Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Meet in London and Las Vegas?

Site Admin
markling
Trust:

Meet in London and Las Vegas?

Hey Everyone,

I'm going to be speaking live at PPC Classroom in Las Vegas later this month, and will then be going to the UK and europe for a few weeks. I'll still be on this forum here helping everyone, and my staff will continue to build more tools and so forth for this website, so nothing will change.

One reason why I'm mentioning it right here is that I was thinking about the possibility of having a quick catch up with any of you who are based in London or Las Vegas because while I'm there, I was thinking that perhaps I could just arrange a day and time to meet up for drinks for an hour or two, perhaps during the afternoon time would be best as I have a lot on during most nights.

I'll be in vegas from 24 May to 2 June. And I'll be in london from 3 June to 6 June.

I'm not definitely doing this meet up thing yet as I have to work out my schedule (and check with my wife :) ), I'm just posting this here to see how much interest there is in the idea and if during a weekday afternoon will be ok for people who are interested?
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

spidey1
Trust:
The London meetup would be really good.
By June my first site should be more or less complete so it would be great to talk to you about it and it would be good to see some of the other members too.
I'm definately up for it.
joecool
Trust:
Hey Mark,

I am based in London. Close to Heathrow. I would be interested in meeting up.
Carlton

treston
Trust:
Hi Mark,
I'd love to meet up with you but regret I am away on 5-7 June. However, I am able to get to London for 3rd or 4th.
Good wishes to you.
Geoff
alphazulu
Trust:
Hi Mark,
A London meetup would be fantastic. I'm away from the 5th, but hopefully should be up for something on the 3rd or 4th
Please keep us updated

Souhail
Free Internet Marketing Tips - Click Below
http://www.internetmarketingsuccesstips.co.uk/

latinoman23
Trust:
Sounds great!! Im based in london too so would be awesome. In fact my cousins own a bar in central london. If there are enough people i could organise for the bar to be kept open just for a group of us. :-)

Let us know soon as.
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Ok cool, I'll try to shedule a meet up for the 4th in London (during the afternoon), I'll get back to you all with a time. Others who are interested, please keep posting here so I know that there is enough interest.
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

kkrueger
Trust:
Hey Mark...wow I would love to get together with you in Las Vegas. I live 4 hours away driving time. But unfortunately I homeschool my kids part-time...and that will be the last week of school and they will have a lot of end of year activities. So my availability would be May 30-31 Sat and Sun.
I don't know if that would work or not for you. But I would love to meet you and talk one on one about your career and and how you built your business.
It would be such an honor to meet you.
thanks...Karen
jar123
Trust:
Hi Mark, it would be awesome to meet up with you in Vegas. I would be able to meet up anytime on May 30 or 31st. Keep us in the loop if decide to set something up. Thanks, Jared.
gillesjh73
Trust:
Mark,

I actually live in London UK, what is your schedule like? on the days you plan to be here.

Is there any chance we could meet up?

Please let me know your email address and I'll invite you via LinkedIn

Regards
keithdhd
Trust:
Hi Mark,

I would be interested in a meet up if I can get down to London from Edinburgh on 4th or 5th June.

cheers,
Keith
thisisit
Trust:
wow Keith, that's hell of journey you are planning just to meet up Mark! :) I am sure it's worth though.

I would love to meet up with you in London, Mark. Hopefully I will have my first site up by then :)

Cheerio!
PremiumMember
urbanhippie
Trust:
Hi Mark,

I live in London and would love to meet up! Could you manage a few bottles of Speights in your luggage?

Cathy
PremiumMember
markus7
Trust:
Hi Mark,

I stay up in Edinburgh also but may be able to get down to the "smoke" on the 4th. It's a shame you can't get up here as it's so lovely! Very similar to the South Island....

Cheers,
Mark
rbrouwers
Trust:
I cant make it to London or Las Vegas but I have a question for Mark.
Mark, you were saying that you would put out a video about keyword competition today. Is that still coming or is it on another day
affiliatedon
Trust:
Its a tuff life for some;) hey mark could you please respond to my responce on support? thread or anyone?
ps I can't make it as I'm stuck in Australia writing outstanding articles, I think?
john50
Trust:
Hi Mark,

I live just outside London and would definately be available for any of the dates you have listed.

