Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Is Xsitepro still relevant for this AB 2.0 course and today?

wenching
Trust:

Is Xsitepro still relevant for this AB 2.0 course and today?

Hello everyone,

I saw there were few previous posts on xsitepro vs wordpress comparisons. But i feel like asking it on a new thread though :)

When I left AB 2.0 once again back in July 2010, I spent a lot of time on wordpress. I didn't believe on xsitepro back then.

But I decided to stay focus on this course which I mean it.

I am just wondering whether I should buy XsitePro 2 as it is costs at $197? Not cheap :)

Is it really worth it and applicable as today?

The reason I ask as when I use wordpress, I have a lot of plugins to use. Like Platinum SEO, and many other plugins that help my site to rank so much better. All this can be automated for me. I am not sure how this can be done with Xsitepro? I did try a trial version long time ago and it was just like frontpage. Not sure how powerful it is if compare to wordpress?

I also know that AB 2.0 does have a section on wordpress. I think Mark has a video on youtube that he recommended on Wordpress (if not mistaken). But which one should i consider to leverage the power of AB 2.0 as of today internet?

Anyone mind to share your experiences on this? Thanks.
michael025
Trust:
Hi Wenching,

Of course using XSite Pro is still applicable...if you are comfortable with using XSite Pro, then by all means use it.....The reason why we have both platforms being used in AffiloBlueprint, was because Mark used XSite Pro before Wordpress became available....of course, now wordpress is recommended, simply because it is open source, and although not as powerful as XSitePro or Dreamweaver, it has quite a bit of potential due to it's way of allowing developers to improve on the program and create their own plugins.....I compare Wordpress to Android, which although currently not as powerful as the iPhone system, still contains a myriad of possibilities....
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
It really depends on what you want. I mainly use xsite pro now for my static sites, and wordpress for my blogs. Wordpress is free, and really good for newbies, but Xsite pro has a lot more customization options for menus. One of the main benefits I had with using Wordpress was the ability to use RSS feeds for syndication, but Xsite Pro has added a feed option that you can set up.

For me, building a static site in xsite pro is much easier than in wordpress.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

mythicus
Trust:
If you do decide to go with Xsitepro, I think you'll really like some of the updates that they've made with XsitePro v2.5 beta. I have a link for a webinar they did recently about the v2.5 beta. It's an hour long though. Just scroll down a bit, and you'll see it. If you have the Firefox DownloadHelper add-on, you can just download it. www. xsitepro.com/v25beta.html
Best Cardio Machine
Play Tents for Kids
Super mario party supplies http://www.squidoo.com/super-mario-party
Mickey Mouse Birthday Cakes http://www.squidoo.com/mickey-mouse-birthday-cakes

wenching
Trust:
Actually why would someone needs to build static pages for?

I assume they prefer to use pages instead of blog style? But does it really matter in terms of ranking or better click conversions?
faradina
Trust:
wenching wrote:But does it really matter in terms of ranking or better click conversions?

No, it does not. What matters is the quality of your content, backlinks, and targeted keywords, to name the most important, and not what you used to build your site.

I personally favor wordpress because:

- it's free
- it's easy to have an RSS feed, in fact you do not need to set it up and just get the RSS feed URL instead
- it does not require much uploading
- many experts are working on improving it all the time, so there's less security risk
- you can do almost anything using plugins, and thus do not really have to write any special code to do certain things
- it's easy to learn and easy to use
wenching
Trust:
Thanks for sharing :) yeah, wordpress looks good for me :)
PremiumMember
newstart
Trust:
Eighty to ninety percent of everything we do is done using X-SitePro. The one main advantage WordPress has over X-Site Pro is the ability to have someone anywhere in the world make changes to your website.

This cannot be done using X-Site Pro as the website platform. With X-Site Pro changes must be accomplished through one main computer. Someone with your program that made approved changes on your site would have those changes nullified as soon as you made a change on the website. Therefore, if your site requires a virtual assistant in your website management WordPress is the ideal platform.

Now as to security. A week or two ago in Europe someone hacked into 17,000 websites sending them down. One of those websites was the official company X-Site Pro website. This site was back up as soon as they became aware of the computer hack. Their site had been hacked however their complete program was on their personal office computer. All they had to do to get the program back up was to republish it a 30 second operation at best.

X-Site Pro is highly versatile offering an excellent system to check on-page SEO requirements. The system is designed to produce websites specifically for affiliate marketing. It is a powerful program able to duplicate any website someone has built on other website platforms.

As I stated previously over eighty percent of the websites we manage are X-Site Pro websites. We use it because of the security along with the overall control we have of the site itself. A client wishing to assume management of their website would have to acquire the program before we could transfer the data over to their computer system. This makes arbitrary service contract changes minimal as the expense is too great.

Margene Smith

This topic was started on Mar 13, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.