Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

making sure we get paid

promoter
Trust:

making sure we get paid

Hello Everyone,
I have a very important question that I would like Mark to address in the open forum for mine and everyone elses benefit because it affects us all as affiliates. In the mean time while I'm waiting for Mark's respons if anyone can shed some light on this I would appreciate it.

Here's the scenerio: Someone comes to my landing page and signs up for my "FREE STUFF" so now I have their name and email address it's all good so far right. I send them my "free stuff" and a welcome message and in it I also put a link to the merchant's page.

At some point they go to the merchant's page but the merchant also has "free stuff" and my prospect signs up for that as well. Now, yes I still have their email allowing me to continue to communicate with them but now they have also been added to the merchant's autoreponder as well.

So now the merchant is sending them emails. What guarantee do I have that my affiliate link is still connected to my prospect. What guarantee do I have that the merchant will put my affiliate ID in the emails that they are sending to MY PROSPECT?? If my prospect buys within the 60 days that my cookie is still with them will I still get paid??

On the question of cookies, here is another thought. I don't know about you but for security reasons and to conserve space I regularly delete cookies form my computer. If my propects are doing the same thing I'm wondering how many sales are we potentially losing??

How would you combat this potential problem? Can this potential problem be combatted??

Your thoughts please

Thanks
marketer
vqaa
Trust:
Hi

It is best not to promote offers with a pop up or sign up box, if you wish to go with that product
write to the promoter not clickbank, as any decent affiliate will give you a landing page without it.
If they dont its not worth it
Some not many have a system where they include your link in their emails, again you may have to ask if they do
But the cookie stays on that site for whatever period so if they purchase you get credit most times top affiliate still recognise the computer it came from
Not sure on cookie system with clickbank they may help you with that
Hope this helps until you get an answer from mark

Rod
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
marketer, generally the email popup thing isn't a problem. The only way you'd lose your commission to the vendor would be if they used their own affiliate link in their email follow ups, which is pretty low.

If they just use their regular site link, you should still be cookied and you'll get the commission. It lasts 60 days so you'll be ok.

I'm not too sure about the cookie clearing thing though. Don't know how common that is...

Sean
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

promoter
Trust:
Hi Guys,
Thanks for your input.Rob, I not quite getting what you're saying. If you and I are promoting product x how can I have a different website landing page than you have from the same merchant?? Please explain.

Keith
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
some merchants set up a second landing page without the popup for affiliate links
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

promoter
Trust:
Hi James,
Thanks for the input

Keith
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
you are welcome. any questions please dont hesitate to ask
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

This topic was started on Jun 28, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.