Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Is AB 2.0 still practical these days & my honest confession?

wenching
Trust:

Is AB 2.0 still practical these days & my honest confession?

Hi everyone,

I know it is quite shy to post here since I am not new to AB 2.0 and I like to confess. I was with AB 2.0 some time and I didn't take action because I was very skeptical.

Why?

a) I didn't believe IM world was happening back then. I thought it was a lie like get rich scheme. Big claimed gurus sucking out money from the beginners, which most of them were true actually (due to rehash stuff) … and these gurus i heard earn money from so many sources, so you can't really saying there are doing super well in just affiliate marketing like clickbank (coz they also do other stuff like CPA, offline business, JV, Product Launches, etc. or even black hat, never know right?) .. Furthermore, some gurus claimed they earn USD$50,000 per week … but they could probably spend paid advertising so much more, no proof on this one right? Plus they have manpower. How a beginner like me can make that happen?

b) I told myself … there was never such thing call get rich scheme … after moving forward from AB 2.0 and i went to purchase a lot of WSO in warriorforums or private courses (totally burnt out thousands from my pocket) .. But in my heart, i wanted to earn fast money to recover my losses... which i failed so badly, each time I got worst... plus i never took actions, the WSOs kept me hanging and full of empty promises (not all of them, but most of them). Thinking it through, Mark Ling’s course is quite good actually. Regret.

c) I bought a lot of gurus stuff ... some are like too basic for me (over promised), upload files, what the? Or too advance for me... which i am not even sure how to start... i can't find the in-between stuff ... some said step by step... come on, that doesn't look step by step to me ...

d) I will never do black hat methods, like post fake pictures (kind of e-whoring) or post forums as a sexy gals... that is not happening for me, knew 1 guy made USD$100,000 per year .. I am not going to fake myself... Or post some forums replies with my signature for the sake of backlinking, that is fake too. It defeats the whole community purpose. I want sustainable income for long run :) There are many ways to earn money and I want to make money the right way.

e) Out of focus ... i tried clickbank, then learn amazon, later eBay, move on SEO, AdSense, etc... Never ending trend stuff... and... After 1 year... I have not done much ... ouch! Information overload. Outgoing money and NO incoming …

f) I am an IT professional, means i do web development in full time job for large enterprise. What I am doing for affiliate marketing sales pages (very long with red H1 titles) is like defeating my concept of user experiences, what I preach in the IT industry. I am not saying I am good, just I keep feeling ... can this really work? too many negatives thoughts from my end...

g) I really have tough time understanding the lady voice in the AB 2.0 videos... sorry to be honest here, i did feedback last time... no response... i also just PM Aletta... hopefully the new enhancements has better audio quality (in terms of accents or slang), probably that was one of the major reasons I didn't listen the whole AB 2.0 course and move on to other products out there ... but i can't blame anyone.. Because i didn't read the PDF file. Oops, my fault. Really hope this can be improved.

h) I guess my number 1 issue is i am making an average to good pay grade at full time job based on my age (rat race world). So I didn't put much effort to be successful in this. That is why I plan to make a comeback :) Even though a good pay, but I don't have time for myself and family.

So back to my original question... is this ab2.0 still practical as of for now June 2010?

Why i ask this?

a) I really keen to make a comeback to AB 2.0. I want to start to make things happen and believe in Mark Ling. Whatever he shared, it did made sense after buying so many WSO... there is a pattern and all back to basics fundamentals. No point learns all the trendy stuff but my basic is weak.

b) Is Affiliate Marketing still a good income generation thing? I heard Affiliate Marketing is hard to earn money unlike CPA marketing? Any thoughts? I know CPA is not covered in AB 2.0. But I also not so keen with CPA, very troublesome. Need to get myself interviewed for CPA networks.

c) Google FTC, Google Slaps, new policies happening here, PPC adwords changes to prevent adwords account getting banned... are the videos still up to the trend?

d) So many new trends- facebook, twitter, stumbleupon, etc to drive traffic … are the videos sufficient for me to compete with the new ways?

e) More and more people are coming online doing IM unlike 1 year ago … so competitions increased …

f) I noticed a lot of gurus kept saying this ... selling own info product is the way to go... selling affiliate products are the end of the world or obsolete... i am not sure how true for 2010... But you know, if i sell the World of Warcraft eBook... many people are selling the same... isn't that very hard to earn say USD$1000 per day? And it seems to me that i need to have thousands of mini sites (aka landing pages or sales pages) on affiliate products so I can have a sustainable income.

g) Lastly, should I create an authority site like for World of Warcraft example? If I just create a landing pages with few product reviews of World of Warcraft game ... I am not sure this can be a long run income to me ... unlike an authority site on Blizzard games which I can build more potential income. Any tips on Authority sites VS Landing Pages/Sales Page (like the one Mark Ling's taught in the videos).

Any help from people who has successfully implemented Affiliate Marketing using AB 2.0 and the AB 2.0 team?

