Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Is Internet marketing WORTH IT.........I give up

g1akhtar
Trust:

Is Internet marketing WORTH IT.........I give up

Hi there.

I have been doing internet marketing for about a year now. You name it, I've done it. From all different ways and stuff - been ripped of many times of loads of money on the way.

I have made a little money from CB sales and Adsense etc, but it doesn't justify the amount of time, frustration and money i have invested.

I have developed sites and got them on front page Google and still no luck, even if i have a fair bit of traffic getting to this site.

The whole internet marketing experience is just fail after fail and is hurting my health and mental state quite bad. How much can a person take, people have to draw a line somewhere.

I question myself can this really be done..................and make a living.

I have join Affiloblueprint earlier and like niche marketing I'm gonna go through this course and see what happens.

Then I'm just gonna throw in the towel and move on.

Please let me state I am not a quitter, and I don't like quitting but people have to make judgement on everything ie state of mind which is way more important then everything.
esolutions
Trust:
Hi,

How do you expect to succeed if you already have plans to "throw in the towel"? If you make the decision to succeed no matter what and cut off all other options, then you simply... don't have any other option but to succeed.

If you have made money online, you are WAY ahead of most people, rejoice in that success. Affiloblueprint is a great course, but it takes commitment. Use it to compliment what you already have.

Do you know exactly how you made money? Tracking everything? If so, improve and recreate. Spend more time (spend the MAJORITY of your time) focusing on what has worked for you and less time trying to find new ways or fix something that simply doesn't work.

If you're not tracking and don't understand exactly how and where you made money, then you need to do that starting now as this will show you exactly where to focus.
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Thanks for sharing your experience, Akhtar. I am sorry to hear you are discouraged. While I can understand where you're coming from, I can assure you that you can make money out of your affiliate sites.

I agree with esolutions. Don't focus on quitting. Just like in any business, you have to persevere, be persistent and determined and get that 'never give up' attitude. It is tough, it would take hard work, but it is possible to succeed in affiliate marketing.

Try following AffiloBlueprint. It is an excellent step by step guide on what you need to do to learn the business. It’s a system that has been proven to work time and time again by numerous Affilorama members.
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

g1akhtar
Trust:
Thanks for the support, people, i do understand what you are saying, but a whole year i have worked hard
trying to make money. I have stated it has effect on my health, and i am not putting my health in danger..

I have made money by spending loads of money on cpc and seo and way to expensive and NO i would not
be repeating that.

I did have the attitude where i said i would not quit but i have to see what more important my health, my mindset or just making money.

This does not mean i am quiting life or quiting to make money etc it just im throwing the towel in IM.

I call it planning where i throw in the towel and just move on, some things are not meant to be. It has tottally broke me down and i really cant take that much more to be honest. And my mind is going to get fried dont really want to be insane.

Yeah i am going to finish AB and get the site on front page i can sure you that, and im gonna see the situation from there.

I also see loads of people spending years and years at this and still not make a dime, this is insane you have to draw a line it is the best way forward, You can be doing something else that is more profitable.
PremiumMember
newstart
Trust:
The secret to internet affiliate marketing is testing. If your conversion rate (traffic/sales) is extremely low you need to test marketing ideas. The differences between a site that converts sellers to buyers from a site that only has traffic is often quite minimum.

Search engine optimization - you must get your site onto page one of search results. However, of the ten positions on page one only the top five are money producers. If your sites are not in the top five positions you are NOT in position to earn money with your website.

All business start-ups demand more time initially than the sales dollar return compared to labor expended. The advantage of online businesses is that after the income stream is created it can become passive. It is this passivity that you are looking for from each website.

Brick and mortar businesses often take five years of operation before one cent of profit is realized. With an online business it is common to expect immediate profit results. Your websites are clean well designed sites. Work on the basics especially the SEO for each site.

Testing requires sufficient record keeping. Develop a test system. Keep records of what works as well as what has not worked. Only by testing ideas can you modify your websites to make them money makers.

Your eBay website indicates you have experience marketing online using eBay. Use your eBay profits to hire VA's to limit your labor hours performing the menial jobs. In this way you will be able to devote your labor to the activities that directly produce revenue.

A defeatist attitude creates failure. No one succeeds with a defeatist attitude. One year of effort in creation of a profitable business is NOT much time. Most entrprenuers would tell you that they have devoted a great deal more effort before they started to realize any sort of success.

