Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

**Mindset**

Site Admin
markling
Trust:

**Mindset**

Hey Guys,

I just want to emphasise what might sound obvious here, but people don't pay enough attention to.

Mindset plays a big important role in your success. Most people in life become self fulfilling prophecies of their beliefs about themselves and how the world works.

If you lack confidence in what you are doing here, there is absolutely nothing to be unconfident about. Nothing at all. If you fail, but you actually try, you are closer to success. Just like a child who keeps falling over when trying to walk is much closer to walking than the child who hasn't learnt to crawl yet. There is no such thing as failure if you never give up.

I saw a guy on the news last week walking a marathon. He had lost both his legs, so could only walk 3km a day. But eventually he got there, after about 2 weeks. That was slower than the other guys in the marathon, but a lot faster than me considering I wasn't even in the race!

That's just an analogy, but if you keep taking consistent daily action (and I mean doing, not just learning), then you will get there. For instance, if you spent the next 2 years building 50 of these Affiloblueprint type websites, I can't imagine how you wouldn't be making a full time living and probably a lot lot more. You must keep building though, don't spend too much time over analysing etc etc. Move forward, get your first site out there and done. Fail fast, who cares if you make mistakes, learn from them and build your 2nd site better than your first. By the time you get to your 5th site you will be a pro at this.

Try and keep at this with some speed and positive enthusiasm guys.

All the best!

Mark

p.s. it might seem like information overload at times when you see all the opportunities, but just focus on what you learn here first, get your site done.

If you do listen in on other webinars and so forth, go at it with a positive mindset, not a 'oh no too much to learn' mindset. Information overload is a necessary part of 'brain strengthening', it's like a workout where your muscles get sore (in this case it is your brain). Of course there will be too much for your brain to absorb, but the brain is a powerful thing and you'd be amazed at how much stronger it gets and how much faster you absorb all this stuff when it becomes part of your lifestyle, and you embrace what you learn (yet realize you don't have to implement absolutely everything).

Again, if there is too much noise going on, just ignore it and focus on the blueprint. If you are going to listen to the noise, then embrace it positively and get the most out of it.
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

PremiumMember
francesc
Trust:
Yep, that's true.
I was reading Napoleon Hill's book and it's about this. It's all about believeing in our projects.
19 years old chilean blogger, a very creative kid, sometimes too creative
Look mum! I'm a moderator!

rmacias
Trust:
Awesome Mark!

For me its...

Ignore, Focus, Continuous Action!

PremiumMember
bajamike
Trust:
Hi Mark,

Great post--the analogy of a legless man doing a marathon hit home pretty well. I sort of feel like that myself-just a ittle progress every day. But when I think of how I knew nothing at all just 3 months ago, I can see that incremental progress is indeed happening. The problem of information overload is very present to those of us really spending a lot of time trying to figurre this IM out. I work on my articles and after I watch your new video tonight on creating a website, I will be starting that scary task this week. When I burn out, I take a break and then read and listen to some of the other information accumulating daily in my email from all your colleagues. I pretend to myself my brain is a sponge, and since I will have to learn all these techniques eventually, I might as well start getting the concepts uploaded into the cerebral cortex.

Still I delete a lot of the email promotion stuff, as there is just way, way too much of it and I want to stay mainly focused on your program. Thanks for all the great stuff, Mark, and I apprediate your personal input to the Forums and answering the occassional e-mail, too.

Bajamike

Bajamike
PremiumMember
psa777
Trust:
Thanks Mark,

..as the saying goes: "You are always right - if you think you can't - then you can't! But if you think you can - then you can!"

I am really confident that we all can succeed in IM if we follow your Affiloblueprint and just stick to it.

Thanks for a gret course,
Peter
My first Affiloblueprint webpage (work in progress!): http:// www.247freepower.com
My Facebook address: http://profile.to/peter_sapiatzer/

richmannow
Trust:
Hiya Mark,

I highly agree with you there. Remaining focused on your goals and taking constant daily action to their attainment will indeed pay off and reward you in the long run.