Thanks.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I can understand what you have been through. However what you have done is what 90% of the people who buy products do, which is why they fail. I have seen many programs that were proclaimed to be scams because people failed to use them properly.

to your question, I never had a problem understanding Aletta, but the new videos are great. i have even talked about the updates in some of my promotions.

look at the motivation behind the people telling you affiliate marketing is dead. they are trying to sell you something. you knnow how most of their products are bieng sold? through affiliates.

affilitiate marketing is the easiest way to get into a niche, build up a steady income, and create a reputation, and a following of customers.

if you choose to create your own product later, once you know what people in your niche want and need,then you can create it.

however, for now, AB is still effective, I just built a new AB style site . it is about 3 weeks old, and I have already made 4 sales from it. however, your problem is you are trying to get rich quick. you wont get that with AB.

Ab will help you build up your income. however, it can take weeks or months to get there. if you focus, forget all other offers, and take it one step at a time, you can do it. We also have the AB forum. if something is confusing, or you have trouble, ask for help.
I have learned just as much from the other AB members as I did from the videos. There are always people willing to jump in and give their opinions.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

wenching
Trust:
Hi James,

Thanks for sharing your view. Appreciate it so much.

I believe affiliate marketing is a better platform for me to grow myself before doing my own products like you mention. Getting to know the niche is a good thing for me. Thanks for sharing that perspective. Seems like Affiliate industry won't die.

Just it is a bit tiring to find good affiliate programs sometimes and over the years, coz each affiliate offers have lifetime too. Unlike you create one product which probably can sell for years if it is a good one.

But curious ... I notice most affiliate marketers, they tend to own LOTS of websites just to earn maybe USD$1000 per day income. Is that true? Can't I create a few focus sites on certain niches and work harder from there? If I do follow Mark Ling's guide and be patient about it .. wonder how long it takes to achieve that figure .. I won't want to get myself into a get rick scheme for sure .. but I need to set some goals to inspire me, hehe. If takes me 10 years to achieve that, that seems to be bad. Haha.

I am okay with Mark Ling's accent, but I find Aletta's voice a bit hard to understand. Coz her voice goes up and down .. have to full blast my speakers to barely understand. But again, I don't blame her since I don't read the pdf transcripts too. To be honest, I do have difficulty understanding certain foreign accent sometimes. Much to be improved from my end.

Lastly, regarding the new videos .. how do i get that too? I did ping Aletta on this (guess is a weekend and world cup) .. hehe ... will I get the free upgrade to the new videos for existing subscribers to AB 2.0?

Any help? Thanks.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
personally, i have 10 sites right now, but i am only in 3 niches. i am not expanding any time soon. I am focusing on building more content on these sites, and turning them into authority sites.

i don't make 1000/day, and honestly, I don't know anyone who actually does it from home who honestly does either. All the big name marketers making big bucks like Mark, work in an office and have a staff of people working for them.

The new videos are in the ab area at the end of all the other videos. some of the changes were just made to the existing videos, so just redownload all of week 1. all existing members get access to the updates as they make them. this is one reason i like mark. Many others would use it as a way to milk more money out of people, but Mark showed that he really does care about his students.

wenching
Trust:
ohh so you mean the new changes only apply to Week 1- Introduction, market research, and keywords. Have to re-download if that is the case. Will that apply to other weeks too soon?

Can't seem to find the videos you talk about "end of all the other videos in ab area". Any idea where? Can PM me the link?

I notice a new section called AB Theme 2.0 Lessons, assume that is for wordpress fans.

Does Mark actually come into the forum and check things out? I hardly seen him, probably I am away too long. Haha.

So i can see that it is not easy to earn good money in IM world except i have a team of people to push further. Hope I can earn at least USD$500 per day or worst case USD$100 per day if put in efforts, else where is the motivation. Haha :P

No wonder most IM gurus do other online marketing like CPA, ebay, Amazon, product launches, etc else very hard to earn a lot of money.

James, why not you outsource so you can push yourself further? That's what most people say right?
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Wen,
I think you have so much going around in your own mind that you are getting overwhelmed or way ahead of yourself.
Do not think of $1000 a day. Think of $1 a day, then $2 a day, then $4 a day first then build on that.
Affiliate Marketing and Internet Marketing are still very young.
The form may change or the way people do things may change but the basic principle remains the same.
You are selling something to someone who has a need for it.
That will not be going anywhere because that is how the world operates.. you are selling something or buying something.

Just choose something that you feel would interest you and go for it.
Do not listen to other Guru's or people that are trying to sell you stuff if you think it is distracting to you.
I look at a lot of stuff myself.. but I just look at it, I don't buy it unless it fits in with my written plan and goals.

Anyway, best wishes.
Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

jcdean
Trust:
wollowra wrote:Hi Wen,
I think you have so much going around in your own mind that you are getting overwhelmed or way ahead of yourself.
Do not think of $1000 a day. Think of $1 a day, then $2 a day, then $4 a day first then build on that.
Affiliate Marketing and Internet Marketing are still very young.
The form may change or the way people do things may change but the basic principle remains the same.
You are selling something to someone who has a need for it.
That will not be going anywhere because that is how the world operates.. you are selling something or buying something.

