Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Learn from my biggest mistake!

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:

Learn from my biggest mistake!

Well, it's been a little while since I have been in here. That's been mainly my fault. I went on vacation, and made some changes to my site. Then, I began working on a traffic strategy to build traffic to my site. I'm hoping that the traffic strategy will start paying off soon. If I can get to the point where I can free up some time, I might try the strategy on a new site to see what kind of results I get, but to do that, I need to free up some time, which means getting my site making some more money, first.

See, although I've been "doing" this for a while, I wasn't really working at it. I was "going through the motions" so to speak. Making very minimalistic effort. Part of it was fear on my part. Some of it was I got to a point in the training where I was hearing about strategies no longer working, so I kept putting things off.

Then, two weeks ago, I bit the bullet and buckled down. I realized things in my offline job don't seem to be getting any better, and are in fact worse than they were about a year ago in some respects. So, I decided to take matters in my own hands and am trying to work hard to get traffic going to my site so I can start making money.

Oh, just through knowing how to do good keyword research, I was getting about 10 to 15 visits a day from Google. Considering I only had one or two keywords ranking at the time, I thought that was pretty good. But I was still being very lazy in my approach.

Since making an effort and pushing myself, I have nearly tripled the amount of traffic I am getting on a regular basis. I am starting to see my site trend upward in the analytics... Something I only saw spikes on before, like when I did guest posts here.

I'm still integrating and learning how to do the work faster and more efficiently, but even the effort I have done so far I'm seeing improvements.

The lesson here, for those who are new (or who may have been around a while) is that what was wrong with my site WAS NOT the lessons learned here. In fact, even though I did convert from a static site to a blog, most of what I am using I learned here, I just haven't been using it with consistent effort. So before you throw the course in the "trash", ask yourself "Have I really given it consistent effort? Have I really been listening to the training and following what it says?" If the answer to these two questions is "no", before running off and buying another course, commit to applying what you are learning with consistent effort.

You may have to seek out help elsewhere for one or two things, but you will most likely use techniques you learn here, just in a different strategy perhaps, to make it work for you.
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

PremiumMember
newstart
Trust:
I glad to hear you have made a change that will bring about success!

I too, have made the same error of not being fully behind an effort as I should. I can promise that the simple attitude change will create the results you desire.

Good luck!

Margene
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Thanks for sharing your experience, Grady. I'm happy to hear that you're making things work for you and that you are using what you have learnt here :)

They say that the journey is more important than the destination so what matters most are the knowledge and skills that you gain and the relationships that you build as you travel towards your goal. I'm sure you have grown as a person through your experiences.

All the best!
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Its about time. been telling you that from the beginning. even old dogs like you can learn new tricks :D
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
Hi Grady, welcome back :)

A 300% improvement in traffic is great :)

Yeah, there is a lot of talk about how some of the training is outdated, but it still works for me anyway. I'm glad you're getting better results by getting all the way in.
Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/

caro11
Trust:
Good on you,

I guess that's what it's all about, using what you've learnt you're own way

stick to the 'devil you know' - not that i can afford to buy different courses :))

My best incentive too: my day job sucks eggs!!

Caro

ps/

Best inspiration: i like your blog Clayton. I was passing through here looking at article services :)) and counting the costs.
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Grady,

I appreciate your sharing this with us. I'm sure a lot of members (and us staff too) will learn a lot from your experience.

I wish you and your websites continued growth and success! :)

Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
great post on your Blog Clayton. I think I need to go get drunk so I can write some more :D

Caro, you don't have to buy new courses anyway.. just get out there and follow the blueprint, then test different things for yourself. you can learn a lot really quickly once you know the fundamentals that AB teaches.

mikej3070
Trust:
Hi Grady,
I, without an iota doubt, admit to your position of committing mistakes here and there rather blaming it on something else. Though I have still not yet made a dim from internet marketing, but still hope to do, I know I commit a lot of blunders in the course of my studies.
I'm happy this will change my attitude for the better.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
admitting mistakes is one key factor to succeeding in any business. I see people all the time make huge mistakes and blame their failure on others.

caro11
Trust:
jmpruitt wrote:great post on your Blog Clayton. I think I need to go get drunk so I can write some more :D

Caro, you don't have to buy new courses anyway.. just get out there and follow the blueprint, then test different things for yourself. you can learn a lot really quickly once you know the fundamentals that AB teaches.

HI James

I bought Afilliojetpack not Affiloblueprint, (maybe my biggest mistake) that's why I visit Affiloblueprint members blogs sometimes, to get some tips, but I usually end up popping back to the lessons corner from time to time. I haven't been to yours for a while. Will do soon though. I'm getting caught up in keyword research for articles, right now. Could you tell me, when having articles written for my site, should I use the same keywords that are on the website or use new ones.

Thanks
Caro
PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
@James, Ha ha! Thanks! A degenerate like me will look for any excuse to drink (especially while "working"). I forgot to mention this in the blog too, but I also listen to stand up comics to improve my writing skills. I figure people pay money to hear them perform, so maybe they'll pay me money if I can write in an entertaining way... My favorite inspiration is Brian Regan :)

@Caro, I think there's a lot of value in AJP, so don't write it off yet. I think the keyword research section is maybe a bit lacking, but other than that, it's pretty much what you could expect from AB (plus all those sick auto-responders emails!).

For keyword research, go check out Niche Profit Classroom. I haven't looked at them lately, but they used to have what they called the Money Word Matrix as one of the teaser videos to get you to buy. You can watch it for free, though, and it's totally golden for keyword research.

