to 100 visitors per day.

also, try to get at least 50% of your pages on #1 for your search terms and at least 75% on page 1.

Those are some general things to focus on without seeing your site. If you want, you can PM me, and I will take a look to see how you can turn it around.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

ellatep
Trust:
Thanks James, I will try to get my visitors up to 100 per day. Its only about 25 per day at the moment! but its steadily going up month by month. I'm also wondering about someone else using an article of mine on several of their blogs without changing content. The person in question has kept my links and my url in the article but I'm wondering will I get penalized for duplicate content. If that's the case how does it work if lots of people are using your article for their sites or blogs?
Cheers
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Search engines have algorithms to determine which one is the original by looking at things like which version was published first and which has the most links pointing to it. They choose one version to list so those who copied your article will not be displayed in the search results.You could also read more about this topic here: Duplicate content due to scrapers
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

ellatep
Trust:
Thanks Michellerana!
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
it helps you, as long as they keep your links intact. that is one advantage to submitting your articles to article directories. if they are good enough, they will get republished. Also, some people will republish them in their newsletter serries. I do that from time to time myself if I find an article that I really like.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

This topic was started on Nov 26, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.