Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Need Advice. Still REALLY confused about...

thejapanguy
Trust:

Need Advice. Still REALLY confused about...

Last one, I promise. I'm just trying to get all of my questions out before going into work hermit mode. Here is my final concern for the day.

2. I've started earning a little income but none of it is coming from my Affilorama sites :(
I've made up my mind not to quit, so this is no way saying "I'm not making any money so I give up," but this is a little frustrating to me. I had my first $100 Adsense check (took me a long time to accumulate, though). Last month I had my first $35 Adsense month (yeah, not much, right?). But I had a glimmer of hope because is was the first time I saw a little adsense income coming in every single day from a site. I also had my first $50.00 Kindle month (had some other sales as well). I also made a few sales of another product I created. I know money is money, but almost none of it is coming from my Affilorama sites.

What really hurts the most is that these are things that I spent almost no time marketing, no time link-building for, and doing very little of what I was taught in the videos. I just don't get it. Now $85.00 in a month is nothing to puff my chest out about. That barely pays one bill for me.

There are days where I feel like all of my Affilorama work is in vain. I have days where I sit at my computer, sun up to sundown, and yet I don't have any sites pulling in $500 month. I AM SO ashamed to admit this, but do you know how many Clickbank sales I have ever made? In over 2 years of trying seriously? One, $35.00 sale about (I wish I was joking).

How are you successful students doing this? Again, I'm trying to make 2013 different and just need to find out what the hell I'm doing wrong. I've been patient for long enough. My goal now is results...period.

Donald Ash
"If you use every drop of potential inside of you, no less, you will accomplish the impossible and your dreams will become tangible."
-Donald Brandon Ash

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Hey Donald,

I know how frsutrating it can be to not see the sales you think you should be making. However, there are a lot of factors that could be working here.

With changes to SEO in the last 2 years, I don't hardly spend any time on it myself. Instead, I am working to do more networking with other site owners in my niches, which is where social media comes into play for me.

Keywords are also crucial to your article marketing efforts being successful

looking at your muscle building site, for example, I was able to pick out some of your keywords, and I don't see a lot of "buyer intent" in them. the more people are ready to buy or want an instant solution, the easier it will be to convert sales.

Break up your articles

I notice that you have lots of HUGE blocks of text. I generally recommend limiting your blocks to 3-5 lines before having a line break. This helps break up the text into more digestible content

Emotional Impact

finding the emotional buttons is essential to really driving up sales. most people will make buying decisions to fit EMOTIONAL needs rather than PHYSICAL needs. You have to identify those emotional needs, and connect with your readers through those. Then leverage that emotional connection to show them how the products you recommend will fulfill those needs.

reading your articles, you have some really good advice in them, but there is very little emotional connection within them. finding that emotional connection can't be found in PLR articles. you gotta get some personal experience to go there.

That doesn't mean you can't leverage PLR content though. I have taken PLR articles, rewritten them with my own personal experiences added in, and made a huge impact through leveraging the emotional connection I created. This is why I only choose niches that I have personal experience with, and it is the biggest factor in creating authority in people's minds.

leverage the emotional pain points in your calls to action and you will get a higher click through rate.

Limit the Distractions

Looking over your site, I see 2 opt ins, and 3 different adds, all on one page. the more choices you give people, the less likely they will be to make a decision. Limit the choices on each page to one or two.

I personally focus my AB sites more on list building than direct sales. I have very few direct ads on my sites, and instead I link to my squeeze page and have an opt in at the end of each article. When I do link to a product through an article, I usually do so by linking to a product review where I can presell people on the product, and offer a bonus. When I do bonus offers, I create some kind of scarcity (limited time, ,limited number of people getting the bonus, etc...) to drive a sense of urgency to buy now rather than later.

often, bonuses won't cause people to choose to buy, but creating the urgency will help them make up their minds faster.

