Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Is email marketing effective for small niches?

gabby6480
Trust:

Is email marketing effective for small niches?

Six months ago I created a throw-away gmail account and signed up to a number of free mini-courses offered in sales letters. I was quite selective and only signed up to small evergreen niches.

Recently I went back to this gmail account to discover that most newsletter series lasted less than 30 days, and a couple under 60 days... then I never hear from them.

Isn't that a waste? Aren't these people stuck paying a monthly fee from aweber (or whoever)?

So my question to you is: how can a vendor/affiliate in a small niche, monetize their 'free list' when there isn't an abundance of RELATED products to promote?
gabby6480
Trust:
A lot of the newsletters I subscribed to were in health - particularly products that offered natural solutions to problems like; tinnitus, yeast infections, reflux, excess sweating etc..
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
That right there might be a part of your answer, gabby. Some niches don't do as well with email marketing, particularly long term. These health related ones you just mentioned are probably a prime example of that. Most people searching for those are most likely interested in a solution, and when they have that solution, they're no longer interested in the topic.

Other niches do tend to do very well with email marketing, particularly with subjects that are of long term interest. For example, someone interested in self improvement today will most likely still be interested in it in 6 months. Same with a hobby like playing the guitar or a sport like golf.

Hope this helps!

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
it really depends on the niche topic, not the size of it. you can get some really obscure micro niches that dont have a lot of traffic, but the traffic that they do have are RABID when it comes to consuming information on their topic. but, you have to think about the problem, and how long it will last.

For example, my ex wife has a rare autoimune disease. really its a small niche with maybe a few hundred monthly searches, but the people that have it will have it the rest of their lives, and will always be eager for news on the latest research, treatement options, etc...

but, if I had a yeast infection, I wouldn't want a newsletter to remind me of it for years to come.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

PremiumMember
sethczerepak
Trust:
You have to think about how persistent the need is. If someone has a yeast infection, they're probably going to do something about it within 30 days...if they don't buy the product during that time, they'll probably never buy. On the other hand, in the personal growth niche, that's an ongoing process, so you can do newsletters for years.

This topic was started on Mar 23, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.