Affilorama Birthday
Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Name for my Blog, and more!

swarlley
Trust:

Name for my Blog, and more!

Guess who is jumping on the internet marketing blog bandwagon?
THIS GUY!
Yep, I feel that it is time to build that personal blog about something that I am passionate about. A few years have gone by since the start of my education here at Affilorama. So far, most of the sites I have made were just to earn an income online. Now its time for something that's personal!

My idea is to offer tips, advice, strategies and such about making money online that I have actually done and makes money for me. I have learned a lot since I began and want to share this with people who are just starting out or want to keep their education going.

Besides just the free teaching, I am going to offer website building or improvements to local businesses who want to increase their online presence.

Also, later I may add my own training course showing my method of doing things. This will probably be a local coaching or live training once I get to that point.

My question is: Do you think it is wise to use my name in the domain name (such as Millerwebsiteservices.com or something) or using one without my name included?

Also, what is a fair price for building a website and doing the SEO work for a small business? I know there are a lot of variables here but I am thinking just a basic good looking site with a couple extras depending on what the business owner would like.

Thanks for everything guys,
Chris
toprecruit
Trust:
Hi Chris,

In my opinion, including your name in the domain name is a good way to to build up a reputation. Take a look at http://www.mattsmarketingblog.com as an example. Although it is a very long URL, I can easily remember it because I know the owner is Matt Carter who is someone I trust in IM.

For the design and programming I think about 600-800USD is a fair price.

You may want to contact the owner of this website: http://www.chantikmedia.com

I have used his service for a lot of things, like header/banner creation and he always overdelivered. I have also seen a few of the websites he designed and they look really great. There are 2 demo sites on his website where you can have a look at his work. He offers to build websites for about 400 AUD if I remember it right.

And for a small business I think 500-900 USD/month for SEO is reasonable :) I know that most people cant afford to pay so much money but it is definately worth it.

Have a great weekend.

Sebastian
Liked my answer? Dont forget to vote thumbs up ;)

swarlley
Trust:
Thanks Sebastian,
Those rates sound good and pretty fair to me. I'll probably start out using those prices and probably offer a month of SEO with every new website.

Take care,
Chris

This topic was started on Jul 12, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.