Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Is it legal to buy a product using your affiliate link?

rubanz
Trust:

Is it legal to buy a product using your affiliate link?

Is this legal and do you think it's moral if your intentions are to test and review the product?
PremiumMember
graceharman
Trust:
Lots of affiliates do it, and Clickbank don't have a problem with it. Some other directories like Paydot do, however.
rubanz
Trust:
Cool. Can the Vendor find out and get mad? Is it legal?
wollowra
Trust:
Well, look at it from the vendors point of view.
If I was selling a product on clickbank and you purchased my product through your affiliate link to review it for your site, so you could do an honest review. I would have no problem doing it.
Thousands of affiliates do this. You are fine Rubanz, go right ahead.
As for Legal aspects... I am not a lawyer but all you are doing is purchasing a product to review it or use it.
If it were illegal, I am sure it would be all over the internet on thousands of forums.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

rubanz
Trust:
True, thanks Troy have a great weekend all
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Also, if you think of it from an "offline" perspective, people 'buy' from their own store all the time.

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

rubanz
Trust:
what do you mean gradyp?
bartko09
Trust:
rubanz wrote:what do you mean gradyp?

If you owned a grocery store would you buy a loaf of bread from yourself or from your comeptitor?
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
exactly!
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

zfilinger
Trust:
Rubanz,

if your case is to do the hones review, I`d recommend you to write to the vendor first for a free copy for your review. I`ve done it 5 times so far and all vendors were ok with it. The only thing they wanted to know was the address of my site - just to ensure I`m not a regular guy who wants just to take advantage of their product.

Zbynek

This topic was started on Dec 11, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.