Just choose something that you feel would interest you and go for it.
Do not listen to other Guru's or people that are trying to sell you stuff if you think it is distracting to you.
I look at a lot of stuff myself.. but I just look at it, I don't buy it unless it fits in with my written plan and goals.

Anyway, best wishes.
Regards
Troy

Really good advice troy.
Respect,
J.C. Dean
http://KillYourDayjob.com

wenching
Trust:
Well since I have not taking any actions for 1 year and already out of my original IM path .. I am changing my rules .. yeah probably is a good one too .. aiming $1 per day first. Stick to 1 guru. After all I need a starting ground and start to believe that IM is possible. Recently I bought a 10 days coaching program and seems like I am being cheated. No news, and that person was banned in warriorforum. Sigh :( No more WSOs in WarriorForum, very tempting for newbies. Lucky that course is only USD$27. Still expensive though, coz after covert to Malaysian dollars .. pain!

Guess I need to learn how to crawl before I walk.

Thanks Troy and J.C.Dean :)

Lastly I am still keen on the information that I posted earlier ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// originally responded to James's last reply

ohh so you mean the new changes only apply to Week 1- Introduction, market research, and keywords. Have to re-download if that is the case. Will that apply to other weeks too soon?

Can't seem to find the videos you talk about "end of all the other videos in ab area". Any idea where? Can PM me the link?

I notice a new section called AB Theme 2.0 Lessons, assume that is for wordpress fans.
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
And to answer your question, I see Mark come in all the time and answer posts. He might not as much in the more recent months (being a new dad can do that to you sometimes ;) But he does still pop in occasionally and respond to posts.

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

wenching
Trust:
Thanks Grady, I really hope he can share some insights for me. Well you know, he is the founder for this. Some honest feedback directly from him can boost up my motivation 10 x times more :) hopefully he does, pray for that :) hehe
cbond1
Trust:
Excuse me for my ignorance, but by AB, do you mean Affiliate Bootcamp?

cbondcarolina
faradina
Trust:
Welcome to the Affilorama forum, cbondcarolina!
AB means Affiloblueprint, the Affilorama course that provides a step by step guide to building a successful affiliate website. You can find out more about it on http://www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint
PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
Wenching, yes, AffiloBlueprint is still a very practical and useful program these days. I know a few people that are making very good money using it. I've launched a few sites as recently as a few months ago and they are making sales, so it definitely is not an outdated program.

I know it can be easy to feel overwhelmed with everything that people talk about these days: twitter, facebook, youtube buys, digg, yahoo answers, etc. The best way is to start small and take it one manageable bit at a time. Find a program that works for you, your personality, and the amount of time you have available to work on IM. Then just stick with that program and learn everything you can from it. Don't pay attention to what other people are talking about. At this stage, it will only distract and confuse you. Once you understand the basics, you can move on and learn new techniques and strategies.

If you are having a difficult time understanding Aletta in the videos, read the PDF's. The information is virtually the same, so you shouldn't miss anything.

AffiloBlueprint is a very powerful course, in my opinion though. If you apply it and stick with it, you can make some very good money in a few months.

I hope this helps.
Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/

wenching
Trust:
Hi Clayton,

Thanks for that piece of advice. Yeah, am looking the videos and also the pdf too. I plan to let go all the cool trendy stuff and focus at the basics. After all, I have yet to make any money online and nothing to lose. I am also stopping to use my credit card for WSOs except to buy domain name, etc.

** Also hoping to hear from the team on the updated videos, wonder what is so special with the new updated videos.
PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
LOL! Yeah, stay very far away from the WSO forum! That place can be very dangerous for your wallet! Some of those offers can be very compelling, but they rarely live up to what they promise.

Really, internet marketing is not very glamorous. When you're doing everything by yourself, probably about 75% or more of your time is spent doing boring things like submitting articles to directories or spinning articles.

I know it can be tough getting started, but there are lots of really great people at Affilorama that will help you with any questions you have along the way.
Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/

wenching
Trust:
Thanks Clayton :)
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
The WF is full of scams. i got banned for calling one of their favored members a liar because his wso blatanlty told people to break the TOS of Ezine articles.

There are so many fake experts there, it is hard to sort the little bit of good information from the loads of crap that are spewed there daily.

I would stay away from there unless you know enough to now the truth from the crap that people spew.

wenching
Trust:
Thanks James for sharing.

I recently bought a WSO there ... apparently in the same thread, the same guy used different accounts to reply back to provide testimonials .. in a way i was conned! That guy was banned and I got to know this from the admin. Sigh!

I also got another WSO too on Adsense ... really not up to the expectation $37 for such materials ... i mean well not good to say bad stuff you know .. sometimes i really wonder do they really know what is Step by Step means .. sigh ...

a poor victim like me who again and again got cheated ... sigh, i need to put an end on WSOs for sure! i am tired of "sighing" for 1 year.
jcdean
Trust:
cterao wrote:LOL! Yeah, stay very far away from the WSO forum! That place can be very dangerous for your wallet! Some of those offers can be very compelling, but they rarely live up to what they promise.

