Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Is anyone having trouble with Google Analytics?

PremiumMember
kieran
Trust:

Is anyone having trouble with Google Analytics?

Hello Everybody

I have been using Analytics for a couple of months and find its reports very useful (I currently have 3 sites or 'profiles'). However, about 10 days ago, I found that I could only login to the Overview page but was being prevented from getting into the reports by my overzealous Internet Explorer browser. The message says: To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors.

No matter what changes I try to make in Tools, or in my firewall (Kaspersky), this blocking will not go away. The page even carries my firewall message 'Trusted Site'!

I have tried accessing with Firefox and Chrome, no messages but no access to the reports either. Trying with a different computer, an Apple Mac with no firewall and using Safari, still no luck. So I don't think this is a firewall issue and, in any case, I havn't changed anything in my computer settings in the last few weeks.

Google has responded by saying, in essence, this is not a Google problem. At the same time it has pointed me to a number of forums with threads on exactly this problem dating back at least 3 years - and all say that this IS a Google problem! To me , the problem seems to be a Google security certificate that is not being recognized by my computer (but why now, after a few months working OK?).

I have tried numerous techie websites that claim to solve all sorts of problems like this, but each thread always end with the open question: What can I do to solve this problem?

Has anybody else experienced this and, more importantly, has anybody got a solution that works?

Or is there another good website data reporting program that anyone could recommend instead of Analytics?

Regards

Kieran
Last edited by michellerana on 02 Oct 09 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: title changed to describe the post better

Kieran

www.moneymakingbuzz.com - the Key to Online Wealth
www.buildthingsdirect.com - the Top Site for Home Improvement Projects

esolutions
Trust:
Hi,

I haven't had trouble accessing Google Analytics, not sure what could be happening there.

There is a free stats program called statcounter.com that offers very basic stats.

A paid program that absolutely blows GA out of the water is visistat.com, really great stats indeed, I think they start at $10 a month or something like that.

Good luck
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

PremiumMember
kieran
Trust:
Thanks, I might give visistat a try if I can't get Google to sort thngs out.

Kieran
Kieran

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Hi Kieran,

I've read positive reviews on Statcounter, Statsjunky and Tracking202 Pro as tracking softwares :)
Statcounter is free if you have low volume.
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

PremiumMember
kieran
Trust:
Thanks Michellerana

My battle with Google continues, but I think I will give Statcounter a try.

Appreciate your help.

Kieran
Kieran

This topic was started on Sep 30, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.