Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Just Joined and Could REALLY Use Some Guidance! :)

sirlancelot
Trust:

Just Joined and Could REALLY Use Some Guidance! :)

Hello Everyone!

Saw the $1 offer and couldn't refuse taking advantage of this!

I have pretty much have most of the weekend to really dive into this so i REALLY want to make the most of my time... not get sidetracked w/ non-essential activities or learning.

Basically my goal is to work my butt off to at least see that I can earn the $67 to stick around and continue to learn and grow here.

I could REALLY use from pro-advice as to how to structure my time,

ie. Spend 2 hours learning the basics, spend 4 hours finding an affiliate, spend 4 hours researching how to market it, spend 2 hours getting it set up--- granted this will be different for each person but I want to try and start some momentum w/ this ASAP so i'll have a financial reason to stick w/ this--- and i'm certainly willing to put in the time/effort but i would like to avoid hitting my head against the wall as much as possible :)

For instance, I am trying to follow Simon's "where do I start?" and he mentions i'll find the answer to "do i need a website?" which is totally where i'm at!! and i can't find the answer to that!! lol... so frustrating :)

Again, willing to put that xtra effort if it's really needed, but if i can get by w/out one to start, i'd rather go that route so i can avoid possible frustration of building a site (like building a blog--- *yeesh*) and make sure i have time to actually focus on promoting/marketing something successfully.

Also, at this point i don't feel like i need to pick the perfect program and the perfect marketing strategy---

If someone w/ some experience could say use this program, and use this method to start, it's simple, it works,... awesome! that's just what i need :)

Then i'm all for getting more specific, detailed and tailored to me as i get better at this :)

Wow--- if u read through all this you're AMAZING!!

Thanks for your help :)

Lance
reeeldeeel
Trust:
Welcome Lance

i'm pretty new to this myself but i can give you a couple pointers i wish i had known from day one. there are three things any newbie should do. they are:
1. create at least one dedicated email for the business only. more than one is even better. in this you should try to blend in your niche keywords or your website name if you can. ideeally something short, memorable and relevant. this will be your username in a lot of places so think about it first. when you see 'primary email' on an opt-in form, think 'business email'. you'll be glad it is seperate from all your other email. many concerns won't take a yahoo email address, so gmail is a better option.
2. be careful what you pick for your username everywhere. this along with your passwords will be something you enter over and over again. it is usually what other people will know you by. done right, it can become your brand name, a great thing to have down the road later. in the short term, the simpler the better. your username is an identity you create, so mke sure you like it.
3. write it down! record keeping can be tedious but it can save your efforts from being wasted. you can start with just a journal, but dates and dollar amounts will become more important later, long after you have moved on to other things. when you wish you could make sense of the mess, your records will save your life.
4. OK, i know i said three, but in this business it pays to over-deliver.
pay close attention to the terms and conditions, especially guarantees. make sure you are willing to comply with whatever responibilities come with the sign-up. sooner or later you will wish you had your money back for something. planning ahead can save you money and you're going to need it.

You can find more good information at tiredworkerhobreviews.com/articles
until next time, happy trails and safe travels, ed.
Ed Elledge has been in marketing for over 20 years and was using networked computers before there was an internet.
You may know of him from his insightful and decisive writings at Authornation.com where he is known as reeeldeeep.
You could look it up.

Find more solutions to your own Home Online Business problems at http://www.yourownhomeonlinebusinesssystem.com

sirlancelot
Trust:
Thanks for those tips!

Certainly appreciate some solid advice on staying organized :)

Thanks again!!

Lance
reeeldeeel
Trust:
hey lance,
it's good you plan to work hard at this, i can tell you up front it is ALWAYS more work than anyone tells you.
two other factors are huge. time is the biggest factor for there is one hell of a learning curve. it isn't hard to learn, but it does take time. i'm glad you have a good chunk of time to spend, but it will take more than just your weekends unless you want to grow slowly.
by the way, taking it slow is a good idea, as far as trying things goes. it's real easy to get overwhelmed by all the sudden emails and offers.
the other thing is money. if you don't have much, then it takes more time. many time consuming tasks can be automated for a price, but it's good to try your hand at doing them yourself first. you'll pick up on that as you go.
as for a website, you really do need one to make the most of Internet Marketing. you can start learning the business without one. in fact it may work better that way. make sure you know what you are getting into first, and if you decide to host a web site you'll have a better idea what yours should be. the web site is the doorway other people use to get to you so it needs to be structured to suit your needs.
remember, two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.
happy trails, ed.
Ed Elledge has been in marketing for over 20 years and was using networked computers before there was an internet.
You may know of him from his insightful and decisive writings at Authornation.com where he is known as reeeldeeep.
You could look it up.

