Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Just to say Hi !

chezza.rushton
Trust:

Just to say Hi !

Hello everyone

I’ve just joined Affilarama after an awful experience with buying a readymade affiliate website and being abandoned by the seller.
I've been trying to make a living online for literally years now. My home is littered with products and e-books, frantically purchased before ‘the last 20 copies are sold’. What an idiot. I've felt out of sync with having a regular job for a long time now. I've been very lucky in as much as I've always had a very rewarding career in the caring profession but I now want a better lifestyle for both myself and my family. Apart from my immediate family who have always been amazingly supportive, the few people I have told about my ventures online have barely contained the urge to pat me on the head, such is their patronising !!

To try and make a very long story short, six months ago I bought a website from Flippa.com. I bought a site in the health and wellbeing niche as myself, my husband and our son eat healthily and exercise regularily. I explained to the seller that I had never owned a website before and had no idea how to manage one but would work as hard as necessary to make it a success. He assured me that he would work with me one to one for 30 days in order for me to achieve this. In fact he asked me if I would test the software he had devised and used to build the website, before he marketed it. Being inexperienced, I could highlight any problems a newbie might encounter and he could then make any changes, all at absolutely no cost to myself. I couldn’t believe it and was excited to be given this opportunity. He even gave me his cellphone number to speak to him if I needed to. He then suddenly disappeared offline completely for four months !! I was absolutely gutted but at the same time felt something was genuinely wrong as I trusted him 100%. So I waited............ NINE weeks ago he appeared back online. I emailed him and he replied a few days later by apologising and said that he had to take time off for family issues. He asked if I had performed certain tasks since communication between us broke down. I responded by wishing him well, answered his questions and was looking forward to working with him again.............that was SEVEN weeks ago. I emailed him again six weeks ago and made it clear that I had purchased the site in good faith, wished he and his family well but was very disappointed that he had not responded and could he please let me know if he was unwilling or unable to help me as promised, so that I could look for help elsewhere. Again, I have received no response. He is still tweeting and marketing his business. In fact, he is promoting MY WEBSITE as 10 days old (as recently as a few hours ago) and having 100 page one rankings which it has not. I think that potentially I have a great affiliate website. http://www.HealthyLiving-Today.com Although it has had zero input from myself, from June to September the unique visitors have gone from 214 to 551 and from 2,982 visits to 7,373. However, as far as I know the affiliate links are all still linked to him but I have found out how to change them and have started doing so. I’m starting to receive requests to exchange links and also receiving a few subscribers but I don't know how to make a newsletter and I feel I'm doing visitors to the site a great injustice. He promotes it as built by himself which is true but also as still owned by himself. There are also links to his other websites and products which I have to get rid of. Fortunately, I am familiar with my control panel and I can find my way around worpress.

I know it’s going to take a lot of work to make this a viable site and at the moment I'm feeling pretty deflated but I’m even more determined to make my dream a reality and reading many of the posts on this forum has helped to restore my faith in humanity. Everyone seems so friendly and supportive of each other. I’m looking forward to sharing advice and experiences with everyone. If there’s one saying that keeps me going, it’s...............

Winners never quit and quitters never win !!!!
PremiumMember
newstart
Trust:
You are welcome. I hope we can be of help. I will vouch for everyone's willingness to assist one another.

Good luck! Things will get better.

Margene
chezza.rushton
Trust:
Thanks Margene, I really appreciate that. I have a feeling that I'm in the right place now. I just hope everyone is ready for the trillion questions I have !
margarita
Trust:
hI,
i am just new too after having made a few costly mistakes, and losing a lot of valuable time.
So far, my experience here with everyone at Affilorama has been extremely positive.
Am writing this, to testify to the fact that you have made a good choice this time.
Also, I wouldnt waste too much time on past failures. We have all had them.
Just try to move on!
chezza.rushton
Trust:
Hi margarita

Thank you for your support and yes, you're so right I have really let this failure get to me.

I think it was because I was dealing with a real person, if you know what I mean and I trusted him 100%

I'm so over it now. Going to channel all that frustration into making my dream come true of making a living online.

The best of luck to you too !

Cheryl
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Welcome to Affilorama, Cheryl!

I'm sorry to hear about what happened but I'm sure you've learnt a lot from your experience.

I hope you have changed your passwords and are using stronger ones. Never make your log in username ADMIN since that is too easy to guess. Use your usernames that are long and hard to crack. Just make sure you have it written down in a secure place.

Also, make sure that you have changed ALL the previous owner's affiliate links. I could see different affiliate ID's when I checked your links. Remove links that point to the his site since (usually) the affiliate networks/merchants give credit to the last affiliate. If he is an affiliate of the product you are promoting on your site and your visitor goes to his site then buys the product, he will get credited for the sale and you'll lose your commission.

I would also recommend removing your Adsense ads. These can distract your visitors/ potential buyers from clicking your affiliate links. And I think these are credited to the previous owner (since it says 9 sites by this AdSense ID and I believe this is your first site) so you won't earn anything from it.
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

This topic was started on Oct 16, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.