Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Is there such a thing as a quality product on Clickbank?

looski
Trust:

Is there such a thing as a quality product on Clickbank?

Hi all,

Ok, im a total newbie to all of this. Purchased Marks AB course after spending weeks going through the free videos on the Affilorama web site and comparing AB to other similar courses. For someone starting out in this industry it seemed to offer the best value.

Onto my issue. Finding suitable products to market. Ok, i know its easy enough to go to Click Bank and do a search. I have dozens of products to choose from - all with great Gravity and Commission. I think - as you would - great! that was easy.. and picked a niche I felt comfortable with.

I then move on to doing a little research on the products, and amongst all the positive reviews found on other IM sites promoting the product, i also came across a number of sites exposing these products as scams - all with credible reasons. Needless to say the alarm started to sound. I researched the other products in the niche and found similar issues so i abandoned that niche.

Ive now gone through dozens of products on clickbank - looking for "real" feedback and experience from users on forums and I have say it looks bleak.

Im not sure how people feel about this, but If im going to market someones product, it needs to be worth me buying as a consumer - as opposed to just marketing a carefully worded sales pitch designed to suck people into purchasing the next useless product just for sake a few dollars in commission sales. I wouldnt want to be sucked into marketing hype as a buyer so i certainly dont want to be doing it to others.

Is there such a thing as quality product on clickbank? I have spent best part of two days researching whats on there with little joy. Any advice from fellow marketers would be appreciated

Peter
PremiumMember
newstart
Trust:
Clickbank is loaded with good products. That is not to say there are 100% perfect products to be found on Clickbank or anywhere else. No product is perfect. If there were a perfect product it would have no competition. The nice thing about Clickbank is the 60 money back guarantee that is offered. This protects the buyer from loss.

Now, it is your job to use the product and information you purchase from Clickbank before you write your review. State the positives of the product along with the negatives. What may be a major negative to you may not be to someone else. Give that information in your evaluation. It is your job to be honest in your critique and not rely on the critique of others.

I do not know of a subject that I cannot find someone with the exact opposite view point. Everyone must decide what they believe and justify their beliefs. Your website is an avenue for you to air your view point to the world at large. You need to ascertain your beliefs and be willing to defend them with facts.

Writing articles and reviews require you to become opinionated. First hand research is mandatory. Other people's opinions are okay only as a start in your personal investigations of books or products. After all your exhaustive research there will be others who have the opposite view of your subject. If you have done your research well accompanied with a proper review readers will be able to ascertain the good points and the bad or lacking areas of a book or product. With this information people are able to make decisions. If they later decide the decision was in error Clickbank provides them an opportunity to cancel the sale transaction.

You need to personally use the products you recommend to others. It is your reputation that is on the line. You want your website to become an authority on the subject it represents. Any information you provide others must based on facts you can defend. I must state this again "there are no perfect products" so you must decide what is important and what is not important the same as the publisher of a book or manufacturer of a product.

Margene Smith
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
There's a reasonable amount of rubbish on ClickBank, but there are also a lot of good products.

Most (if not all) of the products that we make or are associated with are sold through Clickbank, and we like to think they're not rubbish. In most of the niches you hear us talking about in AB there are good products of good quality.

When it comes to "eBooks" and "guides"... these aren't things that would make it past a publishing house and onto the shelves of your local Borders store, but it's kind of a different market.

Keep in mind that a high gravity score on a product means that it sells well. When people request refunds for products (which Clickbank will process no-questions-asked) that sale no longer contributes towards the gravity.

So if you see a product with a gravity of 100, that means that at least 100 people have purchased that product recently, from 100 different affiliates, and haven't demanded a refund.

Also remember that the "scam" word is a hot button on the internet. A lot of people use it when they're actually trying to promote a product, purely because it gets people clicking through. If they're genuine negative reviews, that's a different matter. But don't judge a product's quality by a search engine results page full of "Is XYZ a scam??!?" because it'll just be affiliates.
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

looski
Trust:
Hi all,

Thanks for the detailed responses.. I'll continue the hunt and see where it takes me. If i would like an evaluation copy of the product I am considering marketing before i invest time in buidling the site, is this possible?

Peter
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
Sometimes they'll give you one. It's better if you have a site up an running so they can see you're serious. If they don't want to give you one for free, you can either purchase through your own affiliate link, or just read what everyone else is saying. Don't be negative about a product you haven't actually tried first hand though.
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

This topic was started on May 17, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.