Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Is it really necessary spinning everything in an article?

kleinquick
Trust:

Is it really necessary spinning everything in an article?

Right now I'm trying to create my back-links, and the reason for my question is because i am not a FAST proficient writer. I take a lot of time doing rewrites simply because i just cannot think of good different ways to rewrite an article.

Ok so anyway, that being said, i outsource pretty much all my content. I get it all from iWriter and i don't pay nothing below elite. I have some articles to submit to article directories and some forums I've found with some page rank to get me started. iWriter lets you generate articles with "spin tags", so i was wondering if its good enough to just put it in the spinner i use, which is rapid re-writer, and just generate different articles from the sub-spinning?

According to mark ling, googles algorithms cant pick up on different words well even tho they are similar. So do i have to do a bunch of manual rewriting, or can i just subspin articles? if i have to do some spinning and rewrite, how much?

I would just like some second opinions from other people. Not that i doubt mark ling, i just want to be sure this works, and i want to do this all right the first time, i'm just trying to save some time as well
Is the affiliate desk catching up to you? Become a healthier you, feel better, and make more money because of it!

~~~ www.eatliferight.com ~~~

PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
If SEO and content writing / spinning isn't for you, you can also look at non-SEO traffic sources too.

Video marketing
Guest blogging
Paid traffic
Social media
Partnerships (yes, even as an affiliate)

Just to name a few...
Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
therer are a lot of ways to get traffic without having to spin articles. I haven't spun an article in almost a year, and I get more traffic now than I did before.

Honestly, article spinning is an old tactic that most sites that are worth getting links from don't allow anyway. most of the sites that still allow it are on google's hit list, and will hurt your rankings more than help them long term.

here Is what I do with those articles:

Slightly rewrite them manually, and create a power point slide show.
at the end of the slideshow, include a link to a related article on your site.

Get Camtasia (paid) or CamStudio (free) screen recording software and record the powerpoint slide with you narating (or hire someone to do the voiceover for you..)

Create a video using either Camtasia (if you went with that option, they have a decent video editor for basic videos) or Windows movie maker (comes free on any windows computer post Windows XP)

When you create the video, also create an audio mp3 file. both options above allow you to do this through their editing process.

then you can upload the video to multiple video sharing sites (no need to worry about duplicate content...) upload the audio to audio sharing sites, and upload the powerpoint slide to doccument sharing sites. include a link back to your site in the description, if the site allows it. if not, your url should show up in the video as well as a call to action at the end telling people to go to your url for more information.

this is just one way to leverage one piece of content and get a lot of exposure and multiple links out as well as traffic, since many of those sites will send direct traffic to your site if you create quality content to begin with.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
just to show an example, after making my previous post, I went and did this video on repurposing your content using the strategy I was talking about.

Once I added the video, I took the audio and uploaded it here If you look at the description, I have a call to action to get the resource links at the main video on youtube.

I will do this everywhere I syndicate it, giving the video a chance to rank for my keywords and drive more traffic to my blog.
Now, over the next couple of days, I will do all the syndication I discussed...

kleinquick
Trust:
jmpruitt wrote:just to show an example, after making my previous post, I went and did this video on repurposing your content using the strategy I was talking about.

Once I added the video, I took the audio and uploaded it here If you look at the description, I have a call to action to get the resource links at the main video on youtube.

I will do this everywhere I syndicate it, giving the video a chance to rank for my keywords and drive more traffic to my blog.
Now, over the next couple of days, I will do all the syndication I discussed...

ok i can see how that works very well. I may just forget about doing article spinning then.

Just wondering though, getting traffic and page rank from article directories is dead? I know i didn't clarify exactly what is going on, but I'm basically just following tactics from mark lings videos. He says it's good to focus on 3 article directories

1. Ezinearticles.com
2. Articlecity.com
3. Goarticles.com

I did plan on just submitting enough articles to ezine first for all pages to my site, and then spin them good enough to put on the other two.

If this tactic is dead... i not sure why mark is directing people to do this, what a waste of time. But if google trusts those sites, i can't see how they would be on the "hit list".
Is the affiliate desk catching up to you? Become a healthier you, feel better, and make more money because of it!