Or you can check out my keyword research guide here (I hope it's okay to link to this...):

http://www.journeyofmyown.com/4000-word ... -research/

It's a bit long, but it pays the bills :)

@Grady, Are you doing NaNoWriMo this year? I've been wanting to do that for, like, 5 years now. Just too busy. Who knows, I might try it out :)
Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Hey Caro, Clayton beat me to the punch but he is dead right. the keyword research isn't really that bad though. actually it is pretty similar to what he taught in AB, except he looked at lower search volumes.

When you say getting articles for your site, do you mean for the site itself? if so, you want those to target the keywords that you want to rank for. if you mean syndication, I generally choose different keywords for those.

caro11
Trust:
jmpruitt wrote:Hey Caro, Clayton beat me to the punch but he is dead right. the keyword research isn't really that bad though. actually it is pretty similar to what he taught in AB, except he looked at lower search volumes.

When you say getting articles for your site, do you mean for the site itself? if so, you want those to target the keywords that you want to rank for. if you mean syndication, I generally choose different keywords for those.

Hi James

I think syndication ... which means more keyword research, blaaah! I bet they're all here in front of me but I'm complicating things.
I'm looking for keywords for article marketing (from the services offered deals) never done that before.

Thanks

Caro

ps/ i might have to take in a bit of alcohol just for a bit of K.I.S.S
caro11
Trust:
cterao wrote:@James, Ha ha! Thanks! A degenerate like me will look for any excuse to drink (especially while "working"). I forgot to mention this in the blog too, but I also listen to stand up comics to improve my writing skills. I figure people pay money to hear them perform, so maybe they'll pay me money if I can write in an entertaining way... My favorite inspiration is Brian Regan :)

@Caro, I think there's a lot of value in AJP, so don't write it off yet. I think the keyword research section is maybe a bit lacking, but other than that, it's pretty much what you could expect from AB (plus all those sick auto-responders emails!).

For keyword research, go check out Niche Profit Classroom. I haven't looked at them lately, but they used to have what they called the Money Word Matrix as one of the teaser videos to get you to buy. You can watch it for free, though, and it's totally golden for keyword research.

Or you can check out my keyword research guide here (I hope it's okay to link to this...):

http://www.journeyofmyown.com/4000-word ... -research/

It's a bit long, but it pays the bills :)

@Grady, Are you doing NaNoWriMo this year? I've been wanting to do that for, like, 5 years now. Just too busy. Who knows, I might try it out :)

Hi Clayton,

Serves me right for being greedy. The sales pitch for Affilojetpacks did its' job with all those figures.lol
That is one of the pages on your blog, that I got reinspired again, especially with Market Samurai, which I bought when trying the 30 day challenge a couple of years back I think, but I'll have to wait until I get a faster pc of laptop. It goes that slow on this old computer, I want to scream.

I'm copying your article marketing experiments (because I can still count my backlinks on two hands) rather than PPC marketing (don't know who I think I am) but will at it later on maybe.

Anyway , will go back to that page (long but interesting) and click on Niche Profit Classroom and see if I can learn an easy way with keywords for me, that won't do my head in too much!!

Good luck with your experiments

ps/ that's why I like your blog, you're like a stand up comic!! LOL.

Cheers
Caro
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
I think what Mark teaches for keyword research is just fine. I've followed his method, for the most part, for finding keywords.

The area I think needs to be enhanced is the traffic strategy. The links building, as described in his system, seems to me to be getting more and more difficult to do, mostly because of changes at Google.

Writing articles, blog commenting... These are still great techniques (though I haven't decided about spinning, yet). But the way they are combined into a strategy for building traffic, that's where the system could really use updating.

As for those who think the system doesn't work at all, I would say to ask yourself if you have truly given forth the effort to make it work? I knew that I had not. So I began putting forth that effort, trying to find what strategy for building traffic would work for me, based on what I've read here, in other places, and what I've experienced for myself. If you have truly done all you can, you have your pages more or less like the way suggested here, and you are getting 100 people a day or more but haven't made a sale, then, maybe. but if you haven't, then look inward before blaming the system.

Ctero, I am thinking of doing NaNo, though I think I will not sacrifice the gains I have made so far in my site to win at it this year. I do have several stories already that need to be edited. I do have an idea, though, that needs a little fleshing out. We'll see. Since I've been talking a lot about my NaNo experiences on my Success Building Blocks site anyway, I'll probably keep people abreast of my progress there.

Thanks all for the support and encouragement. Keep pressing on with consistent effort, and you can reach your dreams!
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

caro11
Trust:
@ gradyp that's true, Marks' keyword research is fine. Maybe the problem is when it becomes tedious, and you start doubting whether the work you've already done on your website is correct or not, you start to wander a bit, but you should actually take a break from it all, (talking about me). But, isn't it all riveting!!

Anyway I got some more inspiration from your website, which is easy to be at, with no distractions! I clicked on Marie Forleo, what a fabulous lady, and signed up to her newsletter. She has some really positive inspirations that I really liked concerning your day job and when you think life dealt you a sh*t sandwich.

Best of Luck and Good Management

Caro
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
I understand that.

I think the problem people have with keyword research is either too broad a term, or if they have a great group of keywords, they make all they're page headings just the keywords instead of a proper, attention getting headline. That, or there isn't enough of a variety in their keywords so that it seems everything on the site is about the same thing.

I have to give Mark credit for introducing me to her through Amazing Self. I've been enjoying her stuff over the last few weeks.

Good luck to you, Caro!

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
yep. I have been Following Maria Too. I have found loads of really great people to follow through Mark's Amazing Self program. he is doing an awesome job with that.

This topic was started on Sep 21, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.