Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Is Finding the Right Niche More Important than Marketing?

griser12
Trust:

Is Finding the Right Niche More Important than Marketing?

Hi,

I've been struggling for a long time with affiliate marketing without significant success. I've put more than 2,000 of work, effort, and learning but above all, I'm not giving up!

I don't consider it a failure, just part of the learning process. I've made a little more than I've lost. However, I think the main reason for my lack of success is working on the wrong niches.

Based on what I've learned, I think that finding a good and profitable niche determines more your success than effective keywords, promotion, monetizing, SEO, etc.

I know all of these other factors are important and can make a big difference, but more so in the right niche. If you start with a bad or unprofitable niche, then you're working a lot harder and with fewer chances of significant success.

I appreciate your comments.
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Finding the right niche is a crucial step in becoming a successful affiliate marketer. For a niche to be profitable, you should find at least three products in Clickbank on your chosen niche with high gravity. The right keywords and other SEO techniques with good marketing strategies will be built around your chosen niche. How these things will work together will determine your success.
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

wollowra
Trust:
I think choosing a good niche is important.
You may go through several niches before you find the right one for you.
EG: Imagine if you are really interested in growing fungus.
Nothing wrong with that, but is the market interested in growing fungus too?

Hmmm, I wonder if that's even a niche...lol

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Theres two parts to finding profitable niches.

You can go for a niche that is already profitable, or that will always have ongoing demand - health and wealth being two strong niches in this category.

Or you can focus on rising stars, based on new trends coming through. These are often more short term but can be very profitable.

As Troy mentions its important to really find out what the market wants - tools like the Google Keyword tool can help you find out what people are searching for and base your decisions around that, as well as finding a profitable product in ClickBank with a high gravity.
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

griser12
Trust:
I think I'll keep trying new niches and focus on determining non-profitable ones sooner. I probably have spent too much unnecessary time on wrong niches or markets.

Thanks for your feedback
superaff
Trust:
Your niche is really important.

If you choose the wrong niche at the beginning, your income will be very limited.

Let me tell you a little story... When I first started online, I built three sites. One was making money, but I left it because at this time, it was difficult to write articles on this subject (a big beginner mistake), and started focusing on my other websites and started marketing them like crazy. however, for these two websites, the niche was way too general.

And do you what happened?

The first website that I wasn't promoting earned MORE than the two other websites I was promoting.

Crazy stuff. It's really where I started to understand the importance of choosing a profitable niche.

Franck
Last edited by michellerana on 20 Oct 09 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Did you see the amazing case studies on my blog http://mynetmarketingland.com/blog1/
Affiloblueprint Bonus: http://www.mynetmarketingland.com/mark-ling/affiloblueprint.html

This topic was started on Oct 18, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.