Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

My First Amazon Site Sales Woot :)

smuigal
Trust:

My First Amazon Site Sales Woot :)

Hi Everyone,

About a month ago I decided to work on Amazon sites. I selected a product with different models selling between $100.00 and $300.00. Then I used used my web2.0 program to start backlinking to it. I only created one article, spun it well, and began backlinking. I think I have at least 50 web2.0 backlinks created so far.

I've checked the rankings and for the models I selected I am ranking between 3 and 5. There are a lot of wikipedia links taking up the first couple links and a few amazon, but since my site has the "review" keyword attached to it I think that's where the traffic is coming from. I should be tracking through Google's analytics but I sort of set this site up and did the backlinks and forgot about it.

This month of April I earned $23.59 on three sales. One of the models that sold was $279.00. :)
So, I'm going to add some more models on this site. There are only three on there so far. This has lead to a few more amazon sales in the office supply department which is a bonus.

I'd like to get this site up to $100.00 a month. Perhaps a goal of 10 sites earning $100.00 a month is a nice goal over the next 6 months.

There are so many ways to make money online that it can be so confusing and frustrating as well. The important thing is to stick to one thing before moving on to the next - THIS IS WHAT I TELL MYSELF ALL THE TIME!

My only fear is that Amazon won't allow affiliates in CA. at some point due to that TAX thing. Well, I guess if that happens I can sell the site.

For those of you who may want to set up an amazon site, here's the steps I took to do this one:

1. Selected a product that had many different models with some over $100.00.
2. I looked for a product that had great reviews. Most of these models had 4 to 5 star reviews. And most of them had well over 50 reviews. I have read that products with over 5 to 10 reviews is good.
3. For my content I just gave the visitor a breakdown of what the particular model had to offer. When I did this I first read through many of the reviews to see what the customers liked and disliked the most. Then I catered my product description so that it brought out the positive points.
4. I included quotes of the reviews from the customers and added in the negative points in a way that was more helpful than harmful.

For example: Some customers reported it was best to buy this model if children were about as the safty feature was a bit of a pain to deal with, but a real blessing if children were in the home.

I'm certainly no expert in selling Amazon items. I have several other websites that have sold some items, but those are Adsense sites and the Amazon sales were a bonus. The site I made these three sales this month for was purpousy set up for a specific Amazon product.

Well, that's my story. I'm encouraged and will be working on building the sales for this site and then create another one next month.

Yippee,
Chrisi
Need help? Looking for answers? I've coached 70+ students to 5 and 6 figure success. Private message me on FB for details on a one on one session for help knowing where to start your success or end your failure. https://www.facebook.com/netwoozy.gal

gregc2001
Trust:
Congratulations On Your First Amazon Site Sales
fastnobull
Trust:
Congrats smuigal! God, I was actually pretty close before (well I wouldn't know if it would have paid off actually) but I chose to give up and move to a different venture because of legal complications with my domain name and Amazon.
PremiumMember
sirmatts
Trust:
Great stuff. One tip if you are planning on to be a Amazon big shot aff is to think about if you want to promote some very low priced items as well. The thing is your commission % is reset to 4% to the beginning of each month. and after a couple of sales your % is bumped back up... So it makes sense to try to sell some very low priced items aswell maybe golf balls, printer paper or something that people buy a bunch of, because the % is bumped up per sales count. So you can quickly bump up your commission % each month :)
Best thing ever since sliced bread! Seriously this spinner is 20 Years ahead of TheBestSpinner. Get a Massive 70% Launch Discount ->http://www.inwrk.info/realbestspinner

smuigal
Trust:
Thanks SirMatts, I did read that. Was that a post by you? I was trying to remember where I read that post. There are some small products associated with this line of products I selected so I'm going to add those in. They are low cost as you suggest.

:)
Chrisi
Need help? Looking for answers? I've coached 70+ students to 5 and 6 figure success. Private message me on FB for details on a one on one session for help knowing where to start your success or end your failure. https://www.facebook.com/netwoozy.gal

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I also find that when I promote low ticket items, I often get more than one product bought at a time. I had one the other day that the initial product was a $10 book, but they wound up buying over $200 worth of stuff at the same time.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

onemilliondollarincome
Trust:
Congratulations! One small step for amazon.com, one big step for you!
Looking for a copywriter for you sales letter, radio ad or simple blog post?