John Hook
tsbhachu
Trust:
Awesome Mark :)
I'm one of the London crowd and would love to meet up with you and some of the other folks on this forum. Please let us know when and where.
Cheers,
Tony
PremiumMember
marting
Trust:
I'm in London and would be keen to meetup. I'll keep watching this space.
kkrueger
Trust:
Hi Mark,
I just talked with my Husband and he thought it would be fun to take an overnight trip to Vegas with the kids. I hope more people would be interested in meeting with you. I need to know asap so that I can make animal sitting arrangements. We have horses, dogs and cats that would need to be taken care of :) yes...we live on a farm! Looking forward to it!
Thanks,
Karen
jacksonlin
Trust:
If only I loved in London or Las Vegas! I would be there for sure!
cthatcher
Trust:
I'll be in Las Vegas the 28th-31st and would love to meet up.
Best days for me would be either the 29th or 30th, sometime in the afternoon.

I should have my first site up by then, and would love some honest criticism.. :)

-C
marketpro
Trust:
Would be great to meet up in London Mark. If & when you know your dates, let us know?

...and if you need any help sourcing a venue/hotel, let me know? Heathrow would probably make sense if that's where you're flying in to?

Kind regards, Steve.
PremiumMember
jstalker
Trust:
Unfortunately, I can't make either of those dates even though I am originally from the UK. However, once I reach the point of being able to quit my job and do affiliate marketing full-time, my first stop will be New Zealand to personally shake you by the hand.
Last edited by jstalker on 12 May 09 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dewey
Trust:
Hi Mark

I'd love to meet up in Vegas. I'll be available there that time.

-Josh
mbpage
Trust:
London would be cool.
sunflower
Trust:
Hi Mark,
I live in London too and it would be great to meet up.

Regards,
Adjia
sunwindx
Trust:
Hey Mark,

It would be excellent to meet up in London for a Drink (or two lol). I would be free during the weekdays myself and the 4th sounds great so yes please count me in!

Its kind of a shame I cant make it to the more fancy setting im also part of ppc classroom but it would be awesome to have you here in London even if its just for an informal chat!

Regards,
Tan
PremiumMember
kentfujimoto
Trust:
Hey Mark,
I would love to meet up with you in Las Vegas. I'll be out there from the 24th till the 30th for the live event with PPC Classroom. I'm pretty flexible with my schedule, so just let me know if you'll have the time.

Thanks
Kent
PremiumMember
gripex
Trust:
Ive just checked flights and they are pretty cheap to get to vegas. I was thinking the ppc classroom seminar would be a good time as well, id have to ask anik for a pass though. cause i didnt opt in when they were available.
maybe you can get me one? lol.
kathyw
Trust:
Hi Mark

London sounds good if you can let us know in advance so that I can work around getting there. Too good an opportunity to miss!

Thanks
Kathy
snovosad
Trust:
I am in Oklahoma, but planning a Vegas trip either the Memorial weekend or the 29-31st. If enough advance notice, I would like to meet up for a few hours while wife lounges at pool and enjoying adult beverages.
tuxonio
Trust:
I Mark how are you?
I am also going to the PPC Cassroom Live in Las Vegas I saw you as a speaker...in fact that was one of the reasons that I joined the Affilo BluePrint Workshop and it will be very nice to talk to you over there...I am looking forward to see you OK...should I look for you or how would you like to do it?.
Best
Arturo
libert72
Trust:
Hey Mark, sounds great, I live here in Las Vegas and I just signed up for your AffiloBlueprint. I have to say that you have got a great course and I am loving every bit of it and applying everything I am learning. It would be great to meet the person that actually created the program. I'll be out of Vegas on the Memorial Day weekend, but can meet in the evenings during the weekdays and free on May 30-31 weekend all day. Please let us know what day would be good for you.

So you are here to speak for PPC Classroom huh? I've actually kept up with the players in the affiliate business and know about Anik Singal and PPC Classroom and Affiliate Classroom, but I'm glad I chose your program.
kkrueger
Trust:
Mark,

I have had a change of plans..and I won't be able to make it to Vegas.

Have a great time all...
PremiumMember
josh2261
Trust:
Hi Mark,

I have just purchased Affiloblueprint and would be great to meet up in London on the 4th June somewhere. Bring some steinlager.. cya mate.

cheers,

Josh
PremiumMember
kieran
Trust:
Hi Mark

A meeting in London would be great. I hope to be there if you are.