I see bonuses being offered all the time in the IM niche, but I rarely see them being used in other niches, which will help you increase your sales chances. Always review the guidelines in the program you are promoting though. some don't allow bonus offers to drive sales.

Internal links

link internally on your site. crosslink related articles, and link to review pages rather than directly to products. this will help your overall SEO on your site, and it will keep people on your site longer. I have one site with an average of 10 page views per visit, and an average time on site of over 10 minutes, with people clicking links to various articles. this lowers the bounce rate, and improves the user experience on my site.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

thejapanguy
Trust:
Truly great advice...as always. Wow! You even broke it down piece by piece.

I really like your advice about writing that appeals to the emotional side of things. I remember hearing about that in the videos as well, but I guess I haven't been implementing it as well as I thought I was. Thanks for pointing that out.

I've never been a huge fan of PLR content. I've never used it because I felt I could connect with my visitors better if I was writing about something I had a personal, going a bit deeper (that's why I started weight training site).

I am going to take one of my sites, starting right now, and thoroughly go through each of these areas you mentioned. I feel like I've made a mess things and just really need to take a different look at what I'm doing with internet marketing. I know I'll have questions along the way, but I've gotta get out of this marketing rut that I'm in.

Ah, just thought of a question. James, when you make changes to a site, how long do you give it before deciding that the change was successful or unsuccessful? I know some people see changes instantly, but how long is too long to wait on results? (before tabling a solution and changing course)

Thanks for reaching out, James!
"If you use every drop of potential inside of you, no less, you will accomplish the impossible and your dreams will become tangible."
-Donald Brandon Ash

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
really, there are a lot of factors to look at with that. I look at visitors, and sometimes I will give a site longer if it has less traffic.

One thing to always keep in mind. we don't do seo for bragging rights. its all about numbers and visitors. I focus on other ways to get those numbers besides seo, especially with all the changes Google is making to the rules of the game lately.

if you don't already have the numbers going, it can take some time to build. However, I have seen almost instant results on the increase in engagement. look for small victories. if you have a page getting 0-10 visitors/day, and suddenly, it is getting 15-20, thats a huge increase percentage wise, although overall it isn't big numbers.

usually, I also look at where I am in the process. until I get a site to 500 visitors per day, my focus is purely on traffic. I don't worry about click throughs or conversions until then. By that point, you should be getting some sales, and if not, then you will have enough data to start really seeing what is and isn't working.

often, I see people give up because something didn't change enough, when they really didn't have enough data to know what was working and what wasn't.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

endy daniyanto
Trust:
Hi Donald,

If it's any help to you, I made my first sale (using an Afillorama style website) after 209 days and 551 hours spent working on it. Here is a post I made to share about the data, and the amount of time (in %) spent working on each step of AffiloBlueprint: http://www.affilorama.com/forum/affiliate-hangout/first-43-sale-after-209-days-and-551-hours-t16442.html

However, like you I have made more money on my non-Affilorama projects. If I were to start over, now I know where I can take "shortcuts" and improve the time it takes to reach that first sale on a website (hint: it would be to write a product review then build links to that review page to get it ranked).

To answer your question, I have made $93.07 total from Clickbank since the first time I entered internet marketing (in June 2012). Not that large either, but I see that the performance of my websites are increasing.

Keep learning, and in your case I would recommend keep diversifying. If you're making money using other methods, then maybe that's where your "luck" is. I would split up my time so I can work on the Affilorama projects but also the projects that are already making you money.

jmpruitt wrote:When I do link to a product through an article, I usually do so by linking to a product review where I can presell people on the product, and offer a bonus.

Hi James, thanks for that tip. I have been thinking about the value of that, whether to put an affiliate link to a free optin page in each article or to link to a product review page. Maybe I'll test it out on one site and see how it performs. If it converts better, then I will apply it to my overall tactic.

Cheers,
Endy
Songwriter. Affiliate marketer. Casual gamer.

This topic was started on Jan 02, 2013 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.