Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

MS Office 2010 Beta is expiring at the end of this month

faradina
Trust:

MS Office 2010 Beta is expiring at the end of this month

If, like me, you are using the Beta version of MS Office 2010, this is just a reminder that it will expire at the end of this month. So you will have to come up with other means of working on your MS Office documents.

OpenOffice.org could be a good choice, but you may have to save docx, xlsx, and any other documents with file extensions that have x at the end to a format that can be opened in OpenOffice (doc, xls). I am not quite sure if OpenOffice can open docx and xlsx, etc. documents. I have yet to check this, when I get around to it.

Another option is to sign up for the trial of the MS Office 2010 final version. I believe you can try it out for 60 days. I will go this route myself as I still have to come up with funds to purchase the software. If, at the end of the 60 day trial, I still do not have the money, then I will go to OpenOffice exclusively.
lyndaj
Trust:
Hi Fara,

I have a couple of docx docs that I'd like to look at, but cant with OpenOffice. My son said yesterday that he thinks OpenOffice has a plug in for it but I haven't looked into that yet. Otherwise Ive been very happy with OO.

Lynda
faradina
Trust:
Thanks, Lynda :)

I'll definitely be looking into that plugin as it would save me US$500 (the purchase price of MS Office 2010 Pro) if I am able to use OpenOffice exclusively.
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
OpenOffice.org 3.0 is capable of opening files created with Microsoft Office 2007 or Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac OS X (.docx, .xlsx, .pptx, etc.). If you are having problems, you could follow the suggestions on this page: How do I open Microsoft Office 2007 files?
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

lyndaj
Trust:
Thank you for that link Michelle. I have OpenOffice 3 so tried again. Low and behold I can now open those files. I certainly wasn't able to a few days ago. Very mysterious, but Id say that, more than likely, it was something I was doing wrong and not a fault in OpenOffice.

OpenOffice looking better now Fara. :)
faradina
Trust:
Yes, indeed!!!

Thanks, Michelle :)

Now if only the developers of OOo ca come up with an option to save to the x file formats, I could go ahead and use that $500 for something else.

This topic was started on Oct 28, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.