Look no further! You've just stumbled across me, a veteran in copywriting and ex-employee of one of Belgium's finest advertising agencies. My rates are very low at this moment because I'm new here ($5/hour) but they will rise fast as I gain reputation... use me while I'm still cheap! Throw me a personal message and I'll get back to you the same day.

etfimt
Trust:
I am very excited to get my first site with amazon.com however i found little uneasy article today and wonder if maybe someone had this kind of a problem with amazon.com
So here it is :

A LITTLE BIT OF KNOWLEDGE HOW AFFILIATE PROGRAMS SHOULD WORK

Main principle of affiliate programs to be successful is tracking code of your affiliate program. When your reader clicks on Amazon.com links on your Landing page (or any other website you have, there is no difference) , your tracking code should stay registered on his/her computer with the help of cookies.

Cookies are little files which store information about

website your readers visit ,
your precious affiliate code and
about products they were interested in.

The beauty of cookies is that they are able to store such info for any period between 1 day or 1 year, depending on time they are programmed... Companies who give you affiliate code, usually let you know for how long they programmed their cookies, what is important because if visitor decides to buy the product later on, without visiting your Hub or website any more, cookies still store your affiliate/referral code, so this should assure that you get your commission.

But reality is not so promising, as it seems to be....cookies are naughty and wicked little creatures which obviously have ability to disappear when WE NEED THEM THE MOST
WHERE AND WHEN COOKIES DISAPPEAR

1. Today 95% of Internet users set up security levels on their computers very high, so cookies just do not stay cached on their PCs.
Clicks of their visit do stay tracked, but with very high security level on your reader´s PC , your tracking code and your sales just do not get registered . You actually do earn nothing, whenever somebody has too high security level set up, what happens in 95% of cases. Companies, like Amazon.com who provided you with tracking code are very well informed about that fact.

2. Even if people use moderate security level, majority of them regularly clean their computers from viruses and cookies, so if they did not buy product you referred them immediately (you allegedly should not be worried about it, because cookies should stay in their computer), when they clean PC, they clean your tracking code as well, so when they next time visit f.E. Amazon.com, without using your link and buy product you referred to them, your cookies do not exist any more, so your all effort was for nothing. So cookies are in the most cases just beautiful story which does not work in reality.

3. Duration of cookies on Amazon.com is 24 hours only. Even if everything works fine, there is not a lot chances for bigger earnings.
BUT, BUT...I STILL EARN SOME MONEY

Some of you will say: But, I still do earn some money, some sales are recorded.

That is true. We do earn money whenever somebody does not set up security level too high for our sales to be recorded. When is level of security moderate, our tracking code does its job. If it is very high, forget about your money. Unfortunately for us, 95% of people are wise enough to protect themselves from PC viruses, at the same time they protect us from earning our money.

In this case I believe that the owners of HubPages also can forget about their part of money, so trick is much more dangerous then it looks like.
AM I SURE ABOUT IT?

I discovered this trick of fraud several months ago, when I set up few affiliate programs on my own website. None of the sales which my clients, with whom I was in e-mail contact was recorded.

I found out (from Commission Junction where I applied for selling Native Remedies) why the sales are not recorded ...Of course they explained that only 5% of visitors set up very high level of security, so I should not worry about that - (what is lie, the truth is that today 95% of people do that)- and they recommended me that I should focus on more intensive marketing (!) and not on this few non-recorded sales.

My boyfriend and me checked that statement, made experiments, and realized that tracking number of affiliator is visible - only when we set security level as "moderate". When is high, referral codes and numbers, just do not exist, what is certainly not problem of costumers.So I deleted that affiliate programs from all my sites.

The same case is with Amazon.com, every now and on I get some happy e-mail from my readers, who ask me various questions about their health in connection of using product which they bought after I referred them through my Hubs. They do believe that they have right to ask, because they think I am earning money from these sales, but usually purchase is not recorded....so I had to start to charge for such info...everyone who asks. Sorry.

If your sales with Amazon.com are low, from this Hub you can see, that you are not so bad in marketing....something else is rotten.

I would recommend Hubbers (who can) who are not satisfied with Amazon.com to use E-Bay instead, because E-Bay recently became PCP program (pay-per-click) and clicks do get recorded.... .

I did not fully test click programs yet , so I cannot swear if really all clicks are actually recorded. I know if somebody just quickly clicks to another website and changes mind before is completely open, such click does not get recorded, but this should not discourage anyone of using such programs (Google, E-Bay).

I live in the part of the world, where we cannot use E-Bay, because is connected with PayPal system...which is not available everywhere...so Hubbers like me (Europe, Croatia, South Africa, Philippine, etc, etc....) can basically rely on Google only (we are very happy about that fact, you can imagine)... so you will still see Amazon.com on my sites, at least for some time, up till I do not find solution which will not make me so stupid in my own eyes. But as soon as I find it, I will stop using it.

This is, of course, my personal experience, I would be glad that everybody shares it´s own.

This topic was started on Apr 28, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.