Kieran
Kieran

www.moneymakingbuzz.com - the Key to Online Wealth
www.buildthingsdirect.com - the Top Site for Home Improvement Projects

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Ok guys, I'll sort out venues soon, both will be some sort of bar where we can catch up over a few drinks, any suggestions? June 4th in the afternoon in london AND May 31 in las vegas around lunch time. I'll give more details as soon as I work them out.

tuxonio
Trust:
Hi! Mark...sorry to say but I will be leaving las Vegas, my plane takes of back home Sunday morning 31...so I guess that I will see you as a speaker...or will probably see you at the PPC gathering...take care
Best
Arturo
PremiumMember
webshel
Trust:
Hi Mark,

Would love to meet you in Vegas. Really enjoy affil blueprint and learning a lot.

Seems folks on forum are leaning towards May 30/31. That's fine for me as well. Probably best, if it's the 30th, to meet after 5 p.m. since that's the end of PPCClassroom event. Or anytime Sunday would be great.

I was debating about going to PPC Classroom live, (I live in so cal, not too far of a drive from Vegas) but now that I hear you're speaking and possibly meeting with a few of us, I'm definitely there. Hope you can make time.

Thanks.

Shelley
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
I understand that some of you might prefer the saturday, but I'm already busy with PPC Classroom activities that day and evening. Sunday lunchtime is the only time I can fit into my schedule. It might be better to cancel that meet up and only do the London meet up as I could do with an extra day with my wife in vegas if not many people are able to make it on the sunday anyway. Guys if you want to meet up with me on the sunday, I will arrange it, but need to get at least a few definites, otherwise, better to just meet up at ppc classroom live event.

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
RE London: Anyone got any venue ideas?

PremiumMember
webshel
Trust:
Mark,

I will definitely be available whatever day and time you meet in VEGAS. Sunday is perfect. I will be at the conference Sat and Sun, look forward to seeing you speak.

Shelley
thisisit
Trust:
latinoman23 wrote:Sounds great!! Im based in london too so would be awesome. In fact my cousins own a bar in central london. If there are enough people i could organise for the bar to be kept open just for a group of us. :-)

Let us know soon as.

Exclusive bar in Central London sounds awesome!
z1chef
Trust:
Hey Mark,
I live in London as well and it would be awesome to meet up...

Nice one Mark,
Geno
colinp29
Trust:
Hey mark

I live up in Warwickshire but could make it to london
ajtoday
Trust:
I would love to meet you London, I will travel up from Plymouth.
you are my inspiration.
sunwindx
Trust:
Hey Mark its awesome you can take some time out to meet us in London if you could let us know if your staying in central London or if your staying near the airport this could better help us plan a venue, I reckon any pub in central would be great and could name quite a few that would be easy to get to for anyone coming from in London or outside if that would help, something close to a tube station would be an advantage.
mungoyonty
Trust:
I'd also love to come up to london. I live in Brighton so it's only a short train ride. Count me in.

Adam
gillesjh73
Trust:
Hello all,

Unfortunately I could only meet in the evening on 4/06 (as I am travelling back from Holland that day). Here are however some venues you could consider:

1) Close to the airport (10 min car ride)
Runnymede Hotel: http://www.runnymedehotel.com/
This is good venue as it is fairly quiet (unlike a pub) you will be able to have good discussions there (I often take clients there)

2) Regus Office in central london
Mark you should check the postcode of the venue you will be staying in london then look for a Regus office closeby. Check link below
http://www.regus.com/meetingrooms/default.aspx

3) Dinner
(This is the selfish bit) As I won't be making it back to London until early evening, I would also like to propose dinner. There are so many good restaurants everywhere in London that it should not be too difficult to find one at late notice.

Mark, once you have had the chance to think of these options could you please confirm your decision to all

Gilles
Last edited by michellerana on 26 Feb 10 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: update link

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
I will get back to you guys soon with a venue, thanks! This will be a fun get together.

rjanelli
Trust:
Hi Mark,

Will be in Las Vegas and would love to meet up with you. Let us know the date and time.

Rob
libert72
Trust:
Sunday May 31st would be perfect for me in Vegas. I'm a local resident here, so I can make the 31st. Let me know if you will meet up, thanks.
PremiumMember
robbom
Trust:
I am going to be at PPC Classroom in Vegas Mark. Love to buy you a beer. I am at the Hilton
PremiumMember
jousby
Trust:
Hi Mark, A beer in London sounds good. My two cents on venues in the middle of town:

- Corney and Barrow at Paternoster Sq: nice outdoor area in summer overlooking the cathedral.
- Queen Mary: Floating bar on the river near embankment. Security can be a pain sometimes though, they like making queues.
- Trafalgar Hotel Roof Garden: roof top bar looking out over trafalgar square.

All three are great in summer, and are quiet enough to make an informal chat possible.

