Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Lessons I have Learned from My Failures

smuigal
Trust:

Lessons I have Learned from My Failures

A while back there was this video introducing a new "system". They totally trashed affiliate marketing as a loser way to market online. Then they made this very bold claim of earning a fast 20k in 20 days or something like that. What they really did was invested 14k to earn 6k. I don't have 14k to lose in order to earn 6k so I'm pretty sure that program was a complete failure to most people who tried it.

THIS is in fact my greatest peve about making money online. These clever videos that suck you in and then treat you like their personal ATM which by the way, they talk about all the time.

Another guy years ago earned $250.000 on his preview video on how he would teach you to earn thousands on his Adsense system. Everyone was all excited over what? The fact that he earned and was bragging about how fast he was making money on .... Adsense??? NO, it was all bragging about making money selling the program. No one paid any attention to this clever and in my opinion deceptive marketing scheme.

Wouldn't you like to say NO to being their personal ATM machine? I do. I have and I hope I can help some of you do it too.

Now then... here's what I want to say and I hope it helps anyone struggling as I have done for many many years.

FOCUS - I had a serious problem with this regarding my online marketing business. I would buy this and that program, subscribed to this service and that services. I have earned a few thousand dollars from an ebook I wrote and I've earned several thousands of dollars selling training programs for programs like wordpress. The problem for never getting any further was because I was a tiny guppy in a shark pond. These sharks knew how to scare me and distract me. They had more money than me, they knew how to market, I didn't, and they knew how to keep me from following through with my little success I had started by eating up my money and never telling me about outsourcing. I only just learned about Outsourcing last year.

Last year I became an AB member. Focused on the videos, followed them all the way to the end and my end result was that I received my first sale in 5 weeks, then over time I was able to replace the income from my offline job. Yeah. :) Only because I focused. I lost focus about two weeks into AB when everyone was drooling over a few programs. I was subscribing to too many newsletters and that is why I got sucked in.

How did I get back on track? After losing $60.00 in PPC ( that is a lot to me) I thought, why am I spending $99.00 a month to learn how to lose money? These guys even tell you upfront you will have to struggle for up to 9 months before really seeing serious profits, but OH MY GOODNESS how fantastic it will be when you're a millionair like them. Of course they almost went bankrupt in the process and um.. they actually pay other people to do their campaigns... ARG! I quit after the first month.

I got my money back on the programs that were NOT for me. Then I canceled ALL of my newsletters accept from Mark and AMA dudes. Then I told myself I would NOT allow this to happen to me again and I went back to the AB videos, pushed through and FINALLY completed my first affiliate site.

Here's my personal take on making money online if you are to succeed you must -

1. Avoid PPC until you have money to lose and it won't hurt your bottom line.
2. Avoid thinking this is easy it is NOT it is hard work because you have to focus intensely on your goals.
3. Understand this - There is a lot of deception in the way these guru's present their programs as if you'll make a thousands of dollars easily. Sorry, one person working all alone is NOT going to have the success they claim. Yes, sometimes someone will hit on some really great niche and by accident perhaps they have a winner earning them money fast - but this is the exception to the rule, think of this as playing the lottery. Odds are it won't happen to you.
4. Learn what the "buying keywords" are for your aff program. Those are the keywords that will make your affiliate site a success.

Don't let these guru's rob you of your focus. Marks AB program is a winner. When you are an advanced aff marketer, making money on your aff sites, then you can perhaps consider spending money on some other type of program.

Lastly. I paid $1,000 for some CPA marketing training. It was a waste of money for me. NOT because the training was not good. But because I am too chicken to spend money on the ads. SEO is where I am comfortable because I know I can do it. So, think of where your comfort zone is before you try PPC or CPA or ??

You see... we buy because we are sucked into these really mind blowing sales letters/videos. We are sold on a dream. But when you are done, you have to think - can "I" do this? Will "I" do this?

Do you have the resources? Can you afford to hire an SEO service? Can you afford to outsource the work? If you cannot afford to outsource and if you are not able to work 10 hours doing menial tasks without ever getting distracted or bored of endlessly working on these mundane things... well, that program was a waste of your time and money.

Experienced marketers outsource almost EVERYTHING - BELIEVE IT!

