Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Little victories can fuel you

swarlley
Trust:

Little victories can fuel you

Hey guys, its me again.

I just wanted to drop a quick post and remind you all to savor the little victories. I remember when I purchased my first domain name for $10 and was ecstatic! I think I even made a post somewhere here because I felt so proud.

These little victories keep happening and they continue to give me extra motivation. I'm talking about things like putting up my first article, figuring out how to build a nice header (thanks Aletta), monetizing my first graphic, and other things like this that may seem ridiculous to anyone who has been doing this biz for any length of time.

I want to remind you guys to FEEL GOOD when you make these steps. Its feels good because you are taking charge of your lives. Leaving it up to chance is becoming less and less of an option when you start to ACT.

My latest victories are spinning my first article and submitting it to a bunch of article directories. To a seasoned pro I imagine this is about the equivalent of making a turkey sandwich. Its normal to him. But to us newbies, lets cherish these cool learning periods and remember them.

I don't care if some of the readers here think that this post is silly. Based on the people I've seen in these forums though, I'm expecting them to smile and feel good about us newbs getting our feet wet for the first time. That is how cool this forum and the members within it are. (You can still laugh at me though. Its cool hehehe)

Let me sum this up guys. I am just getting into the meat of this affiliate marketing stuff (I think) and its a lot of work and takes a lot of persistence. Thanks to Affilorama and our community here, we can keep pushing forward knowing that our 'silly' questions will be answered without being scorned and we will get those nudges when we need them from the killer staff and forum members.

Keep smiling about all those little steps you keep taking and before you know it, you will have walked farther than you ever imagined, as long as you keep going and learning and pushing ever forward.

Never stop,
Chris

ps- I just wanted to thank Cterao again for all his help. I follow his blog and he has given me some tips that I probably wouldn't have figured out on my own for a long time. There are several members on our forums that are a few steps ahead of us new guys and are kind enough to share what they've learned. Keep and eye out for Cterao and Smuigal. These are the first two that come to mind but there are several more members here who give a lot of value to anyone smart enough to learn from them. Thank you so much!
PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
Hey man, thanks for the plug.

Don't worry. This post isn't silly at all. In fact, small victories is pretty much all that kept me going when I was first getting into this. I think I only made one sale my first 3 months at this. If I had only measured my progress by how much money I was making, I would have probably gotten frustrated and given up.

But I would feel good when I'd see my traffic slowly growing in Analytics, or when one of my pages would go up in the SERPs, or when I got my first order form impression from clickbank.

It's really important to look at other things besides money as an indication of progress when you're first getting into this. I need to remind myself of this constantly, especially when I'm going through a dry spell with no sales (like I am now...).

Keep up all your hard work. It will pay off!
Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/

wollowra
Trust:
Hi Clayton,
Your blog say's you're having a good month.. don't beat yourself up man.
It is all good, just keep going dude.
You wrote 50 ezine articles this month, wow.. nice one.
Maybe Red Bull energy drinks do work...lol

Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
Hey Troy, thanks.

Sometimes it just gets so exciting when you're on a roll making a few back-to-back sales, and then all of the sudden everything just goes dead for a few days. Affiliate marketing is definitely an emotional rollercoster...

-Clayton

PS: personally, I prefer coffee. Lots and lots of coffee!
Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Swarlley wrote:I want to remind you guys to FEEL GOOD when you make these steps. Its feels good because you are taking charge of your lives. Leaving it up to chance is becoming less and less of an option when you start to ACT.

This is a great reminder, Chris. Thanks for posting :)

It's not actually just these achievements that you should be proud of but the character that is developed as you are building your business. It takes discipline, guts, wisdom, persistence, patience, diligence, focus, determination and integrity to succeed, just like in any other business. So you'll be able to apply your knowledge and skills to other aspects.

Swarlley wrote:There are several members on our forums that are a few steps ahead of us new guys and are kind enough to share what they've learned. Keep and eye out for Cterao and Smuigal. These are the first two that come to mind but there are several more members here who give a lot of value to anyone smart enough to learn from them.

I agree! Both of them are valuable contributors to the forum and have selflessly shared their wisdom.

Troy's (wollowra) another great contributor, too :)

Thanks, guys :)
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

This topic was started on Mar 13, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.