Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

My Surpising Results Getting a Fast PR2

smuigal
Trust:

My Surpising Results Getting a Fast PR2

Hey Everyone,

Let me first give you the short story here.

In 2000 I purchased Netwoozy.com. I worked on it for two years, sold it for $1500.00 (got really sick so had to sell it) Then purchased it back in 2008 for $20.00 (whahoo) or somewhere in there. So, this site is aged, just want to be clear on that since I do believe this most likely was why my PR went up to 2 so fast.

Okay so... I've been working harder on Netwoozy.com this year, but in the past 2 weeks, I boosted my efforts. I've posted everyday now for about a week and I think a few days 2 times. I've Tweeted, Liked, and FB'd my posts.

About a week or so ago I noticed a few exciting things started to happen. Everyday I'm getting new user sign ups. Today 4 so far. Before I was getting a few a week.

I've also gotten a few nice comments recently, and a few ReTweets on some of my articles.

Just two days ago I checked my PR and it was at a zero. Today I just checked and it's now at a PR2. :))

I'm going to start guest posting, but for now it's taking all of my time just to research and post high quality content on my site. I do have a "draft" YO post waiting for me to post it, but I'm holding back on it until I decide what anchor texts I want to put in there.

I read that posting everyday, sometimes two times a day helps boost your rankings, but I had no idea how fast it would happen.

For those of you who would like to be a guest poster on my blog, please PM me. Also, I have comment luv so any comments you make you'll get a nice backlinks to your last post on your own blog.

What has been your experience with Google PR lately?

I have to say the time I've spent is paying off.

:)
Chrisi
Need help? Looking for answers? I've coached 70+ students to 5 and 6 figure success. Private message me on FB for details on a one on one session for help knowing where to start your success or end your failure. https://www.facebook.com/netwoozy.gal

PremiumMember
newstart
Trust:
Thank you for this post. I have several websites some showing on page one however I have not had them receive a page ranking. I will have to try your technique out testing how well it will work on my sites. I have several sites that are aged with content PR 0 to test your idea.

With multiple websites the management labor becomes excessive. However if it will produce those type of results an extra hour or so is well worth the price.

Margene Smith
smuigal
Trust:
Hi Margene,

If you can't outsource your work, you might want to focus hard more on one site, then once that site's PR has gone up, you can focus hard on another site.

Another thing I am doing is working on boosting the linkjuice where my articles are posted. I use AMA and those articles are posted on WP blogs so I get trackbacks that allow me to find where those articles have been posted.

I'll spend about 15 to 20 minutes going to those blogs and posting a quick comment. The link I post within the comment is not a link directly back to my site though. Instead I use it as an opportunity to increase linkjuice to one of my Youtube videos or another site where another one of my articles have been posted.

I'll also click the TweetMeme button, FB Like, and so forth.

This is just something I've just started. My goal here is to figure out exactly how I want this done, then I'll be passing this chore onto my VA. He's pestering me on giving him more work lately, so it will make him a happy camper to get more work..

I'm going to do a video on this process soon. It's not a "tested" method, but I do believe it's a good one. I'm more focused on a natural path to SEO, rather than using software atm. I still have SENUKEX, but I'm taking another route for my Netwoozy site.

Let us know how things go Margene. :)

:)
Chrisi
Need help? Looking for answers? I've coached 70+ students to 5 and 6 figure success. Private message me on FB for details on a one on one session for help knowing where to start your success or end your failure. https://www.facebook.com/netwoozy.gal

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Chrisi,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Adding quality content on a site on a regular basis really helps boost your page rank. Add to that the fact that you are very aggressive in promoting your site in various social networks. I think that last part did the trick. You got everyone to notice your site and visit it. They like what they read and saw and now are promoting it too.

Keep us posted. All the best to you and your site! :)
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

smuigal
Trust:
Hi Cecille,

Today I thought I'd check in on my stats. I noticed that I'm getting just a little more direct traffic than the traffic that I'm getting from Google. I think that's really a good thing as we should not have to rely on Google for all of our traffic and I believe that Google likes to see that your site is getting traffic through social media and other mediums.

I think my next quest is to really understand how to utilize Google Analytics because the reality is, I'm using it like a total newbie. I'm sure there are ways to use this tool in a far better way.

I think that's a good idea for another thread. I'll go start that one now. :)

Chrisi

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
HI Chrisi,

I think that's the key there: drive traffic to your site and worry about page rank later. Most people are more concerned with ranking for their keywords than driving traffic to the site. Rank has to do with traffic, yes, but I think it pays more to work at driving traffic to your site. The thing is, if you have plenty of traffic going to your site, your rank increases too. Google sees the relevance of your site to users and gets you higher up the SERPs.

Will watch out for the new thread! :)

Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

smuigal
Trust:
Yah, it's sooo true. I have to say that I'm very happy not to focus on Google so much, but more on my blog and the content. It's more fun too.

;)

juderm
Trust:
I have a new mini site which is just about a month and a half old. I only have one page article, adsense and an exact match keyword domain. I did not really do a rigid backlinking and posting yet but just a normal slow pace natural backlinks. I only have about an average of 3 to 5 visits a day but most of my traffic came from search engine results which is about 55%. I was suprised to know that after a month in went to be in the 2nd page of Google and after about 2 weeks later it became a PR-1. I was totally suprised and I felt good about it. I guess I have to start putting more articles and work more on backlinks and traffic.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Thats true Judd. often, Google will rank new pages highly to see how people react to it. Google knows that people won't see pages that are far back in the listings, so they will move them up and down for several months. We call this the Google Dance. Usuallly after about 6-8 months this will even out and your rankings will be more stable.

Keep adding fresh content and building backlinks to stabilize your search rankings and gain more trust.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
I'm glad to hear your new site is doing well Jude!

Take note of James' response though because this is most probably just Google Dance. Your site's ranking will fluctuate in the next few months so take advantage of that time and get more backlinks and content on your site. You might want to go over Jason's recent blogpost on backlinking strategies for this year. It gives great tips on how to build backlinks to your site.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

juderm
Trust:
Thank you very much for all your great comments! I will definitely do your advise. By the way I am just a newbie and I have been using Wordpress to my affiliate sites. I am just curious and want to know...what is the best FREE WORDPRESS THEME for affiliate sites? Thanks!

Jude
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Jude,

We recommend Affilotheme but there are other themes out there that you can also use. You can refer to the threads below:

Best Wordpress Themes for Affiliate Marketing
Best Wordpress Themes for Affiliate Sites

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
JUDERM wrote:Thank you very much for all your great comments! I will definitely do your advise. By the way I am just a newbie and I have been using Wordpress to my affiliate sites. I am just curious and want to know...what is the best FREE WORDPRESS THEME for affiliate sites? Thanks!

Jude

Your question has been answered on this thread: What Is The Best Free Wordpress Theme To Use?

Please avoid making duplicate posts. Thanks! :)
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

juderm
Trust:
Thanks michellerana for letting me know. Great information to know. Just what I really needed to read. Thanks again!

This topic was started on Oct 30, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.