I don't disagree with this but, I find alot of really good PLR from the warrior forum WSOs.
Respect,
J.C. Dean
http://KillYourDayjob.com

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
you have to understand something about wso's. 90% of them are being sold by people who are scam artists. they have never made money at anything else but ripping newbies off. and they continue to get away with it.

there are a few good ones, but 90% of them are crap. thats why none of my stuff ever got listed there.

PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
@JCDean, LOL! I once bought a WSO just because it came with a bonus of 100,000 PLR articles and 10 PLR ebooks. I don't think I even looked at the actual WSO.

Those PLR articles are a freak'n gold mine! I don't think I'll ever have writer's block again.
Clayton

wenching
Trust:
Hi Clayton,

Which WSO did you buy last time? Any link? I know they have monthly paid PLR articles for an affordable price? But not too sure good or not. Just curious. There are WF members who have multiple accounts posting in the same thread which will lead them to account banned. So have to be careful with testimonials with WSO threads. Got cheated the last one. Sigh :(

Do you guys write or most of the time outsource to elance or like Clayton did to buy a PLR and give as free gift or setup a mini email course?
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I write my own as well as freelancing. i do articles for AB members for a discount if you are interested.

personally, I dont use PLR for my sites. most of it is ok for ideas, but not much else. the writing is poor, too many others have used it, and the content is usually not well researched. You have to be really careful what you get.

of course, I am probably going to eat my words here in a month or so. Got 1 plr product that I will ever promote as of right now, and that is AffiloJetPack. from what I have seen , and knowing Mark's commitment to quality, this will be unlike any other PLR in existence.

PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
I "THINK" the guy's name was Adam Bshero, but I can't seem to find the WSO right now after a quick browse through the WF.

Actually the all of my content is written by either myself or my writer. I use the PLR for ideas. Some of it is really good; some of it isn't. I'm kind of a control freak and a perfectionist, so I need to make sure that all my content is top-notch.

I'm really excited about AffiloJetpack too. I'm going to offer a bonus package for the launch, which will be the first time I've ever promoted an IM product. But like James said, Mark really does have quality products, so I doubt AffiloJetpack will be any different.
Clayton

wenching
Trust:
Thanks for sharing. Just AffiloJetPack is quite expensive. Not sure is worth the money :( for beginner like me. Invested the amount not sure I can make any money return.

I assume you all review the product already right? Hehe.
chris72
Trust:
Hey Wenching,
Mind if I pop my 2 cents in here?

AffiloJetpack might be a cost initially, but to set up one site, create the content and do the follow up stuff that AffiloJetpack does would cost you anywhere between $1000 and $5000 (depending on whose figures you take into account and what your outsourcing costs).

That's not even taking into account the time that you have to spend on each site to get it up and running properly.....

But for a smidgen of the cost you get 5 sites that are ready to go AND all the follow up stuff..... and being an Affilorama product you know that it will be good quality as well......

Just my opinion :o)
Kick-Butt Writing Services http://rachaelmcnaught.com

Outstanding Quality PLR Packs http://niche-plr-products.com

Learn to be a Digital Writer http://thedigitalwriter.net/

wenching
Trust:
Thanks for sharing your view. However, when this product is launched on the World Wide Web .. many people will get hold on this ... wouldn't this get saturated online? or worst to the black hat community and reached out more people out there...

If say 1000 people using the same theme packs (following + giving out the same ebooks, plr, etc .. i mean what makes me unique over to the other person? well of course I will modify a bit here and there (due to inexperience) ... but the original content will be the same + i won't want to go too far away as I like to make sure my website & contents do attract people...

wouldn't that actually kills me more? Say if a customer comes to my site and go into my competitors sites,notice we are using the same contents + same ebooks given by AffiloJetPack (maybe cover a bit different).
vqaa
Trust:
Accent? What accent
Hey come on that sucks..........English
Hey bro cem in thut sex..........New Zealand
Hay corm orn thaat sarks,,,,,,,,American
Hiay cohm ohn that suk.........Philippino..my wife

Have fun
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Wenching, that is exactly why I dont use PLR products. however, it wont matter for the email list. personally, i will rewrite everything to add my personal voice to it, and make it a little more original. however, it will be great content for the sites. Also, if you are honest, and look around, you will find that most of the websites already have the same content. not necessarily the same articles, but most of the tips you find are the same ones just said in a different way.
As long as you edit it to add your own voice to it, should be fine.

In fact, one of the bonuses I am using for jetpack is to do some rewrites of the content. this way, I am leveraging my writing service as well as promoting the jetpack. (will take time, since I will be doing this for several people all at once i hope).

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hey Wenching, where in Malaysia are you from?

I'm going to be in Sibu at the end of the year for about 5 nights for my Aunty's 70th (My father is from Sibu).

Anyway, by the looks of your super long question at the start of this post, and the other posts you've made in this topic, it seems like you have a lot of doubts going on in your mind as to whether or not you can do this, and whether or not affiliate marketing is getting too competitive, and you also seem to see 'gurus' as different from yourself, like they have staff, etc, so you seem to feel like that makes them different from you.