This is just my personal reasons for failure and I believe it is a huge reason why most other people fail. My success has only begun recently and although I am not rich or making thousands a month, I am actually becoming more and more focused and I see the income increasing because of this focus.

How about you? If you have failed, help us learn from what you feel was the turning point for you toward success. AB was mine.

Thanks Again Mark for AB,
Chrisi
Need help? Looking for answers? I've coached 70+ students to 5 and 6 figure success. Private message me on FB for details on a one on one session for help knowing where to start your success or end your failure. https://www.facebook.com/netwoozy.gal

digiblue
Trust:
Wow what an honest and real post! I seriously felt what you were saying as your experience pretty much played out just like my own and I am sure a lot of other members can relate to this as well.

Sometimes I think the marketing world we are in is one sick and sinister industry, which is full of lies, scams and hype. It sucks newbies (and experienced marketers too) in and spits them out over and over and over again until we either quit marketing all together and look for the next pot of gold or we reach a moment of clarity...

That moment of clarity is when we realize that we have bought product launch after product launch, we receive over 15 emails from marketers every day to your inbox and we're so busy trying to "learn" and stay up to date with the latest hype that we skip over the one key thing that will make us money and that is ACTION (yes that horrible "A" word we all like to avoid). In this moment of clarity we devise a plan to do things differently and to take action on it by staying focused and we start picturing how great everything is going to turn out...

But then a funny thing always seems to happen, we reach that state of clarity but it is like a dream that soon fades away and then we are back to the cold dark reality of doing the same thing again. We know the trap intimately but we go and walk straight back into it. It is all too easy to get pulled back into the marketing madness, the seductive sale messages, the promise of ridiculous wealth in only X amount of days and that new product launch that just landed in our inbox which has been hyped up all over the Internet from different marketers and those bonus packages if we are buying through there link...

Finally there will be a day when you cannot go on any longer living like this, sooner or later it will hit, it could be a few months or a few years but it will come. It is that day when the record is scratched so many times it will not play anymore, or the final stick has been placed on the camels back, breaking it. It is a day when you finally break free of the marketing trance that your were stuck in for so long and you say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

All the B.S. shatters and you are left with one thing, that was always there and it was the key to everything...yes it is that "A" word again...ACTION. That is all that you need to do and you will achieve your affiliate marketing goals. Of course action without a detailed plan is a path to disaster, but if you have been learning and buying marketing courses for at least 6 months to 1 year you know just about all your need to know to make money.

Think about it honestly. It is pretty simple to make money online, you just need a proven plan, you guys have that in AffiloBlueprint and Affilorama. Then you just need to take action on that plan, build lots of websites in diversified niches, test out new keywords, write great content for both the search engines and real visitors and promote the hell out of all your Websites with a varied link building strategy.

Keep doing this over and over again, test everything! If one Website starts making money, scale it up by promoting it more and by adding more high quality content, heck even build another Website or two to compete with the one that is making you money.

If you have a Website that is not making money but has keywords ranking highly and your promoting a great product what do you do: PLENTY! Sell it, put adsense on it, use openx and run different banners and test different affiliate offers, set up an autoblog and get content delivered on autopilot, do anything but let it die a slow death like many online affiliate Websites.

If you are a newbie to affiliate marketing then I suggest you focus on no more than two courses or strategies at a time. Really learn them inside and out, become a master of them and apply everything that you have learned. Only purchase additional courses or systems when you start earning more money from your affiliate sites and you feel like you need to master new areas.

But seriously a course like Affiloblueprint is all you need for SEO affiliate Websites and maybe another course on promotion, maybe a software to automate a large chunk of the promotion and link building. If you want to focus on PPC then get a proven PPC course, if you do not know a good one ask on this forum (that is what is has been set up to do), send Mark or a moderator a PM.

But whatever you do, make sure you do not fall into the trap of juggling a handful of systems, courses or strategies all at one time otherwise you will fall into the dreaded analysis paralysis trap and you will feel overwhelmed and start looking for that big bright red and shiny button that says EJECT on it!

Another thing to add, when you start earning money, multiply your efforts by outsourcing, go slowly at first by outsourcing one article, then two and then maybe a header and then a 10 page Website. Outsourcing is a process that has a steep learning curve so tread slowly but it is so important to get into and start doing it.

