Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Is LUCK a Factor?

magtan
Trust:

Is LUCK a Factor?

Hi Guys,
I see many 'oldies' on this forum like Smuigal, James, Digiblue who in general say they build website, did some backlining to a page and it started ranking and they make sale within the month.

I too build websites, do my keyword research, build backlinks but I somehow don't seem to rank as easily as they say. I check my keywords with TT, use web 2.0 (Senuke) and do blog commenting.

I am at this point thinking 'does luck matter?' Do I just not have the IM luck.

I for sure don't get sales within a month of building websites. I do get sales, but they are few and far in between. I pay out a lot more for the software that I use like Senuke, TBS, Hostgator than I actually earn. On a good month, I will at best get some pocket money from my IM not amounting to more than $100. On bad months which is most of the time, I cough out money to sustain my IM tools.

I have been in this IM thing for about 18 months. Am I the odd one or is this the norm?

PremiumMember
thebigventure
Trust:
Truth is, there must be something you're doing wrong. Luck is simply what happens when effort and preparation meets opportunity. You make your own luck. Guys who have succeeded, tried various things until one worked, it takes so much work and setbacks (learn your lessons) to get to the point where you're happy.
http://www.TheBigVenture.com - Started 6 years ago...finally making $15,000+ per month now!

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Honestly, there is no such thing as luck. I spent over 6 months working 12+ hours/day before I started seeing consistent sales. Where you get your links from is more important than how many you have. if you have links that arent bringiing you traffic, you are wasting your time, In my opinion.

even now that I am outsourcing more, I still find that I often work 8-10 hours a day. it takes hard work and consistent work to make money in this business. anyone who tells you otherwise is just trying to rip you off.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
If you aren't having much success with affiliate marketing consider the following questions:

1.) Are you in a niche that is ready to spend money to solve a real problem?

2.) Are your keywords too competitive?

3.) Is your traffic strategy too weak?

4.) Are the products you are promoting well-matched to your visitors?

5.) Is your content good enough to get people to stick around long enough to click on your affiliate link or opt into your email list?

These are common reasons I've seen for a website not making much money. If you are struggling, then you are probably having problems with at least one of these areas.

Hope this helps.
Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/

easyrider
Trust:
That's really good advice guys! My theory is that if someone else is able to sell particular products, then there is no reason why I can't - if I put in the work!!!
Greg

magtan
Trust:
Guys thanks for replying.

Cterao, I am really envious of your position. Had been seeing you around this forum when I started AB and had just seen your blog and how well you have progressed. I know you have put in lots of work and I really work and hope to see consistent improvement in my own sites too.

abdsalam18
Trust:
Great advice from you guys!

Yes. I agree that sometimes we do feel that what we do is not working, we feel like giving up or we think that we have no luck or someone else is luckier than I am etc.

But actually, as you guys said, it is with pure hard work and consistency and the never say die attitude can help us succeed because every one of us has the same potential to be successful.

It is just a matter of how much work we put in and how we deal with every obstacles that is coming our way. For me, I believe in working smart, deal with obstacles (that make us stronger & better) and keep moving forward and DON'T ever give up.
A.Salam

My 1st ever website using Affilojetpack. http://www.bellyfatloss4u.com.

PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
Magtan, Looks like you joined Affilorama in March last year. I was really depressed back then :)

The only real advice I can give is to focus on what works for you. I'm pretty sure the only reason I've managed to get as far as I have is because I discovered the power of choosing the right niche.

People aren't going to buy very many ebooks on origami, gardening, or sandwich making. Why? Because they don't really have the driving motivation to whip out their credit card and solve a paper folding problem or a soil problem, or a deli meat problem.

People buy info products because they have big problems that keep them awake at night, in my experience. Things like their marriage is falling apart, they feel ashamed of how they look because they are overweight, or because their dog is vicious and almost hurt someone at the park.

Those are real problems that will drive your conversion rates up through the roof.

Add to this the fact that many of these niches could be potentially embarrassing to buy physical book at the store and you've got yourself a recipe for high conversions. After all, would rather walk up to a cashier at the store with a book about how you've got hemorrhoids or about how you can't get a date, or would you rather discreetly buy something like that online?

Anyway, that's probably the first step. Choosing the right niche.

Hope this helps.
Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/

kakaboo
Trust:
Ditch all those tools if they aren't really helping at the moment.. tools only help you to speed up to process once you know what works.. if you have only 1-2 sites it's really no point to be owning things like Senuke when you can post articles onto web 2.0s manually.. you would be surprised at how far you can get if you just consistently post 3-5 articles on web2.0s manually every day without the use of senuke

This topic was started on Jul 08, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.