Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

My business partner and I are competing against each other!

kjhosein
Trust:

My business partner and I are competing against each other!

Hello Mark, Affilostaff & fellow Affilorama-ers,

I know that a lot of you are doing affiliate marketing by yourself, but I thought I'd share this little idea that my business partner and I came up with, and maybe you might consider getting a 'sparring' partner.

We've been making money online for a while now (you can see one of our sites in my sig), but haven't really been doing pure affiliate marketing and wanted to branch out to that. To be honest, we're both tech geeks, and love that stuff, but are downright terrible at the 'boring' stuff like article marketing, and link building. Ok, so we're probably terrible because we'd rather be hacking some piece of code or sys admin'ing a *nix box. ;-)

So there we were trying to figure out how to spur each other onto greater success in pure IM, and came up with an idea. (In all honesty, it was my buddy's idea!)

Essentially, we're going to compete *against each other* to see who can take a small sum of money and make a profit on it in 2 weeks.

We've got some basic rules, like we get $250 of seed money, no blackhat methods, and we plan to blog about it. If you've any ideas to help me 'beat' him, or perhaps a really good offer to push, I'd appreciate it. :-)

We've written about it in more detail here on one of our blogs:
"http://www.untethereddreams.com/inspiration/2010/03/16/a-little-friendly-intramural-affiliate-marketing-competition-for-knowledge-and-profit.html"

A little more honesty: if you read the post, you'll see that we're a week in and not a lot of blog posts are up there. Guilty. Excuse? Time. Or rather lack of it. But you all know how that goes! We haven't given up, but it's not priority #1 given the low traffic that that site has so far.

Well I've droned on long enough. Hope this gives even one person even a single good idea!

Cheers,

_Khalid
superaff
Trust:
Hi Khalid, welcome to the forum and all the best with your affiliate venture. If you post about affiliate marketing, I suggest you do this on a different blog than the geek one! People will be confused otherwise.

Regards,
Franck
Did you see the amazing case studies on my blog http://mynetmarketingland.com/blog1/
Affiloblueprint Bonus: http://www.mynetmarketingland.com/mark-ling/affiloblueprint.html

kjhosein
Trust:
Thanks Franck - oh boy, I hope I didn't mess that up. The Untethered Dreams blog isn't the same as the geek/gadget one (Gizmos for Geeks). But yes, totally agree with you.
Best,

_Khalid

This topic was started on Mar 30, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.