Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Need A Boost!..I dont understand why Im not making any sales

sharpturn
Trust:

Need A Boost!..I dont understand why Im not making any sales

Hi fello Affilos,

This is my first post here and infact my first time in the forum. I hope I'm in the right category.

Anyway, I have been learning about Internet Marketing for about six months now. I started off not knowing anything about the subject or what was needed to be successful. I hadn't used the internet much either so it was all kind of new to me.

Like most peopIe I wanted to be my own boss and live the dream by learning how to earn money from home. I remember my first few weeks of learning and all the headaches I used to get because of the amount of information I had to take in. I remember giving my email address to anyone who offered a new way of making money online.

Of course these are typical newbie mistakes and I have learned a lot since then. So far I haven't invested a dime yet so everything I'm doing now is free. I've been writing webpages on Squidoo a lot and learning how to use Blogger, Weebly, Hubpages, Wordpress, etc...

Over the last six months I have advanced forward in these areas and I'm much better now at keyword research, promotion and article writing. What I don't understand is why I'm not making any sales.!!!

I work my ass off daily!
Most of my pages are in the first three pages of Google and many are even on the first page with that chosen keyword. So I think I'm doing my keyword research ok it just seems I'm going wrong elsewhere.

I don't have my own domain yet and I know how Important that is and I will get that sorted soon but I wanted to see if I can make some sales first.

Why does it seem like everyone is making sales but me? It's not like I'm not working hard for it!
All I want is that one sale to boost my morale and help me carry on. It's hard to keep working and working and have nothing to show for it. Am I too impatient? Or am I just a crap Internet Marketer?!

Is there anyone out there that feels the same?

Am I too slow after six months? I'm really not making a dime after all that time!!!

Thanks for reading,

Andy
Last edited by michellerana on 29 Oct 09 12:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: changed title to describe the post better

jpastorizo
Trust:
Andy,

Welcome to Affilorama!

First off Id like to say that you are fortunate to have found Affilorama having only started online in the last 6 months. There are a lot of free and very powerful information here, so I would suggest you start learning here. A lot of members here have never made any sales until they learned stuff from here and applied them.

The AffiloBlueprint2.0 course is there when you are ready mentally to learn again and invest a couple of hundred dollars. I am telling you right now the AB2.0 course is one of the best if not the best affiliate marketing course out on the net today. The course could be sold for way way higher than it's price. Im sure a lot of my brothers (and sisters) here who have AB2.0 can tell you that.

I would suggest you start learning how to build your own website and then when you are ready, go get yourself a hosting account and then build your site. Create "your" own virtual asset and not someone else's!!! Dont depend on 3rd party sites as they can just close your account for whatever reason and you cant do anything about it cause you agreed on the Terms of Service/Use when you created your free account. Joining for Free means that the site owner can also "Freely" close your account.

Been online for 6 months and you're complaining cause you still have no sales? A lot of people takes years to learn these stuff! Even the super affiliates didn't get to where they are in a year, let alone 6 months. It takes time to learn affiliate marketing. And by that I meant learning it the "right" way. You may have been learning and working your ass off but if you learned the wrong stuff then you have just been doing the wrong things these past 6 months! Being #1 on Google doesn't mean you are assured to make sales. It just means you will get traffic. Conversion is not the same as optimizing your site to rank.

I spent 5 years in college learning Mechanical Engineering and then another 6 months to get ready for the Licensure Exam. Had I known back in 1994 that I would come across affiliate marketing and would love every minute of it then I would not have entered college and instead just started learning how to make money online. You think you've been around long enough and have done enough? 6 months is NOTHING! There are no shortcuts to a place worth going.

So, you really want to make sales? Start here in Affilorama and learn the right way. You will make your 1st sale in no time.

Regards,
Renato
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

sharpturn
Trust:
Renato,

Thanks for the reply. I hear what your saying, and I totally agree. I guess I'm just looking for that first one sale to make me realise that I'm on the right track with this.

Andy
Last edited by michellerana on 27 Oct 09 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
You need to have keywords that convert to sales. Target keywords that people use when they need an immediate solution. Your keywords should be words that people type in when they are "willing to buy" the products and not "just looking" for free information.
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
Andy,

I know what you're going through. It can be really tough on you emotionally in the beginning. I made my first sale from free SEO traffic about a month ago, and things have been quiet since then. Everything has just sort of stood still. My rankings are more or less the same even though I keep submitting articles to directories and all those other backlink strategies. I get frustrated at it all sometimes. But this takes time and you need to stick with it.