If you are working full time and do not have time for your affiliate business then outsource small parts of it. You could start off small, $50 a month is what I started off with and then it grew over time. You need to start treating your business as an investment with a good return and with low overheads. Put money into it, if you don't have money then put time into it but it has to be one of the two or a combination.

Keep doing this for as long as it takes to make a good income and then fire that day job (if you choose to) and then say hello to sleeping in, working in your pajamas everyday, never knowing what day it is and forgetting to shave!

I have to end this here, it is late in Australia and I feel like I am rambling on now...

I would like to add to what smuigal/chris was saying and that is an invite for anyone else to share their experiences with online marketing or any spectacular or less than spectacular failures that you have had in your marketing journey.

Love to hear from you guys...
PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
Wow! Awesome posts guys!

Smuigal - yes, it definitely is easy to get distracted by some new course or system. In a way it's sort of a good thing that I'm too poor to buy anything new (and trust me, I've been very tempted from time to time).

I started AB last summer around the time that you first made that post about quitting your offline job. Success stories like yours and some of the other ones in the AB Success Story thread have really given me the motivation to stick with this program for such a long time.

Digiblue - Hey man, I totally agree. Maybe I've just read too many sales letters in the past six months, but I'm seriously getting jaded to all this marketing hype.

Also, I've really appreciated all the tools and tips you've shared here on the forum lately. I think you recommended Article Submission Helper to someone a few weeks ago. That thing is awesome! It helps me out a lot!
Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/

devintx
Trust:
Great thread. I have failed plenty and had my share of successes too.

Here are some things that have helped.

1. Have a separate email address for IM lists. I check that email every few weeks and it is a snake pit!. Yeah, you might be able get some tips here and there, but being exposed to too much IM bs is bad for business. Limit your exposure.

2. Have a budget. You need some money to get this off the ground, any business does. You have to outsource if you're going to scale this business. It will not go smoothly. You will fail. It will cost money. But, that's true whenever you try something new. If you're afraid to spend $15 on something, you won't be able to go through that very important trial-and-error process. For my business, there is a big difference between paying for *work* and paying for more IM courses. I have no problem paying for outsourcing, even if it sucks I learn something. I spend no money on new courses at this point because it's all pretty much the same, and Mark covers all of it very well in AB.

3. Don't expect something for nothing. If you could easily make money with little effort, everyone would do this. There is no such thing as something for nothing, and anyone that makes a lot of money has done a lot of work. There are exceptions to this, but they're rare. Don't be the fool looking to be the exception (guilty).

4. Business is business, online or off. I used to think that all the rules of business don't apply online, and it's just not true. You have to differentiate, you have to add value.

Ok, that's my rant for today.

Good luck to everyone in your business!

-Devin
The Challenge: $10k/mo in 365 days - www.devinelder.com

Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
Fantastic thread, guys. I reckon this is awesome stuff and everyone needs to read it... would anyone mind horribly if I took some extracts and posted it on the blog? Full credit where credit is due, of course :)
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

digiblue
Trust:
Go for it Aletta! All good with me
swaffi
Trust:
Great post digiblue, I really enjoyed reading it and appreciate the time you spent on it. I am a newbie to this game and am considering buying Affilioblueprint and taking the steps needed. I know what you guys are on about when you talk about IM programs/promotions that flood your inbox, a seperate email account is a must, anyway it is late here too in the most southern part of Australia but I have to stay awake, I'm working. Thanks again digiblue and Smuigal for your very good posts!....Regards

Grant
smuigal
Trust:
Yep, Aletta, I'm also happy to have you post this info. More people would be successful if they were not so overwhelmed and gained control of their focus. There is plenty of room to have us all become a success.

I really enjoyed your post as well, Digiblue. :)

Chrisi
Need help? Looking for answers? I've coached 70+ students to 5 and 6 figure success. Private message me on FB for details on a one on one session for help knowing where to start your success or end your failure. https://www.facebook.com/netwoozy.gal

devintx
Trust:
Aletta, that is fine with me!

Thanks to Smuigal & Digiblue for the time you spent on this.