Starting with that 3rd point about the 'gurus'. Firstly, not all gurus are the same. Some are only making money selling 'how to make money' products, but on the other hand, there are many genuine people out there, like myself, who were successful online first in a variety of niches, before they started teaching others.

All the gurus started out as just one person and built up their businesses. I find it a little frustrating that the moment someone builds up their business online, becomes super successful, then starts teaching others how they became successful that all of a sudden there are a lot of newbies out there that rather than be inspired by their success, they just look at them and make excuses as to why 'it's different for mr guru a because he did this, or it's different for guru b because he had z in his/her favor, etc'

Take Matt Carter for instance, 2 years ago he'd never made a cent online, then he joined affilorama, now he makes thousands every week in affiliate sales. Under a year ago he started blogging about what he does to achieve his success, and started selling his own article spinning product, along with his link building secrets. Now that's turning into a guru as well as being successful in the various affiliate niches, he has become the kind of person that newbies don't see as a success story, all because of the fact that he is now a 'guru'. Wake up - you need to be inspired by successful people, not resentful and certainly shouldn't be making excuses as to why they can do certain things but you can't.

This kind of mentality actually reminds me of some women (and men for that matter) that I know who can't find a boyfriend and they think that 'oh it's easy for Katrina because she is skinny, or it's easy for Paula because she got lucky and met her husband while she was young, etc". You need to learn from people who are where you want to be, not find excuses and put them down. Heck I listen to cds from different online millionaires and different audio books etc all the time to keep my mindset in alignment with people whom I want to learn from. That's what an online millionaire does, you should be doing more of that.

Also, not getting started because you didn't like someone's accent isn't a great reason for not getting underway. I do understand what you are saying, but there are pdf versions of every single lesson, so you could have followed the written versions of the lessons if you didn't like aletta's accent. You need to build up a resilient mentality that NOTHING will get in your way and nothing can knock you down, rather than being like a stack of cards that the slightest breeze makes you collapse.

Moving on to your doubts about whether or not you can actually make money in affiliate marketing, and whether or not it is too competitive, I think the biggest problem for you is that you've let your doubts stop you from taking consistent daily action towards your goals. You can't be sure about everything in your life, but one thing you can be sure of is that if you sit and watch and wait till you are 100% comfortable and certain of everything before you even get started, you'll miss out on a lot of opportunities in your life.

Making money online is not about scamming people, it is about giving people what they are looking for and/or helping people find solutions to their problems. Billions of dollars are being spent online, and there are thousands of online millionaires, possibly tens of thousands. And there are a LOT more people (millions) making a full or part time living online. You could certainly be one of them.

To begin with though, you really need to take a leap of faith and get started. If things don't go according to plan, you need to learn from what you have done, what has worked? What hasn't? And you then adapt your online business going forward.

You need to be prepared to fail, and learn from your mistakes, rather than let self doubt, and other negative opinions of others, paralyze you from taking any action in the first place.

To me making money online is like any other skill, like learning the guitar or learning a language. It can be learned and anyone taking persistent daily action can acquire this skill and there is no reason why you can't too, but you can't get there if you don't implement what you learn and if you aren't prepared to make a few mistakes along the way.

Mark
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Well said Mark. I totally agree. A year ago I was struggling to keep myself afloat. Those that were here, and remember my posts can verify that I was sso low that at one point I didnt even have internet at home because I couldnt pay my cable bill.

Rather than feeling sorry for myself I put myself out there. I started offering my services to others to make ends meet, and launched my freelancing career. I started a blog just to keep people up to date on how my business was going. with little promotion except my sig file in forums it started making money.

it took a long time and more sleepless nights than I care to remember, but eventually things took off. I made many mistakes, and have even had some blunders since I started being successful that almost cost me everything.

But, I never give up. i have decided that this is what I want to do, and I push myself to do it. You have to decide that failure is not an option.

or better yet realize the truth: There is no such thing as failure.

Accepting that there is no such thing as failure will totally shift the way you look at things that don't work out for you. Rather than giving up when things don't work, you take the information as a learning experience in what doesn't work, and try something else.

if you look at about 80% of my posts here, that is basically what I tell people to do. Whether it is selecting keywords, building traffic, or writing content, if what you are doing doesn't work, try a different method.

If you give up, you defeat yourself. The market didnt defeat you. it could care less if you succeed or not. you are the only one that can determine whether you make it or not. Keep trying, testing, and shifting what you are doing. however, you also have to give a test time to work. I see some people saying seo doesnt work because they aren't on page one after a week, or only posting a few articles to directories.

Another thing to accept is that there is no such thing as an unrealistic goal, only unrealistic time frames to achieve them. i believe i could have a million dollar business if I want it bad enough. it won't happen within a few weeks or even months. however, I could achieve that goal.

wenching
Trust:
Hi Mark,

Didn't notice your message and yeah I am really surprised you replied my thread. Thanks Mark :) It inspires me.

