Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

My Thoughts On IM Gurus After 8 Years In IM

amurowes
Trust:

My Thoughts On IM Gurus After 8 Years In IM

When I first got to do internet marketing, I got to know guys like Ewen Chia, Eben Pagan, Mike Filsaime, Stephen Pierce, Anik Singal etc.

They are the guys who went on stage, sharing with people their failure and success stories before offering them their coaching programs.

They are what I defined as product creation and aftraction marketing gurus.

That was in 2008-10.

From 2011 onwards, I got to know another group of marketers. They are Matt Carter, Adam Short, Andrew Hansen, Aidan Booth, Brian G. Johnsen etc.

These are what I defined as underground super affiliates.

They are not the types who frequently like to go on stage, proclaiming how good they are before offering their programs.

They go on stage and become gurus only after they are being invited to by close friends - some of whom they helped to really make a difference in their lives and most importantly -

AFTER they become successful.

In other words, these guys really prospered what they teach. That is affiliate marketing.

They don't do much product creation or blasting promo emails after emails to their list until their list gets burnt out.

I also admire guys like Edmund Loh and Dylan Loh, They are humble and who go all out to serve what their subscribers and customers need and want.

And because of that if I am to clear my guru folders from my email inbox or start a new email inbox, these are the guys I will most likely stick with and subscribe again.

Same goes for Mark Ling though he tends to hang out with both groups.

No offence to some of you guys who might disagree. But that is how i feel after actually invested in their courses and do what they say.

And most importantly based on my results.

However I am still open to attending webinars, seminar previews or other live networking events.

The only difference is I don't make hasty decisions for the sake of making.
Checking out my Affiliate Compass course whereby I will reveal everything I know about affiliate marketing

http://affiliatecompass.net

lzet14
Trust:
Thanks for sharing your learnings....i appreciate it being a newbie who is eager to earn and learn this IM.Godbless you
PremiumMember
kwesikilson
Trust:
amurowes1 wrote:When I first got to do internet marketing, I got to know guys like Ewen Chia, Eben Pagan, Mike Filsaime, Stephen Pierce, Anik Singal etc.

They are the guys who went on stage, sharing with people their failure and success stories before offering them their coaching programs.

They are what I defined as product creation and aftraction marketing gurus.

That was in 2008-10.

From 2011 onwards, I got to know another group of marketers. They are Matt Carter, Adam Short, Andrew Hansen, Aidan Booth, Brian G. Johnsen etc.

These are what I defined as underground super affiliates.

They are not the types who frequently like to go on stage, proclaiming how good they are before offering their programs.

They go on stage and become gurus only after they are being invited to by close friends - some of whom they helped to really make a difference in their lives and most importantly -

AFTER they become successful.

In other words, these guys really prospered what they teach. That is affiliate marketing.

They don't do much product creation or blasting promo emails after emails to their list until their list gets burnt out.

I also admire guys like Edmund Loh and Dylan Loh, They are humble and who go all out to serve what their subscribers and customers need and want.

And because of that if I am to clear my guru folders from my email inbox or start a new email inbox, these are the guys I will most likely stick with and subscribe again.

Same goes for Mark Ling though he tends to hang out with both groups.

No offence to some of you guys who might disagree. But that is how i feel after actually invested in their courses and do what they say.

And most importantly based on my results.

However I am still open to attending webinars, seminar previews or other live networking events.

The only difference is I don't make hasty decisions for the sake of making.

So, if you have been in the game for 8-years, what would you suggest a newbie like me do to get started in affiliate marketing as quickly as possible?
amurowes
Trust:
Amazon and Clickbank

Posting ads in classified sites like Adpost, Adlandpro, Backpage, Craiglist and Gumtree.

You might find it hard to believe. But this is how I made my first $ before I even know how to build websites and do list building / email marketing in 2008-9.

Once I made my first $100-200 which is my main aim, I reinvested into web hosting, domain name and autoresponder.

As well as paid traffic like Google Adwords and Facebook.

Though many gurus say paid traffic is the best and fastest way to get traffic and sales, it can be a daunting challenge for someone who is low on budget and needs $ for food, groceries and bills.

Not to mention supporting family as well.

Still I am quite surprised that classified advertising is not mentioned in both Affilorama and AffiloBlueprint.
Checking out my Affiliate Compass course whereby I will reveal everything I know about affiliate marketing

http://affiliatecompass.net

hcfgrizzly
Trust:
amurowes1 wrote:Amazon and Clickbank

Posting ads in classified sites like Adpost, Adlandpro, Backpage, Craiglist and Gumtree.

You might find it hard to believe. But this is how I made my first $ before I even know how to build websites and do list building / email marketing in 2008-9.

Once I made my first $100-200 which is my main aim, I reinvested into web hosting, domain name and autoresponder.

As well as paid traffic like Google Adwords and Facebook.

Though many gurus say paid traffic is the best and fastest way to get traffic and sales, it can be a daunting challenge for someone who is low on budget and needs $ for food, groceries and bills.

Not to mention supporting family as well.

Still I am quite surprised that classified advertising is not mentioned in both Affilorama and AffiloBlueprint.

What about CPA? I think this is more easy to do for a newbie.
I mean, isn`t it easier to convince a person to complete a form than to convince him to buy something?
And Amazon...those low commission rates and just 24hrs cookie don`t seem that appealing.
Having bought AffiloBlueprint, would you say that this course if enough for a complete newbie to start making money in the IM world?
Affiliate Manager to The HCF Affiliate Program (30-50% RevShare - Special Niche Market)
== > http://affiliates.hcfaminoscience.com/

affilimate
Trust:
Greetings from Yokohama.

I just checked affiliatecompass.net. No display. I like Andrew Hansen too & Matt Carter.
Hansen is a master but over priced.
"Meine Zeit wird noch kommen!" (My time is yet to come), Gustav Mahler

This topic was started on Mar 16, 2016 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.