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
If this tactic is dead... i not sure why mark is directing people to do this, what a waste of time. But if google trusts those sites, i can't see how they would be on the "hit list".

I apologize for any inconvenience or confusion caused. We no longer recommend article spinning, and have updated the Affiloblueprint 3 lessons to reflect this. However, members can still choose to spin their articles, if they prefer.

I appreciate your patience. All the best!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
First of all, let me express a small dislcaimer here. My opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Mark and the Affilorama training programs!

I have learned a lot from Mark and the staff here over the years. However, we don't always agree on every single tactic. Personally, I think article spinning is one of the tactics the Google Panda update was designed to combat.

REally, it isn't article spinning that is the problem The big problem is that great article spinning takes a lot of time and focus. Most people are in such a rush,their spun articles don't read well, and often just become a pile of gibberish.

Article directories that do manual reviews of articles tend to get more trust from Google, and when combined with other link building methods, they can still benefit you a little. However, they don't have the power to drive rankings like they did 2-3 years ago.

That doesn't mean article syndication is dead, just the old way of doing it. Instead, focus on creating high quality articles videos and audio programs, and focus on syndicating them where your niche already has a customer base.

For me, that includes social media groups specific to my niche markets, niche blogs, and forums...

These are my 3 biggest direct traffic sources, although I still get some traffic from Google search. Remember, focus on finding and driving your customers to your site, and google will notice. The entire purpose of SEO is to get more traffic. Don't put your business in the hands of Google. Get out there and find people to send to your websites.

kleinquick
Trust:
cecille.l wrote:

I apologize for any inconvenience or confusion caused. We no longer recommend article spinning, and have updated the Affiloblueprint 3 lessons to reflect this. However, members can still choose to spin their articles, if they prefer.

I appreciate your patience. All the best!

ok well i didn't purchase the blueprint one, i did the jetpack one.

So now it all kinda seems like doing the jetpack traffic methods are a waste of time.... what am i paying for here? If any tactics work on there please let me know.

I do appreciate you letting me know of these better and up to date traffic tactics James. Although i was aware that social media can play a huge part in traffic driving, i am simply just following the steps mark wants me to do in jetpack.

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I know for a fact that Mark and the staff are already working on redoing the training for the AJP course. The tactics that they taught in the course worked really well, when they created it, However, like anything technology based, as the technology changes so do the tactics.

One thing I adopted into my mindset early on was simply the idea of getting traffic not search rankings. Although SEO can be important to your business, start looking into your niche. Having tried to create a program that teaches that, I know how difficult it is with the constant changes to technology.

The basic principles of driving traffic don't change, which I what I look at. For example, the strategy I talked about above works really well for me, in part, because the niche markets I am involved in have a following of potential customers already on those sites.

One thing I do in the niche research portion is really diving into finding out where people in the niche actually already hang out. It's something that takes a lot of work, and Mark really doesn't teach it.

Again, you have different people with different experiences. Mark teaches what he and his staff uses, and so do I. Just because we don't always agree with how to go about it doesn't mean both methods can't work.
always keep in mnd, everything you hear about driving traffic is about opinions, based on experience, not absolute "this is the only way to do it"

The best thing I can recommend is really take some time to explore your niche, find out who the leading people are, and try to network with them. They will help you find the best sources of traffic for your specific niche market.

having built quite a few sites (including all but 2 of the jetpacks) I can tell you that the way I drive traffic to every site has been different. the core strategy is the same, but the specific tactics change.

Focusing on tactics will cause you to struggle but always ask, "WHY am I doing this" for every tactic, and you will see how it works or doesn't work strategically.

joelpalarca21
Trust:
I did ranked in article spinning and submitting the articles in article sites. I raked in one month only.

check this out
the website is http://makemoneymarketing.net/
my main keyword is make money marketing
Want to learn how to make money blogging? Visit here http://makemoneymarketing.net/how-to-make-money-blogging/

kleinquick
Trust:
"I did ranked in article spinning and submitting the articles in article sites. I raked in one month only.

