Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Matt Carter's Wordpress theme

covenantguy
Trust:

Matt Carter's Wordpress theme

Anybody having problems with MAtt Carter's Wordpress theme?

I think it's a great theme but MAtt said were a few glitches with the first offerings he put out but they were supposed to have been fixed. I tried deleting the previous theme and reinstalling the 2 zip files but to no avail. Text is OK-pictures from the Ad Management box appear in the wrong place
http://johnreason.com/recommends.php?linkid=Affiloblueprint
Build a Successful Website in 12 Weeks.

faradina
Trust:
I was also getting error messages when I enabled the ad space. I simply disabled it again as it is something that I would not really use anyway.
covenantguy
Trust:
Hi Fara
I actually do need the pics. Is there another way I can get them to diaplay for each post (I only have 4)?

By "disable" do you mean "uninstall". tried to uninstall theme & then redownload the new (fixed) version but I noticed there was no uninstall option within the Themes panel. So I activated and installed another theme and then from there re-uploaded and re-installed Matt's theme which I had just downloaded from the side panel of his website. I noticed it still showed as version 1.1

I then followed the video instructions and it said to upload and activate the ad management plugin. this failed because it said that one already existed. So I deleted the plugin that was there -it asked me if I wanted to delete all files-and then re-uploaded and activated the supposedly new plugin. It still says version 1.1

I now find that the ads I had placed in the individual posts via the Ad Management box were no longer working. When I scrolled down to the Ad management box within the WP HTML editor of the posts I noticed the ad urls and the destination urls were still there. But the pictures are no longer appearing on the top right -where they are meant to be-but at the bottom right where the comments go.
Also within the Themes page I noticed -before and after I uploaded his theme again, it says at the bottom " The following themes are installed but incomplete. Themes must have a stylesheet and a template."
Name Description
wp-theme2 Stylesheet is missing.

If this is unfixable I'm fondering whetehr the lates AB theme is the answer-would that be Affilotheme Version 3??

faradina
Trust:
What I meant is that I unchecked the "Enable the ad space" box in Marketing Options under Appearance.

I really wish I could help you more with this but I am not that familiar with the theme as I have just begun testing it and have not made a lot of progress.

Your best option to know more about Matt's wordpress theme is to get in touch with him. He has a contact form on his blog that you can use.
covenantguy
Trust:
Hi Fara
This may help others as well: got this reply from MAtt:
"I suggest you start again and remove Wordpress and install it again and then install the theme.

Also style sheet missing means you are not installing correctly. Please follow the instructions provides and unpack the zip first before uploading anything. "

Can you just help me with some advice though, because it sounds dumb but I don't know a)what he means by "removing WP".
b)does "unpack zip" mean I need to right-click and extract the file before uploading to my site?

I have a site up and running and all I want to do is fix the theme!
Also can I ask Fara, is the LATEST AB theme version 3??

faradina
Trust:
Hi,

By "remove Wordpress", I believe he means removing your entire wordpress installation.

Yes, "unpack zip" means to right-click and extract the files before uploading through FTP.

AffiloTheme 3.0 is the latest version :)

I hope that helps. Let me know if there is anything else.
covenantguy
Trust:
Thanks Fara. What I did was install another theme and then re-install the Matt C theme again. Is that the same thing as "removing WP"

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
covenantguy wrote:This may help others as well: got this reply from MAtt:
"I suggest you start again and remove Wordpress and install it again and then install the theme.

I think Matt suggested that you remove Wordpress and not just reinstall his theme.

If you installed WordPress using Fantastico, you'd be able to uninstall it from your web hosting control panel. Go to Cpanel > Fantastico > WordPress (from left menu) > then click Remove.

If you used a different installer, you could ask your web host support for help in uninstalling.

After removing Wordpress, install WordPress again and then install Matt Carter's theme.
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

covenantguy
Trust:
Cool. Thanks Michelle

jjperkins
Trust:
I had the same problem, but I didn't have to uninstall WP.
Just extracted the correct folder to upload and the theme works well.

magtan
Trust:
This post is a bit dated, but hopefully somebody will still find it.

I planning to use Matt's WP theme, but does anyone know how I can remove the link in the footer that says 'Matt Affiliate Marketing'?

I don't mind having a link at the bottom to credit Matt, but the words affiliate marketing seem to give it a spammy feel.