You need to shut out all the negative energy and off putting remarks you may receive from others, and have 'some what' tunnel vision in what you are doing and want to achieve.

Most of all... believe in YOURSELF and that you CAN do it!

Let's start failing quickly and start building some extremely profitable affiliate websites!

All the best to you and your sites,

-Shaun

P.S - Yeah, thanks Mark for all your input and interaction on the forums.
It's nice to hear your comments and opinions to help us on our way.
richmannow
Trust:
So true Peter. Great blueprint here :)
richmannow
Trust:
Amazing stories such as the gentleman who had lost both his legs finishing the 3km marathon, show just what is humanly possible if we only decide to commit to making something happen.

So let's just do it!

- Shaun
happyaff
Trust:
I totally agree.....I have a few mindset books which have helped me in gaining some confidence in trying new things. I have a long way to go, but in one of those books I read a passage that said something to the effect that:

The idiot who takes action is much further ahead than the intellect who does nothing.

That being the case, I absolutely know my first project is not going to be pretty, but that is the only way I am going to learn.

Me being a beginner, I sometimes feel totally overwhelmed at all of this, but then I also think of those who have so many more challenges, as Mark has pointed out. I am sure you have all heard of Nick Vujicic, who has no arms or legs, and his famous "ARE YOU GOING TO FINISH STRONG" inspirational speech. If you have not seen it, here is one of the shorter clips on YouTube (you may need some kleenex to watch it).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdsVA90QFck&feature=related After seeing that, it makes this all (and many other things in life) seem so easy, after all. We really CAN do this! Best wishes to everyone, Lauri
christophd
Trust:
Totally agree. Thanks, Mark.

A few months ago I started twice daily mindset training (after reading one of American Sales Trainer Jeffrey Gitomer's books).

It is the ONLY reason I FINALLY gave myself permission to do something I think I'd be good at, marketing in writing, online. Otherwise I wouldn't even be here.

So mindset training is great. Carry on all.
--
Go forth, be happy and successful.

getprofits_709
Trust:
it's rewarding putting up a new page or two every day, reviewing all the offers in the inbox is a great way to procrastinate. after all is there another easier blueprint out there? I haven't seen it. imagine 10 - 20 -50 of these sites.

probably never have to work again with that many up and making money, or at least never again wonder what you will work at.
jacksonlin
Trust:
This post is so insightful I just thought I'd have to say something.

I have to agree.

That legless guy totally kicks my ass!

And I have legs!

It's all about perception, because percetion is reality!
lumina
Trust:
Hi Mark, totally agree with you about mindset.

And many thanks for making the extra video on keyword research in Week 1, as I fall (fell) into that category.

I wasn't taking constant action before AB; instead I was wondering/imagining/learning (learning is what I told myself I was doing) what the next best step should be/what could work and what not, when I was spending hours reading forum posts, buying different IM learning programs which more or less felt like an overwhelming task for just one person!

To be fair to myself, I was serious about learning and did my best all along, but lacked the 'fail fast means I'm closer to success' mindset.

So, great post - and I will remember the legless guy completing the marathon!
backhoe48
Trust:
This is old but it sort of fits. "I cried because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet"
vince974
Trust:
Thanks for the post Mark. I've been watching the AB videos to learn IM and keep pushing back drafting my first page. Still have not made my mind on the topic for the site yet :-( I confess I've been reading/watching in parallel numerous "secret reports", "top secret videos", etc. from other IM and it's become quite overwhelming...

I seriously need to set myself a plan and take actions otherwise I will end up knowing quite a bit on IM but we all know that knowing is not making money, doing is.

Thanks HappyAff for the video on Nick Vujicic. Great lesson for life.

My dad just told me the other day: "dream and make it happen". I feel I need to do both ;-)

Vince
tshipp
Trust:
When I start to get off track, I read this post it that is taped to my computer that goes like this:

Formula For Guaranteed Failure
* Information + Overload = Confusion
* Confusion = Procrastination
* Procrastination = NO MONEY

Tony
If you keep on doing what you have always done, you will keep on getting what you have always got.

sixtos
Trust:
I knew i made the right choice in choosing you as my mentor.