Margene
g1akhtar
Trust:
Margene thank you for the great advice, i also like your Casams site intresting. A defeatist attitude creates failure Wow strong words but i tottally agree with you. This is why with AB im creating a confidence site it funny how i work.

But i tottally disagree with you in best respectable way that Brick and mortar businesses often take five years of operation, It also can take way less then that. In IM term rinse and repeat the business models that i have.

But overall it is my attitude that is slowing me down in IM and i am focusing on it.

thanks again
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
The fastest way to succeed is to super focus on 1 thing. when I hit that hard road myself, I dropped everything and focussed all my efforts on 1 page on my site. got that page into high rankings, and then went to the next. through doing that, I learned what it took to get high rankings and make a page convert to sales.

It takes a lot of work, and yes some people take years, but honestly, the mindset is what is causing your problem, not the mechanics of the business model.

I would recommend going through mark's mindset class in the AB bonuses. its worth its weight in gold. I still listen to it 3 years into this.

I went through a lot of struggles and got scammed a lot of times, but AB got me to making money, and it can work for you. However, with your mindset, you are defeating yourself before you even have a chance. although you are still going through the motions, you have given up inside.

That has to change, or you won't succeed, especially with a site on mindset. it will come across in how you write, and everything that you do, and people don't want to see that.

If you need help, ask. there are several of us who will help you get there, but you have to ask for it.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

PremiumMember
thebigventure
Trust:
Champ, it has all been said. Your mindset is killing you. Those who don't quit at this, eventually succeed, unless they don't learn from their mistakes and keep making them over and over again.

1) You say you've done so much, good. Now go back and don't do those things, so you have a better chance of succeeding. But you need to understand why those things didn't work. WHERE did you make mistakes? And WHY didn't they work?

2) You say you got pages to the top of Google. Fantastic. How much traffic did they get? How was that compared to what you expected?

3) If they received good amounts of traffic, you say they didn't convert. Was that due to poorly selected keywords? Or bad monetization of the page? Or a bad quality site?

4) Finally, you say you've tried everything, CB, Adsense, etc. all in the space of a year? That's insane man. I can only assume that you never really went into depth in any of it? I've been doing this stuff on and off for about 2+ years now, and I've ONLY ever stayed in CB sales. Yet I still can't keep up with everything to stay on the ball, and keep my sales levels increasing month after month. That tells me that you just breezed through things hoping for a quick buck?

I know some of that might seem harsh, I'm just saying it as I see it. I HOPE you DON'T quit man. This place here (Affilorama) is amazing, and AB (which you're starting now by the looks of it) is the course I began with. Don't stick to it to the letter. Explore and learn further things from it. BUT keep referring back to it for the basics. Get those done first.

Last thing bud. This IM game isn't a game of luck. You need to test (as said above), fail, learn from it, and IMPROVE!

My first few sites were complete flops.
Site 1) Bad design - unprofessional.
Site 2) Too many ads.
Site 3) Bad keywords.

Each time, I DIDN'T make the mistake I made in the previous website. Result? Eventually I got sales from a site.

My suggestions:
1) Stick to one model - CB sales for example.
2) Work on 1 site.
3) If you make a mistake - find out what it is, and improve.
4) If you don't - find out what you're doing right, and replicate it.
http://www.TheBigVenture.com - Started 6 years ago...finally making $15,000+ per month now!

g1akhtar
Trust:
Thanks for the support buddies, yeah as mentioned i did breeze through thing, but i have learned alot now
and sticking to certain things. People do need to hear strong words so they make a change, and i will.

This thread look like i looking for sympathy lol but im just expressing how it is.

once again thanks and dont worry i will be asking loads of questions
smuigal
Trust:
Hi Akhtar,

I think everyone has pretty much given you a good grip on where to focus. I'd like to recommend some threads for you to read in this forum. Plus, I'm going to share with you my personal struggles. Well, briefly, cause they are within a very loooooong story.

Okay, first thread, this is the one I started the day I quit my offline job. And Akhtar, I started trying to make money online since 1998!

affiliate-hangout/i-quit-i-quit-my-offline-job-t4969.html

Next, I want to share a thread by someone who made a very smart purchase. He bought an "Affiloblueprint" website that was profiting and he built it into a more profitable site.

affiliate-hangout/made-1000-t8068.html

Learning from failure is not a bad thing. This thread is golden Akhtar, please read this one:

affiliate-hangout/learning-from-my-failures-how-about-you-t13373.html

I was able to write 4 articles on my site based on this thread alone.

