Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Just a big African Hello!

PremiumMember
robanderson
Trust:

Just a big African Hello!

Hi everybody. I wanted to just take this opportunity to say hi.
I am a South African marketer.
I have been full time online for about 30 months now.
I am very happy to be here, and am sure that I will be chatting with you all a lot.
There we go - first post done....
NEXT!
If it feels good - Do It!

back-links
Trust:
Hello Mr. South African marketer,
Do you market more towards your own local area? By now you are becoming well established since it has been 30 months?

Welcome... lots of info here on this forum.
Get .EDU backlinks or other needed backlinks to promote your website - - - http://www.googlecashincome.info

PremiumMember
robanderson
Trust:
LOL! 30 months seems like yesterday that I started.
But the short answer is yes, as the competition is a lot less here is SA, but the internet is still so young that everyone thinks that just having a website online is enough to get business, and every business owner that has a website up has a "brother" or "cousin" that does their websites for them. It can make you go mad.
I have made money online from every single different type of method that you can think of.
I even had over 150 websites at one stage - idiot - blame that one on Google Sniper, but I am cured of that by now.
Now I am building my sites the right way. I am down to about 15, and most of them need work ( LIAR! - all of them need work - Ha Ha )
Still, I will never give it up for anything - I love it.
Busy at the moment with a lot of stuff - but to give you an example - I got a website to design (it will take about two days) for $2000, and the other quotes were $5000 and $50 000. Shows you how diverse it all is here.
Thanks for chatting...
Rob - ex hammock manufacturer - ex crafter - ex artist... But still a bad speller.

back-links
Trust:
I asked about marketing in your own area (S.A.) because I am from the U.S. and I have been amazed at the number of sales I have had from South Africa. There must be some reason the search engines feels my sites are better than websites in S.A. Once you get those 15 websites running well, you may control the local market.
Get .EDU backlinks or other needed backlinks to promote your website - - - http://www.googlecashincome.info

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Rob,

Welcome to Affilorama! :)
Feel free to browse through the lessons and the members' forums for information on affiliate marketing, SEO, PPC and much more.

Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

PremiumMember
robanderson
Trust:
One of the good things about the local SA market is that it is growing at a phenomenal rate, and the guys who get in early will always be secure.
However there is a very big downside, a lot of tools online do not recognize the local SA market (like semrush) so it can be difficult to track your efforts and do split testing.
However the one tool that has always worked for local SA research has been traffic Travis.
One thing - while our local TV channels are still teaching people how to joint twitter and facebook, and local business owners also think that the websites that are built by their cousins, or brothers are good enough - the local internet marketing industry is exploding.
Another of the good things about a new emerging market is that we can still make great money with things like adsence as the new guys online have not become immune to Google ads.
Sadly sometimes local search volumes are still low - but that will pick up after time.
Those +_15 websites that I mentioned are about half local and half international, so I get the best of all worlds.
Take care all.

This topic was started on May 20, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.