Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Mark, Still Making Money Of WoWblackbook?

dahlgreninc
Trust:

Mark, Still Making Money Of WoWblackbook?

Hi!

Hope everything is well with you and you're kid!

Just out of curiosity, I stumbled upon a keyword on zygor's leveling guide. KW: Zygor's leveling guide
And I was amazed to see you're AB website at the #1 spot on Google.

Are you still making bucks from organic searches?

The keyword has a search volume of 3000 so I guess you still are.
I am still a little baffled considering how saturated the wow niche is.

Their are probably other people who can answer this aswell :)
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
with tthe proper work, saturation doesnt matter. There is no such thing as too much competition. this is a myth that people who want to rip you off tell you so they can give you their "secret" and milk your wallet.

The fact is all it takes is a good link building strategy, and paying attention to the top 10 sites. I have keywords that have over 10 million competing sites, but only 10 of those Matter.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

smuigal
Trust:
I agree with JM regarding this myth. Many times competition is a stumbling block because of thinking in terms of search engine traffic competition. The fact is you can drive a lot of traffic to your site using all sorts of other traffic generation sources.

Videos, articles, forum signatures, Hubpages, twitter, facebook, myspace, etc...

One of my Adsense sites has earned me well over $300.00 from 8 articles posted on ezinearticles.com. Most of the traffic I get is directly from those articles. Some traffic comes from the search engines. Maybe 30%. There is a LOT of competition for the keyword term I wrote the articles for and yet I get a nice flow of traffic from EA article directory.

:)
Chrisi
Need help? Looking for answers? I've coached 70+ students to 5 and 6 figure success. Private message me on FB for details on a one on one session for help knowing where to start your success or end your failure. https://www.facebook.com/netwoozy.gal

dahlgreninc
Trust:
jmpruitt wrote:with tthe proper work, saturation doesnt matter.

I totally agree with you, saturation doesn't matter.
Proper research and effort can take you anywhere.

I am still amazed tho, being such a competitive keyword and that he probably don't update the site or backlink to it (this is just an assumption). So i figured the #1 spot to be taken by now, but it holds ground.

No one answered my question tho:) I guess its kinda obvious, that the particular page make sales.

ps: I am starting a mini site on Zygor's Leveling Guide (Profit Instrument style). It would be nice to know how profitable it is.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I got out of the WoW niche, because of changes in the game and my site was so highly lazer targeted to aspects of the game that made my site obsolete, but I did have zygor's guide on there, and I sold 2-3 copies / week through seo alone. i think mark does more than that in ppc as well.

dahlgreninc
Trust:
I was thinking of building a "authority" site, but I got to my senses. Many people think WoW niche is evergreen, but it's important to notice that the niche is just about 5-6 years old. I play wow occasionally when expansions are released, it's a very good game, but as you say, radical changes occur and you can get stuck with a obsolete site.

Therefore, I'm only in to Gold Making and Leveling. With to mini site's i'm pretty much satisfied and gonna move on.

I found a pretty nice EMD for zygor's, let's see how it goes:D
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I decided to either play again or get out of the niche. I work too much now to have time for video games so I got out. it is still a profitable niche though if you do it right.

This topic was started on Aug 05, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.