Find more solutions to your own Home Online Business problems at http://www.yourownhomeonlinebusinesssystem.com

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hi Lance,

If you are looking for step-by-step by-the-hand training, then check out AffiloBlueprint: www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Affilorama Premium contains great software tools to make things easier and give you a competitive advantage over other afffiliates, it also contains hosting, a monthly magazine focusing in detail on a different topic each month (so that you can get an all-round knowledge of internet marketing and keep yourself up to date - this is a business after all, you'll want to keep growing your skillset, e.g. email marketing, pay per click, buying and selling websites, blogging, etc), it also contains monthly private label rights articles and some other bonuses (make sure you watch those videos in the bonuses, they are good training).

If I were you I'd start with watching the welcome video, then go through the blogging bootcamp. Get a 20 page website online as soon as you can, that way you have something to play with. Even if you make mistakes, that's fine, fail fast and learn from your mistakes fast. Don't be tentative and think you need to know everything to get started as learning by doing is the best way in this industry.

If you aren't sure which niche to choose, try one of the following (there are many more but these all have good money in them):

how to save your relationship / win your ex back
xbox 360 repair
how to attract women
how to make money online (you don't have to be a 'guru' you can be the affiliate of other products in this industry)

There are many other niches, but one of those is as good as any. The good thing about big niches is that there is more money in the 'pie', so you don't have to do as well to make at least some money in it.

All the best and the main thing is that you take action every day in some way to bring you closer to your goal. Start by setting yourself a 30 day plan to make sure you stick at this for at least 30 minutes a day (longer is fine, but I say 30 mins as a minimum as that is sustainable every day).

Mark
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

troskell
Trust:
HI, I am a relative newbie (to affiliate marketing) too and bought Mark's Affiloblueprint and am just working my way through it, I would reccommend it so far if you want a step by step program.
jake5691
Trust:
I purchesed Affiloblueprint just over a year ago, and it is easily one of the best teaching methods out there. It covers everything that you need to do in easy steps. It was a real eye opener for me when i first got it, especially compared to a lot of the crap that is out there.

No, I am not related to Mark in any way, just telling it how it is.

The basis of any success that you may get is based on research. I picked a few sites with keywords which were either too competitive, or not getting enough searches.

You have to get the keywords right, even if you spend a week just looking for them. It is time well spent, and you will get the rewards in the future.

I would go as far to say that keyword research will be the most important step, get this right, and the rest is a lot easier.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
hi, and i have to agree with everyone here. AB is the best training that i have found.

Mark is always promoting other products, and I have realized something from watching the comments made here.

you see, Mark and the staff here spoil us. Now, when we buy a product, even one that Mark promotes, they never live up to the quality that we get here. Because of that, you see a lot of threads popping up after a product launch about how their quality and service isnt what was expected.

That is not to say that they are bad products that Mark is promoting. They just don't have the high standard that Mark has set for us.

Affilorama and Affiloblueprint will be the best investment that you can make in your future.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

borry
Trust:
Hi Everyone

I'd like some advice please. I'm brand new to internet marketing and am very overwhelmed....suffering from information overload!!! Please help, am I on the right rack here?
I chose my niche market, did some keyword research, (I had 3 specific keywords in mind and when I typed them into google in the "obvious" format, it picked up over 78 million searches!!! I then used those same three keywords in a long-tailed keyword and the search results came back as 22 900) Have I done that correctly and does that mean I'll have a good chance of getting a good ranking on google? I have obvioulsy used those keywords in my website content....not too often though.
I then started typing the content for my website and also completed my free report, my next step is to build my website, sign up for an autoresponder and then do some SEO and other methods to make sure that I can get good traffic.
Have I got the picture or am I missing something?
Also, I just wanted to find out where I could get some good graphics for my freebie report. I typed it in word, but I wanted to make it look really professional as it currently looks very average and boring actually.
I also wanted to ask whether there is a specific ruling on how long your title on google should be? The one I have in mind is 12 words long. Too long or ok?
Any advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Belinda

P.S. - Lance, I've just read your post above (dated 19th June 2010) and was wondering how you're getting along.....
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
to check competition for your site, you can use Traffic travis and check the competing sites for seo. also, you need more than just one page on your site. YOu need about 20-30 keywords each getting 500-1000 monthly searches, and write an article targeting each one.

borry
Trust:
Thanks James. I was planning on building a one page site only though because my main aim at this stage is the squeeze page and I've read everywhere that you only really need one page for your squeezepage??
Also, if I only do the one webpage, are you saying I would still need 20-30 keywords for that one page?
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
no, but the more pages you have on your site, the more the search engines will trust you.

