Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Need a Good Copywriter

smuigal
Trust:

Need a Good Copywriter

Hi Gang,

I am working for a Real Estate couple providing SEO. I have successfully gotten a really tough keyword, 3 of them to the first page. One of them gets 110k searches according to Googles KW Tool per month in US. So, with my help they are now getting a lot of traffic, but no one is picking up the phone and calling. I'm doing a great job here but my job is at risk if these people can't see it pay off in having people pick up the phone and call.

I actually "know" why they are not calling. One, they are too attached to their Flash intro on the main page. I can't convince them to change this so I'm working on the second solution. They need to have someone professional take a look at their articles/adcopy who can help them see how to motivate people to call. They actually have people sticking to read and wander through their site for an average of 8 minutes - so.... obviously they like the site, but they are not motivated to call.

I have actually given them some excellent adcopy suggestions in this area but they are SUPER SLOW-HEADED in taking my suggestions and applying them. I think if they hired someone and had to pay them "extra" to do this, then perhaps they would actually "LISTEN" and do what is required. They pay me to do SEO, a pretty nice chunk o change btw... but I'm no copy writer so I don't want them to hire one.

So, if anyone knows an excellent copy writer, please offer suggestions. The job would only be to help them write a few paragraphs that have a good call to action message - like CALL US NOW IF YOU WANT TO LIVE. You know.... something simple - ;)

Anyway, I know I can do some searching in Elance, which is where I'm going to look, but I wanted to know if any of you had ideas on someone you have already had experience with.

Thanks Everyone,
Smuigal
Need help? Looking for answers? I've coached 70+ students to 5 and 6 figure success. Private message me on FB for details on a one on one session for help knowing where to start your success or end your failure. https://www.facebook.com/netwoozy.gal

wollowra
Trust:
Hi,
This is just my opinion but your job is to do SEO.
If they don't want to listen to you then that is not your problem.
I mean this in a nice way.
The problem with flashy, pretty, poppy sites is that even though they look flashy, people tend to, 1. click off due to load times or 2. the search engines can not find them as there isn't much content on the flash page.

You said people are clicking through but how many? what's the %?

You hit the nail on the head with the adcopy as if you are getting alot of people clicking through but not calling then the adcopy is no good or their prices need reexamining, or even they need to look at the quality they are providing their customers for the price.

What you have been saying is good... if they choose not to listen then that is their problem and you at least know you have been doing a good SEO job for them.
Just tell them what you think and the rest is up to them.
When they see the light and come back to you and say that maybe you were right.. then they will be more willing.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can not make it drink.

Also, you may want to convey to them that every business owner cares for their business like a child.
They care for it, nurture it and can be proud of it. However, even though there is an emotional attachment involved they still need to do the right thing by their child (Business) and at the end of the day, it needs to grow and sometimes you need to make some hard decisions that although not popular, really is the best thing to move forward and grow.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

smuigal
Trust:
Excellent suggestions indeed... And yes, SEO is my job. Thanks for your thoughts here. Back to SEO I go. ;)
Need help? Looking for answers? I've coached 70+ students to 5 and 6 figure success. Private message me on FB for details on a one on one session for help knowing where to start your success or end your failure. https://www.facebook.com/netwoozy.gal

PremiumMember
mark77
Trust:
Hi Smuigal
I,m just curious - have you learned your SEO skills trough Affilorama??
Reason I ask is I REALLY want to learn all there is to learn about SEO - but I'm a newbie right now.
I need all the best advise on this one, and since you explained that you make a living from SEO - you must be the right one to ask :O)
All the best
Mark W.
smuigal
Trust:
Hi Mark,

That is a "loaded" question but I am going to do my best to answer it because I know how frustrating trying to make money online is.

First let me say that I am actually very experienced online and actually quite skilled at a lot of things that involve the Internet. My problem has been not really knowing how to put into use my skills and talents as I always seemed to fall short of my goal of making a living online. Now... I have not been earning enough to live on my income from the Internet, but enough to quit my part time job I had. My husbands income pays the majority of our bills. I'm nearing about $1,000 a month from the Internet. Not much, but it is a good start.

Now then... I tried MANY programs, but always got distracted by the constant influx of other programs being promoted. THIS IS THE PROBLEM and if you can STOP doing this, you will have a far greater chance of success.

Marks Program:

Okay, so then I found Mark Ling. Mark gives you a step by step guide to setting up a system that will earn you about $50.00 per week on average per affiliate site. Once you set it up and it is making money, you move on and rinse and repeat. My first site is actually earn about $350.00 to $400.00 a month. I then started 5 more blogs using the same technique but my first goal was SEO. I need to work on the actual sales letters or reviews to motivate people to buy.re

Okay, now to answer your question.

I have gone beyond Marks program in SEO. Why?

Because to do all the things you need to do regarding driving traffic to your site using SEO will take FAR TOO MUCH TIME to do alone. So, I am using automated tools, and "systems" that Mark does not teach. In addition to these things, there will be experience you will gain as you go progress. These things will teach you what you can and cannot do, what you want to do, and what you want to outsource.

I have tried a variety of tools and programs to automate or shorten my SEO. My goal is to get to the point where all I have to do is the research and some of the things that require my personal attention. This is pretty much where I'm at now.

I spent almost $500.00 last month buying tools and short cut "ideas" and "training" to learn how to do SEO faster, better, more effectively. But I didn't pay for a different "way" to make money online. This is the KEY. What you will learn with Mark's program is all you need to know to make money selling an affiliate program. What you can learn outside of this program is how to do your SEO faster and more powerfully.

I have personally trained (through use of private Youtube videos) people that work for $2.00/$3.00 per hour to do backlinking, bookmarking and linkwheel building for me. I also trained someone to set up blogs exactly the way I want them done and to write articles exactly the way I need them written and spun for some of the automated tools I use.

My monthly spending for the tools I use now is running me about $100.00 a month, but it took me a great deal of testing to find the right tools to do it.

Do NOT look for a different way to make money online. Find a really good niche. Pick "worthy" programs to promote and then work on your SEO. If you want to know more about what I'm personally using as far as tools, you can PM me.

Hope that helps. There are no shortcuts to making money online, but there are short cuts to the "time" you spend doing it.

Outsourcing and automated tools.

Smuigal

This topic was started on Dec 20, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.