I am also surprised that your father and relatives are in Malaysia. Such a small world :)

Unfortunately, I am in peninsular Malaysia (Petaling Jaya, Selangor) not east Malaysia. :( Else I will probably drop by and get an autograph from you :P except you don't mind meeting up .. i will find way to fly there :)

Yeah, I know. I complained a lot and gave a lot of excuses. If I have followed your pdf manual and take actions back then, probably I will not even spend so excessive money on those "product offers". I was quite an impulsive buyer and I got slammed by my closest buddy. Sigh :(

Ya, when I am 100% comfortable .. probably there is no more Internet anymore :P I do feel this as it is already 1 year .. no action = no results + knowledge that are not tested & proven

The good thing is the month of July, I am taking actions while using your AB 2.0 as a foundation. I promise I will stay strong and set my mind properly. It is a tough journey for sure but if I want to see a future of myself in this industry, I need to place focus and efforts.

I am leaving all forums except AB 2.0 (or selected one). I am definitely out of WarriorForum until I am more experienced from my end to differentiate what is good or bad.

Thanks Mark.

Hi James,

I believe ego kills me. I am not rich but sometimes I do act that I am like one. I do earn above average pay (not a lot, but it's good pay) for a Senior Software Engineer in the Microsoft platform based on my age. Recognitions blinded me again and again. That's why I always can buy new products and yeah I believe I am capable to finance that part. What I really forgot to see .. my money just flow out of my bank account and there is no a single cent coming in ... so in P/L .. i am definitely on the losing end ... then I started to realise .. my financial savings dropping like share market :( Nooooo....

rather you are on the opposite .. you know how hard to earn money and work so hard. I was there too when i was younger ... guess over time .. i lost my way ...

To be honest and the original truth ... i didn't do IM because of money ... coz I wanted to spend more time with my parents ... working in a good pay grade job in Malaysia requires me to focus so much time with it .. i hardly have time for myself and with my parents... but when I went further into IM .. i got lost myself as I could see many people earn so much money ... $$$, to me anything driven by money is never good ... money leads to power and greed! Believe I was misleaded too :(

I am enough for the rants here .. today I am moving forward. Will never look back and just move forward. Hope I will be there too one day like you James and Mark :)

Thanks so much for replying back.
pzenji
Trust:
@Clayton, I have spent some time on the Warrior forum and the WSO's are very tempting!
My trick is simply learn from others coz there are so many tips out there.
As for the AB, well I use it and my results speak for themselves.
AB is great but you will FAIL if you do not TAKE ACTION.
Dennis
I'm not here to sell you anything but glad to help whenever I can only through Pivate Msg.

PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
MarkLing wrote:You need to build up a resilient mentality that NOTHING will get in your way and nothing can knock you down, rather than being like a stack of cards that the slightest breeze makes you collapse.

This is true! I'm a Mac user and as soon as I downloaded AB and started listening to the lessons, I got to the Traffic Travis part. Traffic Travis is not compatible with the Mac. I could have just given up then and there, but I actually got into my car and drove to my mom's house on the other side of town. I spent an afternoon rummaged through my old closet for a copy of Parallels (software that lets you run Windows on a Mac) and an old copy of Windows XP. I then had to plug in my ancient PC from 2003 and uninstall Windows XP on it to free up the license. Then I got back in the car and went home and got windows up and running on my Mac.

It's kind of funny all the work I went through back then.
Clayton

wenching
Trust:
Thanks Clayton and Zenji for sharing. Now left is my part, start the engine and get it moving :)
ellewong
Trust:
"Let Go Of Playing The Victim: You can be a victim or you can be rich, but you can't be both. Every time you blame, justify, or complain, you're "slitting" your financial throat." - T Harv Eker
PremiumMember
doryharvey
Trust:
Im a complete newbie to all this and know for sure that no matter what happens I will succeed and make a very healthy income from affiliate marketing. I love the learning process and know that its only my lack of knowledge that sits between me and having a successful online business. I have nothing but huge admiration for mark ling, matt carter and all the other "guru's" out there because I know that they are the people who have had the drive and dedication to succeed no matter what. And I also know that without these people sharing with me how they achieved this , I would'nt be able to be successful too. Many many thanks mark for all that you do.
gon
Trust:
Hi found this thread
I am gon probably the same like wenching, full time coder developing website for enterprise application, had many tons download materi since 3 years ago, but just keep on hardrive , read lots but not take action - only dreaming some day i could be milliuner from online marketing

but i already take action 2 months ago after take my new course on minisite program they are work but not somany. I can learn much from my prev experience. any blueprint can only work if we commit to the system

one of my greatest exp that i could not forget is:
practicall exp is deffinately worth more than anything that I already learn/ just read.

Normally I could develop enterprise web program (I am proffesional in java) with 1 or 2 days but when it come to develop minisite using simple html template i take almost more than 2 weeks for my first time. so many underestimate things have to confirm and I am not exp in article creation, spinning or something

thats why i get valueable lesson : my practical exp still 0
affiloblueprintpurchaselink
Trust:
MarkLing wrote:
.....Take Matt Carter for instance, 2 years ago he'd never made a cent online, then he joined affilorama, now he makes thousands every week in affiliate sales. Under a year ago he started blogging about what he does to achieve his success, and started selling his own article spinning product, along with his link building secrets. Now that's turning into a guru as well as being successful in the various affiliate niches, he has become the kind of person that newbies don't see as a success story, all because of the fact that he is now a 'guru'. Wake up - you need to be inspired by successful people, not resentful and certainly shouldn't be making excuses as to why they can do certain things but you can't. .....