What I recommend is having a squeeze page with 20-30 articles. you can add your opt in to each article as welll as on the squeeze page. this will get a site that has more trust with search and more opportunities for people to find your site. also you have to look at more than just the volume of searches for a keyword. If a keyword isn't targeted to people wanting buy stuff, then it could get a million monthly searches and would not be worth the huge time investment you would waste trying to get it ranking. with more keywords, you have a higher chance at getting a few that rank well and give you conversions.

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
borry wrote:I chose my niche market, did some keyword research, (I had 3 specific keywords in mind and when I typed them into google in the "obvious" format, it picked up over 78 million searches!!!

Having a search volume that is too high (more than 50,000 per month) means that the keyword that you are targeting is too vague or general (and too competitive!). It is recommended to use keywords that have an average search volume of around 1500 or more.

borry wrote:I also wanted to ask whether there is a specific ruling on how long your title on google should be? The one I have in mind is 12 words long. Too long or ok?

You could use a title tag that has fewer than 70 characters (including spaces) so that your whole title is displayed in SERPs.
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

borry
Trust:
Thanks so much James. Gee Michelle, 1500 searches and here I thought I was doing well with 22 900 LOL. Guess I'll have to relook at those keywords.....Thanks for your feedback.
borry
Trust:
Hi everyone

It's me again......I'm driving myself crazy! So busy trying to analyze everything that I haven't started a thing and I'm getting really frustrated.
I can't seem to master this keyword thing, please help.... Here's what I've been doing:

1) I think of a specific keyword phase - mostly a long-tailed one - 3-4 keywords long.
2) I then type it into google. The phrase I had in mind came back with just a little over 1 million results. Intitle: "......" came back with 2 resluts. - (would be excellent for page 1 ranking if results in number 3 below were over 1500!!)
3) Lastly, I type it into google adwords - free keyword tool, however, it came back with ZERO results, which concerns me.
4) I even checked on the phrase as is to see if it was available as a domain name, which it is:-)

Am I doing this correctly though? I am trying to find a happy balance between these four components, i.e. -
Number 1 - A phrase that people could possibly type in - although most people seem to have thought of just about every phrase in this niche.
Number 2 - Over 500 000 results tells me there's a market for it.
Number 3 - In my opinion, needs to be over 1500? Am I right?
Number 4 - If the domain name, matches the title name and the exact keyword phrase people are searching for, then I stand a better chance of getting a good page ranking.

Am I understanding this all correctly or am I analyzing way too much? I've typed up my free report already and have been doing research for the content for my site too, but just can't seem to get started because of this.

I really can't wait to get started but feel very "stuck" at the moment.
Any advice would be more than appreciated.

Thanks
Belinda
PremiumMember
ampie g
Trust:
@borry Hi Belinda, the search count that Michelle is referring to (more than 1500) is based on the number from the Google keyword tool and not the total of search results on Google.

If you find a keyword with a good search count, use Traffic Travis SEO Analysis tool to find out if it's easy to rank for or not.

Hope that helps. :)
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Hi Belinda, I know it can be frustrating.

I wouldnt overthink it too much. i recommend checking out this video. it may help you get started on your keyword research.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=likFL1REOgE

michael025
Trust:
I would have to go with Mark's advise, after all he is the guru....Each person's learning curve is different, so it's really difficult to give advice as to how much hours you spend on each topic. What you should do, is learn step by step, instead of spending your hours on different areas per day as it might just leave you more confused(info overload). Try following the Affilo Blueprint method, which in my opinion, is an excellent step by step guide on what you need to do to learn the business. Actually, I would have suggested the Affilo Jetpack which would be best if you are a beginner, because aside from helping you learn the basics, you are also provided with tools such as website themes, articles, and even niches to help you jumpstart your new affiliate marketing career. Unfortunately, it's currently not available, but I heard that it should be available again sometime before the end of the year.

This topic was started on Jun 19, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.