Cheers,

James
famousmoney
Trust:
Hi Mark

To meet up would be awesome Hoping that it it will be the same time as I am free on Sunday.

Have a great trip to Vegas.

Regards Ian
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hey guys,

Lets make it Trafalgar Hotel Roof Garden at 1pm, on the 4th. Do we need to make a booking, does anyone know? or just turn up?

regards,
Mark

PremiumMember
jousby
Trust:
Hi Mark,

I gave the trafalgar a call just to check the roof top bar wasn't booked on that day and found out that they don't open until 4pm. So a 1pm start will require a diff venue.

Heres the link by they way, cool place for visitors to london, but another time.
http://www.thetrafalgar.com/roof_garden.shtml

Perhaps the Queen Mary then if you want to stick to that area. Can't beat it for a beer on the river. At 1pm it shouldn't be too busy, so shouldn't be any problems for people getting in. It gets very busy after work on a Thursday though.

http://www.caniseethat.co.uk/QueenMary/

Otherwise lots of nice little pubs in Covent Garden, but its a bit of rabbit warren and I'm worried people will find them hard to find.

Cheers,

James
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Queen Mary sounds good, can someone book it :) ?

PremiumMember
jousby
Trust:
No problems, ill give them a call tomorrow and try and reserve a spot for ~25 people under Mark's name.
PremiumMember
jousby
Trust:
hmmm.... phone number for the QM seems to be disconnected. Seems they might have closed for a refurb since Jan. Ok apologies for the bad leads, any other londoners with a few suggestions?

My next suggestion would be the Porterhouse in Covent Garden. Great pub, but if its crowded then may be a little hard to hear Mark's pearls of wisdom. Still 1pm on Thur shouldn't be to busy and it is a big place. If there are no other suggestions i can give these guys a call.

[Link no longer available]
jar123
Trust:
I can still meet up in Vegas on the 31st around lunch time. Is that still on Mark or have you cancelled that?
PremiumMember
captain
Trust:
Hey Mark

Would love to of finally meet face to face, think I might of told you that I am back In South Africa for a while, none the less we shall meet one day! safe travels mate.

Morgan
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
1pm on the 4th at Covent Garden sounds good. Please let me know if it is definately going to be a good venue, and also directions for getting there (tube stop etc).

Thanks,
Mark

marketpro
Trust:
My penny's worth - any reason why we're suggesting pulling Mark all the way from Heathrow into the centre of London, particularly when that makes it a greater challenge to get to for everyone outside London having to then travelling in, and then get out of London possibly at rush hour?

Why don't we think to do something around Heathrow? ...easier to get to for all travellin in, easy for those in London to jump on the tube, and Mark will already be there?

...keeping close to Heathrow but avoiding the boring Heathrow airport hotels, one suggestion might be the Saville Court Hotel at Windsor - pretty location, and not too difficult to get to as it's close to M25 and airport. If that's of interest I can check it out to see if they can accommodate us?

...just a thought.

...and Mark, I'm happy to pick you up from Heathrow if that helps?

Kind regards, Steve.
marketpro
Trust:
PS Here's the Saville Court's website: http://www.macdonaldhotels.co.uk/savillcourt/
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
I'm not staying near heathrow, I'm not sure what gave you that idea :)

I don't mind catching a couple of tubes to the center of london anyway.

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
I don't mind making it near heathrow if others prefer it, but we are running out of time here to confirm a venue as I'm flying out to London tomorrow.

marketpro
Trust:
Are you staying in the City then Mark, if so then fine, London Central makes perfect sense 'n stay with original option ...I just thought you were flying into Heathrow and were camped in Heathrow hotel.

...sadly I can't help suggest much in the City as I live a few hours out so leave it with others who are closer and gave original suggestions. :o)
PremiumMember
marting
Trust:
I liked the Covent Garden idea better.
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
OK, we'll leave it at Covent Garden at 1pm on the 4th :)

See you guys there!

Mark

PremiumMember
jousby
Trust:
Hi

I've reserved two tables upstairs at the porterhouse under marks name for 1pm on thursday.

The link again:

and directions from covent garden tube (its about the same distance from charing cross tube as well if you hit google maps) ->

The manager assured me that it shouldn't be to noisy. Looking forward to saying hello.

Cheers,

James.
marketpro
Trust:
Great job James ...thx for organising.

C U Thursday :o)

Kind regards, Steve (Portsmouth)
mungoyonty
Trust:
Nice. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
PremiumMember
kieran
Trust:
Looking forward to meeting Mark and everybody else on Thursday.