-Devin
The Challenge: $10k/mo in 365 days - www.devinelder.com

wollowra
Trust:
Yep, Awesome thread folks.
( Digibue love this comment - "It sucks newbies (and experienced marketers too) in and spits them out over and over and over again until we either quit marketing all together and look for the next pot of gold or we reach a moment of clarity..." )

I think the most important thing that was mentioned in this thread is FOCUS and ACTION.

For new guys, jumping here and there will set you back and you will either get confused and/or overwhelmed.

That is what is so good about Mark's blueprint.
It is a system that you can follow that has been proven to work.
Don't reinvent the wheel. You can do your own thing later on when you are making some money and can experiment and test some more on your own terms.
I am not saying Mark's system is the be all and end all, as there are plenty of great systems to follow.
The point is to follow one and stick with it.
Unsubscribe from all the lists that you are on and maybe follow a maximum of 5 that provide great info and help you on the course that you are following.

Anyway, great thread folks.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
sandra72
Trust:
Chrisi,

Thank you for sharing! I have had many of the same experiences. When I have not succeeded at one niche or another, or a particular website it was often because of FOCUS. I was doing too many things at one time and didn't devote enough to one particular site.

On PPC I only use Adwords when I can track conversions. There have been a couple of ad campaigns that have made me a lot of $ because I knew exactly how much profit I was making on each one. But with affiliate marketing tracking is often not possible so that is a drawback.

The cool thing about SEO is that once your sites rank for those keywords as long as you continue to build content at least at a minimal level, you'll keep good rankings, and good sales.

It does take a lot of time to build an internet business on the front end and I think that is what discourages a lot of people. Sometimes it takes a few tries before finding the niche that is best for you also. To anyone who might be in this boat, hang in there. A real income from online marketing is within your reach!
Cause Blogger: http://causeblogger.com

mrubiquitous
Trust:
I can absolutely relate to the "hype" of affiliate and network marketing, all the get rich quick schemes of which I have unfortunately been on both sides of the playing field with, pitching the programs and receiving the pitch. I would have to disagree with one point, the author stated that you could not usually find success working all alone and that you may get lucky finding a niche. No one gets lucky in this business, it is hard work. The ones who don't "get lucky" are the ones who quit before the job is done. And I have met quite a few individuals who made and make a substantial income working alone, of course they have learned the value of leverage to increase income, but I personally know of an individual who makes 6 figures a year on article marketing alone.

There are many great programs out there among the "road apples" (a Yankee term for B.S.) but sifting through the chaff to get to the wheat is sometimes more work than it needs to be. Pick 2 things like the author said, get good at them, when you put them on autopilot, go get 2 more.

That is my 2 cents, pence or pesos...depending on where you are.
andi76
Trust:
Wow! great posts!
Finally someone writing a story ┬┤that makes sense. I am a total newbie (heard about I.M. only 3 months ago) and I'm experiencing these things on a daily basis. It's ruddy hard to stay on the right track and keep on learning, not dreaming.
So true about learning one thing at a time. Take one strategy and stick at it.That's hard enough already.

Affilorama and its forum confirm the suspicions I had about I.M. But they also give me confidence that it is possible to have success in A.M.

Thanks all!
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hey great post Chris and I appreciate your comments about AB.

When I was at Affiliate Summit recently, I found it interesting that all the internet millionaires that I met (which was 20+) were making the vast majority of their incomes from 1 or 2 niches, and only 2 or 3 main forms of marketing (e.g. ppc, email marketing, seo, etc).

While I personally have succeeded in dozens of different niches (which is contrary to what I've found of most other marketers), it is very interesting to look at what most others have done. In hindsight I probably would have done a lot better by focusing on less niches, however I possibly wouldn't have had as much fun int he process and more importantly, perhaps some of my earlier choices of niches wouldn't have been the best 1 or 2 anyway.

Another couple of traits that I've noticed for a long time that seems to separate successful from unsuccessful people are that successful people are people who take action and are willing to fail fast and learn quick. They also have an unstoppable motivation and drive to succeed.

Unsuccessful people tend to procrastinate (they want to know everything first, often over educating themselves before taking any action at all), and also often they have many negative thoughts and doubts running through their minds which leads them to give up at any hurdles.

Anyway, the reason I gave my above comments were because I don't think it is a bad thing to buy other people's courses, but you must make sure that they fit into helping you in your plan (or if you don't have a plan yet, that the product will help you form one).