Part of the problem with buying "systems and methods" on how to make money is the missing element that people sometimes call, "fluff". You see, we all just want to have the "meat and potatoes" and we don't want to eat the salad, because sometimes they are just not as exciting.

But it is vital to learn those other things. The things in that last thread are so important. I have struggled so long Akhtar, and I have been so incredibly frustrated and discouraged that I did give up for a short time. Let me give you a summery of my personal struggle online.

1998 - set up and started to learn about the Internet (It was very new then). Bought my site Netwoozy.com in 2000, had a newsletter called an ezine back then, built it to 2000 members. Had no clue how to make money with it. Got really sick and had to quit.

I had built a nice rep. in the Warrior forum, and my readers loved me. But I had to quit due to health.

Came back online in 2005 and decided to pay for coaching at the cost of $2400. Total scam. Really a scam. Like the guys set up office, then after collecting your money and other customers money, they hit the road. VERY VERY discouraged here, but I had also come up with a software design that was not online yet. It was a 3 way backlinking program. Took me 2 years to find a programmer and marketing company to build it. Things were going well, then it all came apart. I won't go into this, but again, VERY VERY discouraged. Cried my little heart out on that one.

2006 was the year of Google Adsense I think. I created an entire series of videos on how to set up a site with Google Adsense. Again, no clue how to really get this off the ground. One very big guru online took a look and poo-poo'd it because while I had earned $600.00 a month in Adsense, it just wasn't enough to "prove" myself according to him.

Okay, NOW I'm totally beat up, really feeling quite small and so I gave up. But I have a highly creative brain and I have to share what's in there or I go nuts so... I came back online in 2008, read, learned, watched, then someone recommended Mark's program here to me. I have tried to make money with affiliate marketing but failed to really make more than a few sales (partly due to not understanding the above issues in that thread I recommeneded).

I think I purchased AB in March of 2009. I opened up my web design program and watched Marks videos. I followed along and created WowHacked.com the EXACT niche that Mark used in his tutorials.

I got distracted with a shinny new program, wait... 2 new programs. 1 was a Pay per click membership site, was there about 30 days, quit after realizing it was not how I wanted to learn to make money. The other program was just a distraction.

Then I woke up and thought, ARG! I need to STICK to AB and follow through, so I did. After finishing the creation of this site, and working on the SEO, I made my first sale 5 weeks later, and this site was the reason I was able to quit my offline job. I sold that site to pay off my credit cards.

Here's the things that I did wrong Akhtar, I made tooooo many AB sites. I could not work all of them, I just didn't have time.

I started to build up an SEO business and made good money with that, but here I am building other people's sites up and my poor Netwoozy site was totally neglected. This year, back in Jan. I made the decision to quit SEO and follow another path.

A friend of mine is really good with business offline so I said, "Jim, could you please come over and help me figure out how to grow my Internet business - the business side?" He said ok and here's the most valuable thing anyone has ever said to me...

Chrisi, STICK to one thing. FOCUS on that. Let nothing else get in the way.

Does that sound simple? He told me that back in the summer sometime. Believe me when I tell you that sticking and focus are NOT easy for me. I had to just about split myself into too people. I'm the only one that can handle ME, my husband has no idea about Internet marketing so I'm it when it comes to paying attention to myself.

I do NOT FOCUS on anything else, but this ONE thing now. Think of me like australian shepherd dog. If you don't work those dogs, they would go nuts. You must keep them on target and in focus. So, I now have a daily Task list, I have a Goals chart, daily, weekly, long term.

I do NOT allow that creative mind to go free anymore. It's hard, but I'm seeing the financial rewards so while I get shaky sometimes wanting to explore elsewhere, I don't let myself go there. Instead, I go for a walk on the river trail or my husband and I take a trip to the beach for a day or two (which I can now afford to do anytime I want)

OH, I forgot. I write all my creative ideas down on my iPad, which I take everywhere with me. It really helps because I know that if I want to use them someday, I can. :)

I now only have 1 SEO client left. I've gotten rid of all the rest. People still want me to work for them, but I am now saying, "No, I don't do that anymore". YIPPEE!!!