check this out
the website is http://makemoneymarketing.net/
my main keyword is make money marketing"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well i think i will just mainly focus on driving traffic. I see your site has a page rank of 0, which is good. I'm glad to see these techniques can still work, i just need to find some good ways to get traffic now. After reading James's and everyone elses comments on this post, it seems ill have to target social media and paid traffic to really see some results. My site is not completely done, but good enough for traffic now and I've had it up for a good while now and been working on it for a month

tankctrlr
Trust:
It's all about quality now, quality site, quality content, quality backlinks. (The good news is you need fewer backlinks now, quality over quantity.)

Spinners are just tools, you should look at spinning as helping you create X number of articles quickly. (Still need to edit them to make them high quality.)

In a perfect world you would just pay a high quality writer to write them, all unique, very helpful, all high quality, easily being accepted at Ezinearticles.com, Squidoo.com, etc.

Article marketing has lost most of its power but this only means that you should not allocate as much time to doing it, but just enough time to create a presence on the TOP directories and TOP web 2.0 sites that are still alive and well, to build links and referral traffic to your main pages. But this is only after you first focused time on what will work the best for your niche, is it Social? PPC? etc. (if your niche is a fit, you can do both on Facebook!)

The more and more that a tactic becomes ineffective the less and less time you should put in to doing it.
Writing Services - www.needanarticle.com

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I agree with Andrew, with the idea that it is dependant on your specific niche, and even your particular subniche. One thing that really helps is to sit down and create a customer profile. Figure out exactly who your ideal customer is, what their biggest fears, challenges, dreams, and intentions are, and figure out how you can help them. doing that, you should find where they are online, and focus on sites where your ideal customer already go to online. For that, I look at forums, blogs, social media, video/audio sites. Wherever people in your niche that are your ideal customer are, that is where you need to go for links. most people don't do it because they don't want to do the research it takes to find out, but if you do, you will build a site that lasts regardless of what Google or any other site does.

kleinquick
Trust:
thank you james

I think i may know where my customers are, but the thing is, i do not know how to get back links from really good pages. I have found a few with good page ranks of like 5, but it is difficult to get links on there because they don't allow hyperlinks, or moderators shut out my posts.

tankctrlr wrote:Article marketing has lost most of its power but this only means that you should not allocate as much time to doing it, but just enough time to create a presence on the TOP directories and TOP web 2.0 sites that are still alive and well, to build links and referral traffic to your main pages. But this is only after you first focused time on what will work the best for your niche, is it Social? PPC? etc. (if your niche is a fit, you can do both on Facebook!)

The more and more that a tactic becomes ineffective the less and less time you should put in to doing it.

The niche I'm focusing on is losing weight, and i think the best solution to tackle this right now is through a lot of forums and social media. I want to try and do PPC but i honestly have no idea how to tackle that and i have very limited funds to work with. I know its all a trial and error thing, but to be honest, I'm not looking to fail on the first go around with PPC. I guess Facebook advertising would be the best deal, google seems kinda tough to me looking at what people mostly pay for. Does anyone here have good success doing Facebook advertising?

Also, I don't mean to sound stupid, but i really am not sure and clear on what a web 2.0 site is. People in affiliate marketing talk about them all the time and its over my head. I never really seen examples or anything. Maybe they are in marks training videos and i somehow missed that?

tankctrlr
Trust:
Squidoo.com is a web 2.0 example, where a user contributes content and readers can interact. Web 1.0 would be a static html page with not even a comments section.

PPC can be expensive and if you don't know how to convert after the click then I wouldn't spend money on it YET, as soon as you learn how to get someone to your offer and convert them into a sale then I would start testing out things, $10 bucks here $20 bucks there (The super affiliates you know there doing more like $100 bucks here $300 bucks there lol), getting the right kinda traffic/clicks/PEOPLE to your offers.

It's easy to get clicks (that's why people lose so much $$$), the hard part is matching the right kinda clicks to the right kinda offers. It's neuroeconomics really. (I'm self taught so don't ask me too much about it lol. j/k)

That's PPC but Facebook PPC is a whole new world lol, in a way it's better but also harder because it is tough to get people OFF of Facebook! to your site, what I'm seeing now is marketers will build up their FB-Pages (Likes), and build up trust and a community, then they hit that "List" with offers, and it's easy to do you just make a post then promote it for $5-$50, ALL the people who liked your page see it AND their friends.

