Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Is it good to link to .ORG sites?

nates450r
Trust:

Is it good to link to .ORG sites?

Hello everyone,

I cant remember when but i heard mark talking about .edu links are good to have when you are trying to build a authority site.

I have been contacted by a .ORG website with a PR of 7 for a link exchange -im not stupid (i have done the obvious) and have traded links.

are .ORG sites also good to link to?
and another thing, my site is high quality with a lot of content but has PR of 0 why would a .ORG site with a PR of 7 want to link to my site?
Last edited by michellerana on 29 Oct 09 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changed title to describe the post better

faradina
Trust:
.org domain names are easy to come by; you can just buy a .org domain from any merchant who sells domains ( unlike .edu domains for which one will have to go through a qualifying process ). This means that not all .org domains are good to link to. If the .org site you are linking to is of high quality and rank and it has relevance to your website, then it's good.
nates450r
Trust:
ok, thank you
nates450r
Trust:
just an update the .org site linked to my site from their home page, on a blogroll. can someone explain what a blogroll is? it is the first time i have heard that term.

thanks, Nathan
Last edited by michellerana on 06 Nov 09 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
a blogroll is just a list of links people use on a blog. I have a blogroll listing my favorite blogs, my favorite websites, and some affiliate products I promote with my blog. its ok but does not get a lot of clicks. It probably will vary with different niche markets, but I have not seen a lot of traffic using my blogroll.
Last edited by michellerana on 06 Nov 09 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Your Focus Determines Your Reality

nates450r
Trust:
ok, thask you
nates450r
Trust:
thank you LOL

This topic was started on Oct 29, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.