Your process for teaching is simple enough for any body to learn from. Thanks for making it simple.

Everyday i jump in with enthusiasm, and as i work through this- the lights come on.

you're a great teacher.

high regards,

Sergio Jerez
Have a good and funny day.

moxy62
Trust:
Mark,

Thanks -- You are the man. I try to practice The Law Of Attraction and from that relm for me you have showed up.
Not only your great info on the tech stuff but your reminders on the pitfalls many of us tend to fall into have been exactly what I have needed.

Thanks again.
nickgr
Trust:
Great post Mark. I found the old book The Power of Concentraion a very helpful guide in learning how to focus and also to see a task through. All we need is focus,action and your great blueprint.
Thank you Mark.
daytimer60
Trust:
Thanks Mark....Its good to motivate the troops occasionally....From where I was to where I am now has been amazing and I see nothing but blue skies ahead.....The Best Is Yet To Come!!!
grammar1
Trust:
Hi Mark,
I think YOU are your biggest strength and biggest weakness at times. I have always been self motivated and have a strong belief in what I am doing. I see the end line and keep striving towards it where others don't see your same vision and either tutt tutt or laugh at the things you want to do.

I have stayed positive and look back to where I have been, and marvel what seemed liked impossible 6 weeks ago is getting easier by the day.

I know it is always better to keep company with like minded people, the negative ones bring you down to their level in no times at all, everything they see is impossible to do, you will never do that etc etc where I see each day I become a little closer to what I want to achieve.

Thank you

Jenny
PremiumMember
depthdefy
Trust:
So true. I'm still working on my first site and I was stalled out while I was waiting for my article writer to get finished and it kind of put me in a lazy state of mind and I couldn't find the motivation to get at it once I had all the articles ready to go. I was looking at the giant task of building the whole website and not seeing any profit for weeks, and like I said, I was stalled out mentally and physically.

I finally kicked myself in the bum and forced myself to spend a good chunk of time working at it and now that my site is starting to look spiffy I'm excited about the project again. Only seeing the negative aspects of the whole thing was getting me down, but once I found that there actually was fun to be had creating a website (adding graphics and affliliate links) I'm back on track in a big big way.
It all about mindset.
getprofits_709
Trust:
Here is a way to have more focus: Create a folder in your email for all the mailing lists you would like to stay on and when you get a mail from one of these put it into the folder. Now immediately unsubscribe to this list. Do this with every one of them. When you finish 1 - 5 sites or whatever you desire go to the folder and get back on one or more of your "favorite" lists.

Now it will seem empty when you look at your inbox and only thing to do is work on your site.

Brian
PremiumMember
alsedge
Trust:
Enjoying AB Mark, when I can get a few hours at end of day..mindset still strong but focus is the tricky bit, all the tempting emails and guru 'deadline 'recommendations.

Must stick to 'the' course and launch decent (xsite generated) websites into markets I've identified. Yet to use SEO as ppc has been working, but costing too. Articles, Links and SEO - and getting those blinkers on.

Webinars are a bit late so great to get recordings!

AlSedge
luigi504
Trust:
Last edited by luigi504 on 08 Feb 11 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wambtm
Trust:
great words from the master =)
briancol
Trust:
Thanks Mark,
Thanks for an awesome post, I think that mindset is the crucial "missing" ingredient in life that determines overall success or failure, i dont know about you but i believe in a higher good mentality, ie to work towards a higher good, its not all about the cash, and i really respect the way you help us newbie affiliates, I joined affilorama about 2 years ago,( and i must say i was impressed even then, you really have a caring attitude that carries through to your work, so on behalf of all of us on affilorama/ affilobluprint a HUGE thank you Mark and to your Team!