I'm now earning double what I was in SEO and it is growing by the week. And now I'm just about ready to pay other people to build other assets for me.

So, last thing I will say is this... Focus - Outsource. Those two things have made my dreams of making enough money to care for my family online come true.

Oh, wait... here's hehe... I do have one more thing to say. Stop buying other methods or anything else until you finish building your AB site. Be sure to follow Marks advice on building traffic etc... and if you make money, if you can, set aside that money you earn online for Outsourcing.

Um... let me squeeze in another thought here.

I have a Paypal account. I use that money for two things.

1. Ousourcing, outsourcing, outsourcing.
2. My husband. lol... well, he just sort of thinks it's his personal stash and spends it on his Dark Room (photography) and his silly online airplane game.

Okay, there you go. I really hope we can help you here Akhtar. This is my favorite forum. Everything you need is either here, or you can ask for it, and we can help you.

Best Wishes to You,
Chrisi
Need help? Looking for answers? I've coached 70+ students to 5 and 6 figure success. Private message me on FB for details on a one on one session for help knowing where to start your success or end your failure. https://www.facebook.com/netwoozy.gal

g1akhtar
Trust:
WOW Chrisi great story very inspiring i thought i had it bad geting ripped off and and trying to make money online. The thread of failure is great learned alot.

Wow u kept at it for that long, i have give it to you. Im looking at some serious dates, u must be a strong women, im sure ur husband is proud of you

That is correct you have to stick with one thing and make it work, this is what i am doing now.
It is tempting to look at others as you think you can do everything, but you are causing more problems.

I was a proper space cadet before just doing what in front of me and trying to deliver, But im sticking to this blueprint for sure

I got all my outsources ready to go for my sites, and working at a site at a time. I think im like you, i was gonna build about 5 to 10 of them but im just work on a site at a time.

Thank you once again chrisi for your support and advice as well as this forum it has been some great help
jacaranda
Trust:
g1akhtar wrote:Then I'm just gonna throw in the towel and move on.

'nough been said here.. see my 'yellow brick road' signature below.. :)
newbie-friendly Membership site for Niche Marketing:

-> http://www.nicheproftclassroom.com/

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
I am just amazed at this outpouring of support and encouragement to a fellow Affilorama member. :)

@g1akhtar - There's plenty of lessons/pieces of advice to take note here. Always remember that we are always here to assist you so do not hesitate to post your inquiries or send it to us through our support page.

Merry Christmas! :)
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

sandy.black70
Trust:
g1akhtar wrote:Hi there.

I have been doing internet marketing for about a year now. You name it, I've done it. From all different ways and stuff - been ripped of many times of loads of money on the way.

I have made a little money from CB sales and Adsense etc, but it doesn't justify the amount of time, frustration and money i have invested.

I have developed sites and got them on front page Google and still no luck, even if i have a fair bit of traffic getting to this site.

The whole internet marketing experience is just fail after fail and is hurting my health and mental state quite bad. How much can a person take, people have to draw a line somewhere.

I have join Affiloblueprint earlier and like niche marketing I'm gonna go through this course and see what happens.

Please let me state I am not a quitter, and I don't like quitting but people have to make judgement on everything ie state of mind which is way more important then everything.

Marketing is an essential component for product proliferation and adoption across the targeted audience. Conventional marketing strategies have always been associated with a hefty budget and market research requirements. As the world is becoming smarter and more efficient people across the globe have started realizing the benefits of Internet Marketing. Internet has been able to penetrate all parts of the globe. Businesses and humans are not limited to a particular geography and all corners of the world are facilitating from the ease and use of Internet marketing initiatives.

There are too many advantages of using Internet marketing as the modern tool and strategy to draw more customers to trigger unprecedented growth. Let’s explore some of the key ones:

Internet marketing has been more effective when measured on the aspect of product meeting the eyes of an end user.

You can design and woo your customers in a better way without much time and investments on an Internet Marketing enabled campaign. With less cycle time you can meet more needs of your customers when compared to conventional channel.
One of the best aspect of an Internet Marketing campaign is that it meets the eye of the target much faster and in a concentrated way.

You can manage your leads and convert them into opportunities in a faster manner too.

It has proven to provide a clear cut communication between the customer and the service provider.