Your plan doesn't need to be too expansive (the best online marketers are usually focused on one or two niches and usually are mainly focused on only 2 or 3 forms of marketing). So if you already have 2 or 3 forms of marketing mastered (or at least know how to get started) and you have your 1 or 2 niches, plus you must know some copy-writing skills of course, then you don't need to buy any more 'shiny' objects, unless you know in yourself that you are ready for more OR the new shiny object helps you to further enhance your marketing within one of your current skill bases OR the product will help you specifically in your main niche.

I hope the above wasn't too complicated, it is almost 1am here and I'm about to head to bed, but that's my brain dump for the evening and I hope it helps some of you to keep on track and keep focused.

All the best,
Mark
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

smuigal
Trust:
Hi Mark,

"They also have an unstoppable motivation and drive to succeed."

Absolutely true in my case. I have actually had to stop a few times due to illness, and one time I was so devastated by one of my program/plans that ended up in the trash I tossed in the towel for a year I think. But I enjoy working online. I love to help people and I believe in this business and I believe in myself.

I also think that if people can find places like Affilorama and a few other people who like you, Mark, want to give back instead of take, take, take, then they will have a much higher success rate.

I have always known that for me it was focus and having a plan. My husband has also been wonderful as he has seen how hard I work and never tells me to give up and get a "real" job. He believes in me too while he may not have a clue about this business, he supports me and that is extremely helpful.

Oh, and on that note... How many of you guys find your friends sort of go into this like, FLAT LINE communication zone when you start talking about what you do online? Lol... it is actually pretty funny sometimes to see how glassy eye'd my friends become when they ask me what I do and when I give them the answer, they are like.... "...............................?"

:)
Chrisi

Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
Oh, and on that note... How many of you guys find your friends sort of go into this like, FLAT LINE communication zone when you start talking about what you do online? Lol... it is actually pretty funny sometimes to see how glassy eye'd my friends become when they ask me what I do and when I give them the answer, they are like.... "...............................?"

I get "So... is that like spamming?" all the time.

ALL. THE. TIME.
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
smuigal wrote:Oh, and on that note... How many of you guys find your friends sort of go into this like, FLAT LINE communication zone when you start talking about what you do online? Lol... it is actually pretty funny sometimes to see how glassy eye'd my friends become when they ask me what I do and when I give them the answer, they are like.... "...............................?"

LOL! Yeah, I just met up with some friends for the first time in awhile this weekend and they pretty much think I just "push a button" and make money. Given how simple affiliate marketing is (send people that want to buy stuff to people that sell stuff), I'm really surprised at how hard it is for most people to understand it.
Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/

PremiumMember
spunky
Trust:
Great post.... nearly spat out my drink when I read " FLAT LINE communication zone ". Very true.

Learn, focus, action, action, action...

Learned long time ago, you throw enough crap against a wall... something eventually sticks. This will happen with anything. Persistence is key. However, you add a good plan(affiliorama) to the mix.. crap sticks more often than not. Sorry to be gross here but it's the truth.

Zig Ziglar used to say "success occurs when opportunity meets preparation". The info on this site is more enough to prepare people, only thing left is to seize the opportunity.

Again, lovely post and very real. I like that.
keithdhd
Trust:
I get "So... is that like spamming?" all the time.

ALL. THE. TIME.

I got so fed up with this that I just say "I do websites and internet stuff" now. Come to think of it that doesn't sound much better does it?
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
I got so fed up with this that I just say "I do websites and internet stuff" now. Come to think of it that doesn't sound much better does it?

I say "I make the internet".
That gets a chuckle.
Then you apologise for the fact that internet banking is so slow around lunch time, and say that it's not really your fault.

accent09
Trust:
Oh guys, you can't believe how much I enjoyed reading this whole thread !

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

And yes, Chrisi, I totally know the reaction I get from family and friends when I try telling them about IM. Sometimes I think I see pity in their eyes, like I lost my marbles or something...

Focus and Action is the way to go but it's not easy to do, at least not for me.It's something I have to remind myself daily.

