Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

My site dropped out of Google

liveinasiablog
Trust:

My site dropped out of Google

Hey everyone,
I have been promoting my site for about 3 months. I have worked it up the rankings slowly but surely, primarily using article marketing. Of 20 keyword phrases, I had several in the top ten, most in the 11 to 30 range, and the others a bit further down the rankings.

I made no changes in my marketing activities. I use AMR, but I don't go crazy with it. I build about 20 links per day to each page.

Anyway, last week, all at once, ALL of my pages dropped out of the top Google 100! ...and of course my traffic died!

Anybody have any guesses as to why this happened? ...and how to get my rankings back (I'm going ahead with my article marketing plan).

Thanks,

Ryan
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
still in the google dance. I find that happens with most of my sites until they are 6 months to a year old. time, patience and consistent link building will solve it.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Ryan,

I'm sorry to hear this, but this does happen quite often for new websites (less than 6 months). This phenomena of new websites ranking and then suddenly disappearing from search result pages is usually referred to as the Google Dance. Keep working on your SEO and I am sure your website will be back up and in better ranking.
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

liveinasiablog
Trust:
Hi,
Thanks for the replies. ...good to hear that this is normal. I new about the Google dance, but I didn't know it was so severe (I thought the rankings would bounce up and down 20 or 30 places--not every keyword drop out of the top 100 altogether).

Ryan
rankwarrior
Trust:
If you search for your site ie enter the full domain in google, and it appears then its a good sign your site hasn't been blacklisted, but sandboxed.

What you need to do if this is the case, is consistently add new content, as well as get backlinks and your site will soon re-appear.
PremiumMember
thebigventure
Trust:
Hey Ryan, funny thing is I had the same thing happen to some of my sites pretty much around the same time. And I'm also using AMR with a few other stuff to build links.
Everyone has been telling me that it's the Google Dance, because my sites are about 3 months old too. And I've done a lot of research too, and it sounds about right. I think the new Google updates may not have helped? I'm not sure... Because I know that a few others suffered ranking drops with the new Google updates that have been happening progressively.
But definitely as others have been saying and I've been doing, just continue with the plan mate, and show Google that it's natural link building and keep going. Within 3 months MAX, the rankings should jump back up man...
All the best,
Ashton
http://www.TheBigVenture.com - Started 6 years ago...finally making $15,000+ per month now!

This topic was started on Apr 30, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.