Internet marketing leads to product innovation. Vendors are informed about the preferences and likings of the end user and they manufacture or present the services in a desired manner.

Proliferation of your service portfolio is pretty easy and simple online. Within no time you can create a campaign and send it across to major social networks including LinkedIn. Twitter or Stumble Upon. You can better your online revenues and increase your bottom-line over the period of time.
With better customer satisfaction and increased bottom-line you are sure to become a prominent entity in the segment of your industry.
More people admit to the fact that Internet marketing and an online presence can provide a more trustworthy image of self or business online. It has helped in new customer acquisition and growth even in the challenging times of recession.
Internet as an arena is growing year by year. More number of users are buying or are interested in buying products and services online than ever before. Challenges will lie ahead for the vendors to differentiate themselves in order to stay in the hunt of customer acquisition, Retention and growth. Innovation through Internet and Internet marketing can help companies to stay afloat and nurture their talent pool and strengths in correct direction.
So if you have been interested all this while in carrying out Internet Marketing efforts, make an attempt now. Just ensure that you know your niche and the demands of customers well enough. You are sure to grow your online business if you can offer value to your customers online.
http://www.ellipsissolutions.com/
Solving Complex Sales and Marketing Problems with Simple Solutions

mhtconsultancy
Trust:
I've also been in your shoes, and probably still am.

I've resorted to all sorts of methods to make money online methods, but have only met a little success in two methods: grinding in MMORPGs to hunt and sell valuable items (not very feasible as a long-term solution since it can take a really long time, and require massive luck many a time), participate in MLM schemes (not very successful, but miraculously earned a bit).

I've tried forex, but looks it's not my cup of tea and it's too risky for me as I really lack capital; lost hundreds before I knew it...

So back to Internet marketing again after the whole rollercoaster ride.
Want to sell your awesome ebooks and services, but can't afford EXPENSIVE listing fees?

Visit http://bizzymania.com right now, the Internet marketing forum where you can sell and advertise your ebusiness for FREE, plus great tips to build your online income!

hardnova01
Trust:
I started back in 04, with 18hrs per day and 7 days a week and nearly 300 domains. I worked myself sick and nearly crazy. I felt just like you do. Then I decided to take a look at my life and saw that I had to focus on exactly what I was an expert in and only that. I started over, stuck to my areas of expertise and guess what? I started making money. The other thing that helped me save 12 of those hours a day was getting rid of all the tools I had that slowed me down and finally finding just one that helped me get more efficient. So, take a look at what you are doing and how you do it, then start working smarter, not harder. Get help from people who make MORE money than you do and do exactly as they are doing. You may have better results.

g1akhtar wrote:Hi there.

PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
hardnova01 wrote:I started back in 04, with 18hrs per day and 7 days a week and nearly 300 domains. I worked myself sick and nearly crazy. I felt just like you do. Then I decided to take a look at my life and saw that I had to focus on exactly what I was an expert in and only that. I started over, stuck to my areas of expertise and guess what? I started making money. The other thing that helped me save 12 of those hours a day was getting rid of all the tools I had that slowed me down and finally finding just one that helped me get more efficient. So, take a look at what you are doing and how you do it, then start working smarter, not harder. Get help from people who make MORE money than you do and do exactly as they are doing. You may have better results.

It's stories like this that make me really love this forum :)

I can't even begin to imagine managing 300 domains! Although a part of me wishes I had started back in 2004 :)
Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/

mike_matthews7
Trust:
I have just joined this site and to be honest it's poor .

You need teachers to help us learn.

The videos just say look how clever I am. And I make lots money doing this.

I will not renew

Bye all

And to top it of someone trying to push a weedwacker at my expense
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi mike_matthews7,

I appreciate your feedback and have forwarded it to the appropriate department. We currently do not offer one on one teaching, however, we strive to make our lessons, and the website as whole, accessible to everyone. We provide both customer and technical support to all our members and subscribers. You can either post here in the forums or contact us through our support page..

All the best!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

mike_matthews7
Trust:
Please cancel my account thank you
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
I'm sorry to hear you want to cancel your premium account. Can you specify what you are struggling with? I would love to be given a chance to help you out.

Please let me know and if I can't help at all, I will be happy to process your cancellation request. Do send us an email by going to this page http://www.affilorama.com/contact

Thank you and all the best for 2012! :)
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

This topic was started on Dec 07, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.