Kieran (Wales)
Kieran

z1chef
Trust:
Hey guys,
Sounds awesome...
Geno(London)
gillesjh73
Trust:
James,

thanks again for organising I look forward to it

regards
alphazulu
Trust:
looking forward to it too. see u all there

kuntos
Trust:
Hey Mark, it was nice meeting you in Vegas on the 30th. Glad to also take a photo with you on stage. Sorry I had to rush off home at the end, it was my birthday and my family was waiting for me. Hope I can spend more time with you the next time you are in town. Your seminar was excellent. Did you say it was your first time speaking? You were awesome. Thanks for always giving so much value.
keithdhd
Trust:
Hi guys,
Have a good meet up today. I can't make it because of the *day job* but would love to have come.

cheers,
Keith
mungoyonty
Trust:
Hey guys,
turns out I'm not gonna be able to make it today unfortunatley,
but hope it all goes well.

Adam
PremiumMember
marting
Trust:
I was hoping to make it but couldn't. A shame, as I was looking forward to it.
marketpro
Trust:
Hey Mark ...just a quick personal note to say a big 'thanks' for giving up yours (and Michelle's) time in London this afternoon to share your extensive experiece and words of wisdom...

...your openness to share all you know is both refreshing and valued, and I very much appreciated, as I'm sure all did who were in attendance.

Cheers mate.

Have a fun trip around Europe :o)

Best wishes, Steve.
gillesjh73
Trust:
Mark,

It was a real pleasure to meet with You, Michelle and the others this afternoon.

Enjoy your trip to Ibiza and rest of Europe, and you never know if I go ever go to New Zealand again I may take you up on your offer to show me around.

Thanks again for your tips as well

Best

Gilles
andreso
Trust:
Mark,
It was great to meet you in Las Vegas. Your presentation at PPC Classroom really rocked.
alphazulu
Trust:
Awesome meeting you yesterday in London Mark. I took away some really good tips and advice. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

And it was great meeting with a bunch of likeminded people also.

sunflower
Trust:
Hi Mark,

Just a quick note to say thank you to yourself and Michelle for interrrupting your holiday to meet us in Covent Garden yesterday afternoon.

It was really nice to meet you, Michelle and those that attended and I really appreciate your encouragement and sincere advice. Being a total beginner, that really means a lot.

I firmly believe that you genuinely want to help everyone succeed and you go out of your way to do that - no one interrupts their holiday just to meet a bunch of students/clients and spend the whole afternoon giving advice and answering their questions!

Thanks again and hope you enjoy the rest of your trip.

Kind Regards,

Adjia

P.S. I hope Michelle didn't get bored...
PremiumMember
kieran
Trust:
Hi Mark
Thank you and Michelle so much for your time (and pizza!) yesterday. We were hanging on your words of wisdom, and rather selfishly I wanted much more of your time. Oh well, back to the videos ...
Hope you both have a wonderful holiday.
Best regards
Kieran
Kieran

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hey to everyone who came meet us in Vegas and London, it was great meeting you guys too! Keep up the hard work on your websites!

leeannc
Trust:
Hi Mark,

I didn't actually get a chance to speak to you in Las Vegas, but I did attend the PPC Classroom Live event and got to hear you speak. You were GREAT and I am so pleased I had the opportunity to see/hear you in person.

You probably don't remember, but I'm the lady who was clapping to you personally as you were walking to the back of the room after you spoke in Las Vegas, and I thanked you and said you did great. : )

Thank you for sharing your knowledge with all of us, I know I sure appreciate it!!!!
PremiumMember
fthomas137
Trust:
Yah, agree Leeannc with you whole heartedly. The ppc classroom live was a tremendous 'pitchfest' and Mark was one of the very few speakers that offered a ton of value up front. I actually joined a couple days after las vegas to Mark's program, as I was so impressed by he's authenticity.

Actually, I loved one of his opening lines 'unlike most internet marketers, I actually make 85% of my income from internet marketing...'

Frank
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hey guys, I'm glad you enjoyed my presentation, I tried to pack in as much as I could.

All the best :)

Mark

PremiumMember
fthomas137
Trust:
Just trying to remember all the bonuses is giving me a head ache to boot! Mark, are all the bonuses in the affilorama site already? All I remember is it took you about 30 minutes to talk about them all!

By the way, stop having such a good time on holidays! I'm raring to get going in July to be sure! I'm hoping to have at least half a dozen sites up by then, so I've got enough experience under my belt to ask intelligent questions!

Frank

This topic was started on May 10, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.