I emigrated to europe 2 years ago, and then i got stuck in a soulless job that demanded way more time than i wanted to deliver.. I soon learnt the value of alone time and time with family etc, and i started re-evaluating my goals and aspirations out of life. (like why am i here, what do i really want to do etc) well it turned out that i wanted to help people, and that with health, - and right about now many people may wonder why am i doing affiliate marketing then? well to me you can always choose to do something in a niche that helps people, you're providing a service to people with free advice etc, but thats besides the point, To me its about making a business that is
a)for me and not making some other bloke rich
b)So i don't have to be a wage slave
c)So that i can support my family properly and be financially free..
d)Ultimately will free up time for me where i can persue my higher aims(spirituality etc, im into Qigong, ayurveda etc, and i would love to be able to afford to get quality tuition and travel where i can learn authentic stuff from masters etc)

Thanks To You Experienced Affiliates and the team that help us newbies grow!
alucard001
Trust:
Totally agree with you. As sometimes I will feel distress with no sales or less than 10 visitors a day, (have 5 websites now but the eldest website is only 2-3 months).

But thank you for your post and I will definitely follow your advise.
scparker
Trust:
Mark - great post. Thanks....
eddie565
Trust:
Very very inspiring thread guys, thanks for sharing all your thoughts.

I totally agree, I think having the right mindset is key. Personally, I have only being doing this for the last few months but I'm having an amazing time learning and making mistakes. The faster I learn from these mistakes the faster I began to get things right.

I'd just like to share some really good quotes that really help me when things get 'difficult':

It's not over....until I win - Les Brown
There's no such thing as failure, only feedback - Brian Tracy
Success is both the journey and the destination - Jim Rohn

If we really put our minds to it we can achieve anything we want. If I want to do something then I do it, it's really that simple.

Thanks guys,

Eddie
eddie565
Trust:
Very very inspiring thread guys, thanks for sharing all your thoughts.

I totally agree, I think having the right mindset is key. Personally, I have only being doing this for the last few months but I'm having an amazing time learning and making mistakes. The faster I learn from these mistakes the faster I began to get things right.

I'd just like to share some really good quotes that really help me when things get 'difficult':

It's not over....until I win - Les Brown
There's no such thing as failure, only feedback - Brian Tracy
Success is both the journey and the destination - Jim Rohn

If we really put our minds to it we can achieve anything we want. If I want to do something then I do it, it's really that simple.

Thanks guys,

Eddie
jjperkins
Trust:
Wow, reading this took me back, and makes me realise how much I missthis forum :-(

Must make time...
must make time...
must ...

daria19
Trust:
I've only recently realised the HUGE importance of mindset.

I highly recommend sitting for 5 minutes and just meditating every now and then. Clear your mind.

Visualizing your future life through your own eyes is also something I've found extremely beneficial.

For those who like to read - I love Wink and Grow Rich.

In this life, you get to choose the level you want to play at.
What level do you choose?
http://wp-robot.net - Create Autoblogs with WPRobot Wordpress Plugin

jacksonlin
Trust:
I cannot agree more with what Mark said. Seriously, the only difference between the super rich and the super poor is what's in between their ears.

The way that a person thinks will decide if they are rich or poor.
mariozepeda
Trust:
Superb Post Mark, specially..
"Information overload is a necessary part of 'brain strengthening', it's like a workout where your muscles get sore (in this case it is your brain).".
I remember many years ago when I was a teenager I traveled to Iowa in the USA to an exchange student program for the summer, my brain almost explodes the first days, I couldn't understand a word the family I stayed with told me, I remember they took me to a movie, and the only two words I understood from the whole movie was thank you and your welcome. However after two months, I was able to communicate with them more comfortably, thanks to this experience (information overload), I was able to master my English education here in Mexico, and finally to work for companies where English was a most. Thanks to this as well, I am able today to browse the internet as if i was a native, understand all websites in English, study programs like Mark's and even give it a serious shot to this marvelous industry of the internet marketing.
Mario
Puebla/Mexico

This topic was started on May 19, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.