Mark

Wow !!! Thanks.
wenching
Trust:
When I saw this post again after someone replied, I almost fell from the chair and laughed ... not because I made a fortune (actually i haven't make any money online) ... but how silly was I over the period of July 2010 till now? There's really no magic bullet and I can bet most of the course out there are almost identical with AB 2.0 fundamentals (just with few fancy rebrands, rehash or you named it - use latest tools, etc). Of course along the line, I met wonderful friends too :)

My objective here is not to throw my emotions or want anyone to feel sad for me here .. or I am trying to build backlinks here (no live link here). But to share my personal thoughts .. which may help the beginners here :)

Therefore, another honest confession (just ramblings) and hopefully the last I made here ...

In fact after everyone telling me the advices before this (including Mark) ... I chose to listen for 2 weeks then forgot about it!

After I promised to work hard with AB 2.0 course .. somehow my little devil in me told me ...

"Nah, these people weren't telling me the truth .. there must be a shortcut to all these"

So ...

I decided to go for Info Traveling and searched for the truth :) (no offense to the program listed below, not saying their bad either)

I joined almost 9 - 10 top programs recommended by IMReportCard (quite famous well known guru). When I joined them, I felt disappointed as there were no shortcut. All seemed to take massive actions and efforts. But their sales letter seemed to oversold too much. Then I bought a super premium program $1447 (something like that - 6 months installments) .. followed for 6 months .. thought it was some hope :) Guess I was wrong again!

I also bought auto software, you know haha :) aiks! lame!

I still never gave up! I even joined famous guru membership courses (I mean really famous ones), then even more exclusive private affiliate community which I spent roughly $499 (good place though).. still buy tonnes of WSO even I swore not too ... duhhh! I even join spinnable programs $97 per month - paid for 3 months I think (good place, nice people but again I don't take much advantage of them - because I am just 1 man with 3 hours per day).

You can see that I never stay at 1 program more than 1 week. Imagine how much money I wasted .. all went to the drain!

Then i thought buying premium wordpress themes could help me to boost my site ... i bought studiopress lifestyle child themes, socrates themes, optimizepress and elegantthemes (these themes were really expensive as I don't earn USD but RM (1 USD is RM3.1) !). To be honest, till today most of them kept dust in my hard disk drive. I did test out 1 - 2 themes.. but trust me .. the theme itself does no good without SEO & great contents. No magic bullet for themes.

Guess what, my 2 sites that I am running now (1 is up and another one is under progress) are using free themes. LOL :D

Still i didn't give up. Then I bought The Best Spinner .. but i didn't use much ... I also bought Market Samurai & Micro Niche Finder .. cool right :) I know how to use it on the surface but haha, really taking advantage is different story ... so I use Google Keyword tool most of the time now :)

I even bought Scrapebox .. yikes, blackhatworld .. sounds good to auto-comment ... My mind tells me to to play cheat but my heart tells me to be white hat .. so at the end, I did nothing on scrapebox :) So what I did with scrapebox? I just update the software once a while for fun :D

I bought 10 domains ... guess what ... i hardly do much with any of them? All mostly rush decision ... only 2 domains which I really work on :)

2 hostgator accounts which I am still wondering why I got both at the 1st place .. the reason I can't cancel it as my 2 sites (1 running on the 1st account and 2nd on the 2nd account - made the stupid decision ever!).

I almost subscribed into Senuke, lucky i didn't ... else I will be washing plate at the restaurant beside the road! But I do consider joining linkjuice and maybe UAW. Still thinking (as I am learning backlinking now in detail).

I subscribed to Scribe wordpress plugin (got the most expensive package which I also have no idea why), looks good .. but again .. is it really worth it? I am still thinking!

I tried ebay, amazon, clickbank and others. Knowing CPA was so great, i bought numerous CPA courses too .. and managed to join 2 CPA networks :) Sadly, I didn't take any actions ... oops!

Then I even wanted to create my own info product .. which I didn't end up doing much! I outsourced to a so called super famous WSO member .. paid $134 for 2 sales letter .. till now, more than 1 month NOTHING!

I tried to apply Google Adsense via hubpages (recommended by another Adsense course). It didn't work for me as Malaysians are tougher to join these days (got to know from Google Adsense Forum). We are under the 6 months policy thing. Too bad for me! Then I tried with my website (4 posts in there) and got rejected again. Don't blame google, blame myself :(

I even paid super affiliate mentorship $97 lifetime :) Thought he could teach me something solid. End up I need to promote some private lead gens (which I still haven't do much). He is nice though, just I was expecting he could teach me affiliate marketing instead of playing PPC game. I don't have money!