Thanks again for starting this discussion and reassuring a few of us that we are not loosing it....
wollowra
Trust:
I Just gotta add this one guys...
A friend called me today and I haven't spoken to him in 6 mths.
After a couple of minutes I got the stock standard question that always comes up in conversations...
"Sooo, you still doin' that internet thing"
lmao

Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

backhoe48
Trust:
I haven't been in here for a while because I've been busy elsewhere, but I'm glad I poked my nose in today and read this heart warming thread.

I too would like to "borrow" some extracts to place on my own blog if possible.

Something I've found to be beneficial is to post on other people's blogs and encourage others to post on yours if you have comments enabled.

It serves in a couple of ways. Firstly by posting elsewhere, as long as you add the URL of your site in the box usually provided, you are creating backlinks to your own blog and secondly, by having other people post on your blog you are getting free content.

When you start to post on other blogs,most experienced blog owners will reciprocate by posting on yours.

Whatever you do...avoid spamming at all cost. Akismet will usually pick it up but, you if you insist on spamming, it won't be long before you will be known as a spammer.

So by all means use other peoples blogs to your advantage in a good way but never try posting affiliate links etc on someone else's blog unless you're invited to do so, or you will be banned very quickly and your budding reputation will suffer!

From memory I think that if you are using the ABP theme, you are only creating pages (unless it's changed) but you can enable comments if you wish from your dash board. Just go to "settings>> discussion" and tick the appropriate boxes.

While there are heaps of free wordpress tutorial videos available on Utube, a site which I've found to be very handy although sometimes a little out of date is the following: http://mcbuzz.wordpress.com/wordpress-tutorials-complete-list/

I'm off now to post on a couple of the blogs belonging to a couple of the people who posted on here. :-)

Sean K
PremiumMember
spunky
Trust:
LMAO wollowra,

Family thinks I'm dealing drugs... that's how far-out the concept of IM is to them. I get "yeah, mkay.. sure you do *wink*". It's been over 6 years since I started IM. I think they're slow.
mesoforum
Trust:
can any one discuss about this topic more.. I need more information about this topic.. Thanks
Last edited by aletta on 17 Mar 10 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spammers will have their accounts deleted.

seo services
affordable seo services
logo for company
software logo design

jojo21
Trust:
Thank you Smuigal!!
I was meant to read this today! Yesterday I put a stop to a lot of promo emails I was getting..and yes...spending time reading! Then today wasted an hour or so doing it all again. Had a shower and told myself off and sat down and went to Affilorama and read your post. Thank you and thanks to all the others for their experiences.
I paid $1 for a 7 day trial and canceled too late. Lost $US97..$NZ138 (which was ongoing cost each month) Wrote 5 emails to Guru but no reply.Straight to my Bank and wanted to cancel and was told this happens a lot! I canceled my Credit card and upgraded it. Happened to go to L.A. (near where Guru lives) and posted copies of emails from Bank's Credit Card help line and all my emails and 3 weeks later it was canceled. (Maybe he had found out no more money was coming from old Credit Card!) Whew! Big lesson learned.
Now I am only going to follow you Mark!
The only benefit has been a lot of knowledge about ways of doing IM which has helped me clarify which way I will go.
So now I have to clear my mind and FOCUS and APPLY.
Thanks again.
Jo
chris72
Trust:
Tee Hee,

"How many of you guys find your friends sort of go into this like, FLAT LINE communication zone when you start talking about what you do online? Lol... it is actually pretty funny sometimes to see how glassy eye'd my friends become when they ask me what I do and when I give them the answer, they are like.... "...............................?"

Yeah, that's after the look of shock - for some reason people still assume that when you say "I work online" you really mean "I'm doing Internet porn!"

The glazed look sets in as soon as you mention that you 'write articles and stuff', you can almost hear the la la music start up in their brain!

Glad its not just a small town NZ thing :o)

Chris
Kick-Butt Writing Services http://rachaelmcnaught.com

Outstanding Quality PLR Packs http://niche-plr-products.com

Learn to be a Digital Writer http://thedigitalwriter.net/

digiblue
Trust:
spunky wrote:LMAO wollowra,

Family thinks I'm dealing drugs... that's how far-out the concept of IM is to them. I get "yeah, mkay.. sure you do *wink*". It's been over 6 years since I started IM. I think they're slow.

This is the exact response that I still get after all these years. Too funny!

This topic was started on Mar 04, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.