Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Is it still safe to use AB theme?

stefan1601
Trust:

Is it still safe to use AB theme?

Hi all,

I just read PotPieGirl post about Google Panda; she said "They (Google) use PEOPLE to to find footprints, signals, patterns, etc..."

I don't think there is no specific footprints in AB theme that a bot could find easily, but it's quite easy to train people to recognize a site with AB theme in first spot. And it might get us nailed instantly without fair judgment on the content itself.

I have 3 sites that got hit during the first Panda and I keep building link to those 3 sites. Recently the 2 start to go up in ranks, but the one uses AB theme stay down. It still exist in site:domainname.com, but nowhere in G first page result.

It probably caused by other factors, but I really want to hear what other AB theme users experiences about this
PremiumMember
newstart
Trust:
You need to download the PDF Google employment manual that PotPieGirl has procured. It is available from her website.

They are not looking for sites that adhere to the guidelines established by AffiloRama in any of their programs. Whether the site is patterned after Affiliate Blog Bootcamp, AffiloBluePrint or AffiloJetPack.

The basic philosophy of AffiloRama has been to stay within the established boundaries in the building of the websites as well as search engine optimization. As long as you play within the rules you are okay.

Those that want a quick fix are the one's that will find themselves in hot water somewhere down the road. Google Panda is good news for sites following AffiloRama's lead. The site's that should never have been on page one let alone first on page one will be dropped if it is found that there site has exceeded the established boundaries.

I believe most of the sites will get in trouble based on their SEO techniques. The PDF manual is quite revealing as to Google's intent for establishing the Google Panda algorithm.

Margene Smith
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi stefan1601,

I'm not really the best person to answer your inquiry seeing that I work for Affilorama, however, it is still safe to use Affilotheme and to follow the Affiloblueprint course. The course, while needing updates on PPC and other lessons, has always recommended building an authority site filled with high-quality, informative articles and reviews. If there is anything that Google and their constant algorithm changes show, it is that they want quality on the sites they show in their search results pages. Affiloblueprint, and Affilorama on the whole, has always strongly preached this.

I am sorry to hear that one of your sites still have not made it in the ranks. This could be due to other factors like keywords and backlinking strategy. I suggest you go over the content on your site and analyze your keywords versus that of your strong competitors. You might find that you need to tweak one or two or need more work in optimizing your pages.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

stefan1601
Trust:
newstart wrote:You need to download the PDF Google employment manual that PotPieGirl has procured. It is available from her website.

They are not looking for sites that adhere to the guidelines established by AffiloRama in any of their programs. Whether the site is patterned after Affiliate Blog Bootcamp, AffiloBluePrint or AffiloJetPack.

The basic philosophy of AffiloRama has been to stay within the established boundaries in the building of the websites as well as search engine optimization. As long as you play within the rules you are okay.

Those that want a quick fix are the one's that will find themselves in hot water somewhere down the road. Google Panda is good news for sites following AffiloRama's lead. The site's that should never have been on page one let alone first on page one will be dropped if it is found that there site has exceeded the established boundaries.

I believe most of the sites will get in trouble based on their SEO techniques. The PDF manual is quite revealing as to Google's intent for establishing the Google Panda algorithm.

Margene Smith

Thanks for the long answer.

I just read her post about an IM guru providing his student a theme with his course name at the footer, so G just track the footer and wipe out all of them in one swoop. Not sure if this course teaching black hat technique or not, but it does teach student to create websites tailored to make money from promoting other people products.

G seems to try to wipe out "sites that created only to make money without giving value to users" and that's a good thing, but we know not all AB sites contain quality content they do created to make money. If somehow G decides that most AB theme sites contain poor quality content and only created to make money, it might decide to sweep all that use it.

This is just a theory though; I'll try to build more links and see what happens.
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Stefan,

I can't say for sure if any of the websites out there using Affilotheme are quality sites. Sadly, Google is the one who will decide what is quality and what is not. We can only play by their rules because it's their playground we want to play in after all. What I can assure you is that we at Affilorama have always promoted and recommended building authority sites that give value to readers/users.
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

This topic was started on Oct 26, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.