Thanks
Mag

faradina
Trust:
Hi Mag,

I believe it would be better to get in touch with Matt or his support team about that.
PremiumMember
sirmatts
Trust:
I think that is what you have to "pay for" in order to get his theme for free. The footer link is Encrypted so you would need to Decrypt it in order to remove it... Wordpress.org has some threads about these type of tactics....
Best thing ever since sliced bread! Seriously this spinner is 20 Years ahead of TheBestSpinner. Get a Massive 70% Launch Discount ->http://www.inwrk.info/realbestspinner

wwfarch
Trust:
I realize this thread is a couple months old at this point but in case anyone stumbles across it doing a Google search like I did I figured I would answer MagTan's question. You can easily disable the footer link by editing footer.php and changing line 11 that says "$switch=1" to "$switch=0"
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
wwfarch wrote:I realize this thread is a couple months old at this point but in case anyone stumbles across it doing a Google search like I did I figured I would answer MagTan's question. You can easily disable the footer link by editing footer.php and changing line 11 that says "$switch=1" to "$switch=0"

Thanks for this information, Wwfarch! And welcome to Affilorama :)

I have sent a PM to Magtan to make sure she reads your post.

Happy Easter! :)
Michelle
Customer Support

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

edmundyeo
Trust:
wwfarch wrote:I realize this thread is a couple months old at this point but in case anyone stumbles across it doing a Google search like I did I figured I would answer MagTan's question. You can easily disable the footer link by editing footer.php and changing line 11 that says "$switch=1" to "$switch=0"

Hi wwfarch,

I have tried your method to remove the link and it works! Thank you very much! :)

Regards,
Edmund
manorcourt
Trust:
Good troubleshooting! =p
Keep in mind though, the terms of service for the "FREE" template may require the footer link to remain in place.
The polite thing to do would be to give credit where it is due.
Mic

=====================================================
Subscribe to Tekkez Updates http://eepurl.com/dIaK2
Tekkez provides informative news and video guides on Computers and Technology as well as Easy to follow, Work from Home guides.

daveyace
Trust:
covenantguy wrote:Anybody having problems with MAtt Carter's Wordpress theme?

I think it's a great theme but MAtt said were a few glitches with the first offerings he put out but they were supposed to have been fixed. I tried deleting the previous theme and reinstalling the 2 zip files but to no avail. Text is OK-pictures from the Ad Management box appear in the wrong place

hey @covenantguy have you found out how to fix this problem because im getting the same or does anyone else know how to fix it??? i have tried contacting matt on his blog but with no success
Make $10,000 with this step by step formula (Newbie Friendly) http://bit.ly/MveoYF

annasbusinesslistings
Trust:
I'm really hoping someone can help me with this!!!

I'm using Matt's Wordpress theme, and all I want to do is add my affiliate link to images I've inserted on a post.
I used the little 'Upload/Insert' tool and uploaded the image and placed it on the post - so far so good.

But then I wanted to add my link to it. When I go to the image editor (or look into the Html) I can see that the Link URL (not the source, obviously) is defaulting to the image itself. I delete this and add the affiliate link and update. But as soon as I do this, it defaults back to the image!!!!
What am I doing wrong? I'm at my wit's end, please help!
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
I'm sorry but we can only provide support for Affilotheme, Anna. We cannot be sure of how other themes work so you might need to get in touch with the theme developer/Matt's support team to find out.
Michelle
Customer Support

annasbusinesslistings
Trust:
Hi Michellerana,

I think Matt's team doesn't offer support with the theme because it's a free giveaway, which is absolutely fair enough. So I was just hoping someone out there had had the same problem and could tell me how to fix it. Probably I should just pay for a theme and then I could get support with it! ;-)
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Would it be possible to give us temporary access to your WP admin area? Maybe our brilliant technical staff can resolve the issue :)

If so, please send me a PM or email us through the contact form at our support page and give us your site URL and the temporary login details.

You may create a temporary administrator user in the 'Users' menu of your WordPress site. From your dashboard, go to users on the left hand side. From there you can add a new user, and set the status to admin. then once the staff is done, you can delete the user or change the password.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Michelle
Customer Support

annasbusinesslistings
Trust:
Thank you SO much for your offer of help, I really really appreciate it!

Actually though I have just managed to fix it - at least, I realised I have some kind of glitch that means you can only enter a destination URL for an image at the time you upload it. It will not let me change it afterwards either in the editor or by rewriting the html. So you either have to make sure you have that URL ready when you upload, or you have to delete the image and put it in again.

Took a bit of time to delete all my images, but I'm not complaining when it's a free, pretty brilliant theme!
Many thanks again

This topic was started on Oct 11, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.