I would focus on building content/SEO, do the social thing (Facebook page, forums etc.) the "free" stuff, and learn about Conversion Optimization! Because what good is traffic if they don't buy?
Writing Services - www.needanarticle.com

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Weightloss is actually not that bad. Forums are pretty much a bust there though. they got spammed so heavily years ago that the good ones don't allow links anymore most of the time. However, you can still build a really good reputation, network with people and do a TON of research through the forums. Don't just think about links, think about relationships and engagement with your niche.

also, there are a ton of blogs in that niche. you can do guest posts, comment, join the conversations, etc... one of my favorites is FitnessBlackBook run by Rusty Moore ( he owns a couple of good products through CB you could promote too..)

Just keep in mind, if you want to find a way, you will do it.
Thomas eddison found 9999 ways not to make a light bulb, but only took finding 1 that worked.

the same is true for anyone who is successful. keep trying and testing. track your results and use the data to adjust your strategy. tactics are here today and gone tomorrow but your strategy will keep your business alive through the turmoil of change.

also, Facebook groups can work really well. find fitness groups. find a group of fitness bloggers. Check out MyBlogGuest and BlogEngage, and see if there are blogs in your niche there. those are the places i go not just to find customers but to network with the competition. Competition isn't your enemy, they are your best asset. leverage their position to jump yourself ahead.

PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
Here are some more ideas for weight loss:

-Make videos on YouTube demonstrating different exercises or nutrition tips.
-Guest post on different blogs... there are a ton of niche blog focusing on different exercise methods (crossfit, CST, etc.) and nutrition methods (raw, vegan, vegetarian, slow carb, etc.).
-Write a valuable report or some other product-like thing, then buddy up with vendors and offer your report as a bonus for their product.

When you approach weight loss, unless you're very experienced, you're going to have to niche down or else you're going to really struggle.

Instead of just focusing on broad weight loss, target your whole site at something like the paleo movement, juicing, gymnastic exercises (rings, parallettes, etc.), or something like that.

Trust me, it will be so much easier to get your initial toe-hold in the niche than going after generic weight loss.

Also, please (pretty, pretty please!) make sure you are building your email list, unless you hate money.
Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/

kleinquick
Trust:
ok so i been browsing blogs and looking at these different sites. I do try to be helpful to people than just pushing my site or a product down someones throat. I'm not a professional with weight loss by any means, but i have personally tried different diets and experimented with which foods to eat. I have done a lot of personal research on nutrition and applied a lot of what i learned. I have successfully lost weight myself and it's the one thing i know best about and I'm comfortable with it.

What I'm not comfortable with right now is my site. I feel like my site is lacking everything a good site should have. It's not really socialized and I'm not sure what to do right now to change it around. I can see how everyone in this business is building relationships with there customers now and everything is social. I'm not so sure my site will even survive the way it is. Maybe you guys can take a look at my site and give me some kind of overview? Any changes i should make and whatnot. I am considering just converting it into a full out blog, or just make it more social somehow

http://www.eatliferight.com/

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
first of all, your theme needs an upgrade. it is soooo.... like mid 2000's and way outdated. looks like the old Affilotheme if I am not mistaken. upgrade to the newest version of the theme (not sure if there is an easy way to transition but worth every bit of the effort) it has a lot of functionality built into the back end to make managing your site easier.

I would also turn on comments and use CommentLuv (I prefer the premium version but the free one is decent) which will help you be able to manage comments and create some engagement on your post.

I also recommend the Digg Digg social sharing plugin, which will add FB, G+ Twitter and several other social network buttons and a neat little floating button box in every post so that people CAN share it easily.

Look trough your content. layouts are decent, but I would break up the text more. I generally recommend 3-5 lines of text in a single block tops.

the new affilotheme has some really awesome opt in templates that you can use to replace the old outdated opt in forms you are using, and will make it a lot easier to capture leads for your email list.

LOOK is everything!

really, your overall design needs to be upgraded, which would help to upgrade to the latest affilotheme. other than that, it is looking pretty good. to turn it into a blog. It will also help you get more social sharing and guest posts. If you go to get a guest post, and they come look at your site, you will probably just get ignored because your web design is so out of date.

kleinquick
Trust:
Thank you so much james! i will get to work on all of this right away.