Also, I agree with what Renato said. If you can afford it, I strongly recommend the Affiloblueprint course. It really is top notch. Mark lays everything out so you won't find yourself confused or wondering what to do next.

-Clayton
Last edited by michellerana on 28 Oct 09 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/

PremiumMember
pfojas
Trust:
Hi Andy!

You are not alone. The important thing is that you focus on what you have to do to make a sale and simply follow Mark's Affiloblueprint course.

It is natural to feel disappointed about the initial results especially if you have worked so hard to make a sale. However, you can turn this experience into something better by looking at it positively.

Challenge yourself and take it one step at a time and you will reach your goal. This is a learning process and only experience will help teach you to become a better affiliate marketer.

Remember that everyone here started with nothing, even Mark himself. Nobody gets it absolutely right the first time and making mistakes along the way is necessary to improve your know-how.

Lastly, what matters is that you're practicing the essential values (like perseverance and integrity) in any type of endeavor. What we do for a living may not necessarily reflect who we are as people, but the values we act upon during work defines our personality.

All the best,

Pauline
sharpturn
Trust:
Thank you everyone,

It's good to know I'm not the only one out here pulling what's left of my hair out!!

Michellerana, I agree with what you have written and I feel as though I am doing just that. I have chosen "buyers keywords" and use them in the URL etc. The buyers keywords I choose are the actual name of the product. I read somewhere that this is the best way of catching a consumer in the last stages.....when they are actually ready to buy.

Isn't that right?

Andy
sharpturn
Trust:
As for the AffilioBlueprint course.................I can't afford that right now so I'm jumping around trying to learn what I can for free on forums and other areas.

Maybe I'm doing it all wrong...........Dang!!!!!!
alanben
Trust:
HI Andy I know how you must feel and most things on this post have been said but I would like to get my three eggs in. I have been a member since April 2009. Okay I have only made six sales however I have built 8 web sites all with a mimium of 15 articles on each and this is organic traffic only not touched PPC yet thanks to the affilorama course.

My point is you say you can't afford Affiloblueprint. I will tell you if you are serious with regard to affiliate marketing you cannot afford not to. This is the best value on the Internet and the support is out of this world.

Good luck with your free stuff. You are going to need it
Alan Benney
Last edited by michellerana on 28 Oct 09 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If you are looking to get your own products
www.alanbenney-workfromhome.co.uk

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
It would be better if you will build your own site. But just in case you want your current sites reviewed, please post your request at the Website Building section of this forum where a staff or a senior member will be able to help you out :)
Michelle
Customer Support

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

alanben
Trust:
Michellerana
I am not sure who you are sending this message to??
Alan
Last edited by michellerana on 04 Nov 09 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
My previous message was for Andy.
Sorry for the confusion, Alan!

I have chosen "buyers keywords" and use them in the URL etc. The buyers keywords I choose are the actual name of the product. I read somewhere that this is the best way of catching a consumer in the last stages.....when they are actually ready to buy.

Isn't that right?

Customers with the intention of buying your product usually type in words like: stop, treat, buy, cure, remove, solution, fix, best, do-it-yourself, quick, help, etc.

Product name or the author name keywords convert 10 times better than regular keywords. Those who type in these words in search engines are usually really interested in buying the product.
Michelle
Customer Support

alanben
Trust:
no worries have a good day

sharpturn
Trust:
Thanks Michellerana....my lenses have titles and URLs of the product name.

I'm gonna try and take a look at the Website Building Section as you suggested.

Andy
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Take pride in the small victories you have. focus on all you have accomplished and things that you can control. You cannot control sales, so dont wory about it. build your links, keep driving traffic.
Definitely check your keywords. You can rank for high traffic keywords that do not convert to sales. Make sure the keywords are targeted to problems but still get enough search volume to be worthwhile.
Keep up the good work and you will see sales soon.also check out this blog post I recently made, perhaps it will help
http://www.imrelations.com/324/how-to-m ... -business/
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

This topic was started on Oct 27, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.