Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Keyword Research - Tacking on an Extra Word...

PremiumMember
shalisha42
Trust:

Keyword Research - Tacking on an Extra Word...

Hello everyone! I have a question. When I do a search for a specific keyword, for example, "chocolate cream pie" and let's say the search comes back with high volume search and low competition but I want to really target the phrase "free chocolate cream pie" and when I put that particular phrase it into my keyword research tool, it doesn't come back with any search volume, does that mean the whole phrase is no longer good even though "chocolate cream pie" had really good amount of searches and low competition? Can I use the phrase "free chocolate cream pie" and still expect to get the same results as I would had I just used "chocolate cream pie"? I guess what I'm saying is if I tack on an extra word that changes the kw phrase, does that mean the stats for the core keyword phrase no longer count because it is now a completely different keyword?
Warm Regards,

Shalisha

PremiumMember
avidpoet
Trust:
Sometimes you'd find that you will rank for "chocolate cream pie" or even "cream pie" depending on how many links you have going to the page that has that phrase on it. You may be the only one ranking for "free chocolate cream pie" but you may also rank for "chocolate cream pie" and "cream pie" Hope that helps but Im no expert.
PremiumMember
shalisha42
Trust:
Thanks for the response... when you say "depending on how many links you have going to the page with that phrase..." Do you mean if I've published articles to several directories with anchor text links to that kw phrase in each article?
Warm Regards,

Shalisha

PremiumMember
avidpoet
Trust:
Out of pure boredom and curiosity I went and put "free chocolate cream pie" in quotes in Google and this coversation is ranking on the first page in the fourth position lol...

Yeah thats what Im saying. If you have 100 articles out there all talking about free chocolate cream pie you will rank for it you may also rank for other variations of the phrase but that depends on the competition.
PremiumMember
shalisha42
Trust:
Okay thanks.. btw, that wasn't the real kw, I just didn't want to give away my niche so I used that instead... thank you!
Warm Regards,

Shalisha

PremiumMember
avidpoet
Trust:
Oh I knew it wasnt but you did make me hungry. Glad I could help
PremiumMember
shalisha42
Trust:
LOL
Warm Regards,

Shalisha

This topic was started on Jun 11, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.