I knew it had to be out of date after i started looking around my competition and seeing all these better setups and they are all socialized, It gets a bit intimidating. I will get the upgraded theme and i hope it's not too much of a hassle.

kleinquick
Trust:
btw is there a nice free powerpoint i can download?

I'd buy the Microsoft 2013 edition but i just don't have the money to drop on that right now.

I get all these other installers but the powerpoint...

PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
What do you need powerpoint for? You can get a free equivalent through Google Docs (Google Drive). Or possibly through Open Office (free Microsoft Office-like platform).

I would also consider removing direct linking affiliate links from your website.

I think you will have much better results if you focus people's attention on one thing (which is building your email list).

Start to think of each article on your website as a squeeze page.

Then let your autoresponder do the selling.

People will be much more likely to buy from you if they know, like, and trust you after getting a few emails from you.
Clayton

kleinquick
Trust:
cterao wrote:What do you need powerpoint for? You can get a free equivalent through Google Docs (Google Drive). Or possibly through Open Office (free Microsoft Office-like platform).

I would also consider removing direct linking affiliate links from your website.

I think you will have much better results if you focus people's attention on one thing (which is building your email list).

Start to think of each article on your website as a squeeze page.

Then let your autoresponder do the selling.

People will be much more likely to buy from you if they know, like, and trust you after getting a few emails from you.

I think you make a good point. My large texts there seem out of place and make out for an obvious sale. I'm not quite sure how was successful doing that, but ok. I do recognize the importance of building an email list. I will focus more on doing that.

I need the powerpoint for making the video slides that james was talking about and submit them to video directories or sites. I was thinking putting some on my site and making a youtube channel of just me for my site.

I don't like writing big articles and just don't have the time for that. It's easier for me to just make a 5 or 10 minute video with some bullet points on a nice looking powerpoint.

I do have openoffice and i really don't see anything similar to powerpoint where i can set everything up into slides. Different panels or whatever.

I did find a google presentation on google docs though, so that works, thank you.

kallayprasanth05
Trust:
You can get quality traffic even without spinning articles. Article spinning should be the last resource to look for when it comes to getting potential traffic. Paid traffic is a good choice of course.
kleinquick
Trust:
You can get quality traffic even without spinning articles. Article spinning should be the last resource to look for when it comes to getting potential traffic. Paid traffic is a good choice of course.

yeah i have completely just decided to forget about doing that. I do want to go with PPC to be honest, but i really don't have the funds to dish out just yet. So what i have been doing is just focusing on social media and making videos for video submissions. Well been trying to at least... it's been kind of a slow process for me. Hopefully it all works out.

I'm also not entirely sure about which paid traffic is the best to invest in

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi kleinquick,

Social media marketing and video submissions take time, but so do all other link building methods. But the positive effects of these links are long term, so the effort is worth it.

I wish you all the best!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

kleinquick
Trust:
Social media marketing and video submissions take time, but so do all other link building methods. But the positive effects of these links are long term, so the effort is worth it.

I wish you all the best!

thank you cecille, that's exactly what i want to do. I want to set things up to work long term. I have completely convinced myself that this will take time, i realize all that now. It seems like what a lot of gurus don't tell you is that this kind of stuff takes time. No matter what you try, especially free traffic methods. PPC i see of course is faster, but even that takes a little time.

I'm determined to make this all work

PremiumMember
robertjebay53
Trust:
Hiya,
You have the dubious honour of being the first forum entry I am making as a member of AffilioTheme.

Spinning articles is good in generating a quantity of new ones. BUT BUT (yes 2 but's) you MUST read every one thus created. You will need to make adjustments to make them read properly but at least the basic material has been provided for you.

I have been to article directories to get material for my websites and have been disappointed at not finding even 1 article that did not need some editing to make it read correctly. Remember you are creating the articles for humans NOT search engines.

It is well worth the effort to create quality articles especially the longer ones circa 400-500 words as you can use them in so many ways as has been mentioned in earlier replies in this thread.
kleinquick
Trust:
Hiya,
You have the dubious honour of being the first forum entry I am making as a member of AffilioTheme.

oh yeah your post was humorous alright

This topic was started on Mar 27, 2013 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.