So to give paid traffic a try ... I sign up ppv forums (2 quite popular ones) .. tested out facebook ads, got my ads disapproved. Then I almost wanted to try leadimpact and deposit $200. Some folks recommended me on paid traffic and asked me to allocate $1000 per day, or $100 per day lowest. If $100 per day, that is around RM300 in Malaysia. And being for 1 month, that is around RM9000 per month. That's crazy! Worst some asked me to invest $1000 per day. Some even asked me to allocate $10,000 for PPV testing ... I will be bankrupt if i do that :) So paid traffic is a big NO NO to me.

Turning one big round ... My best buddy gave me slapped on my face :) (not really real slap, but quite hurting)...

He told me ... if there are many people like me out there .. there will be many millionaires out there ...

Okay, enough for my ramblings ... so what have i learn :)

a) Keep your savings and forget the rest. Seriously, I am not showing off how much I spent .. who cares? But the point here is that if I have just listen the original advices here... i would not have lost a lot of my savings, which I am considered broke! But I learn a good deal of lessons here :) So please Do not be impulsive, AB 2.0 should be sufficient. But do read up in forums for latest news like latest Google change on the algorithm that affects content farms. But ignore the fillers! (to be honest, I am almost there to avoid fillers)
b) AB 2.0 covers all the fundamentals for MOST OF THE COURSES I PURCHASED after this last post (which I spent another $5000 or more for no reason).
c) Be realistic ... I am just 1 man doing part time and can only allocate 3 hours per day. I can't do everything as described above. Duhhhh! Also in terms of goals ... tonne down a lot now :) $1 day sounds a better deal for me :) coool :)
d) There's no way I can earn money so fast. After doing 2 websites, I realise SEO takes time and effort. Same to contents. So I know I won't be seeing results that soon .. but I will be persistent.
e) No actions, no point buying ALL THESE COURSES OR TOOLS.
f) And yeah, affiliate marketing all the way to go for me :) I am tired for losing focus :P

To be honest, I did take actions (only started last September 2010 till today) ...

i did manage to roll out one website www.remediesfortoothache.net (following BTF approach and I am not putting this site on purpose for backlink - don't get it wrong!) .. quite good, I rank top 10 in google page 1. I outsourced the backlinks to a recommended resource (don't get it wrong, BTF is a nice community but what AB 2.0 covers, are almost identical just a bit different).

2 reasons why my site rank page 1
- exact search super low :) lol .. previously i was using phrase based match, my fault!
- i paid $37 for linkwheel backlinks .. impressed me! Without backlinks, I was on #87 and after backlinks within 2 weeks, it jumped my site into page 1 since September 2010 till now.

What I learned? Sounds good to be high up in page 1 ... but I didn't learn anything about backlinking since I outsourced it and the sites that the guy built profiles on were non related to remedies for toothache or dental or health related. It means he built profiles on adobe site and add a reference to my site. There are over 100 profiles like this if not mistaken. Good linkjuice for a high PR domain to my site (not a high PR page). But inside me, I felt weird though :( i know this is common out there .. but i feel i should have learn how to do it myself before I outsourced and at least backlink to good quality & related sites if possible. Not sure my thinking is a wise decision! Still learning :)

Unfortunately being page 1 is cool, but not being on #1 or #2 .. I hardly get much traffic and NO SALES. Traffic in terms of 10 per month, lol :D or worst 3 visitors per month!

So I am back to square 1 again. AB 2.0 is the way to go :) I will build more sites. Hopefully by 1 - 2 years time I can see better results :)

That being said .. I do owned an apologies to people who shared their advices here especially Mark .. I won't give excuses or another long ramblings ... I will spend time in AB 2.0 forum and upon on-going success ... I will share with the members here :) Can't wait to earn my 1st online money via affiliate marketing :) Can't wait for the day to happen :)

Good luck to everyone. Cheers.
affiloblueprintpurchaselink
Trust:
wenching wrote:
a) Keep your savings and forget the rest. Seriously, I am not showing off how much I spent .. who cares? But the point here is that if I have just listen the original advices here... i would not have lost a lot of my savings, which I am considered broke! But I learn a good deal of lessons here :) So please Do not be impulsive, AB 2.0 should be sufficient. But do read up in forums for latest news like latest Google change on the algorithm that affects content farms. But ignore the fillers! (to be honest, I am almost there to avoid fillers)
b) AB 2.0 covers all the fundamentals for MOST OF THE COURSES I PURCHASED after this last post (which I spent another $5000 or more for no reason).

Good luck to everyone. Cheers.

Thanks for saying that AB 2.0 should be sufficient. Do not waste your money people on the latest fad course. Learn from our friend wenching and what he says here.
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Whew! That was quite a journey, Wenching. I'm sure you won't forget the lessons you've learned in 2 weeks ;)

I'm really glad you came back to AB :) I'm sure you're now wiser and thus will be richer ;)

See you around!
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

chris72
Trust:
Oh Wenching - thank you and well done.

You have just described the journey that so many take - but many do not even get as far as you did!

It takes a truly persistent person to go through all that and still come out the other end realizing their mistakes and willing to keep going. Awesome!

Getting traffic and making money is going to seem like a breeze compared to your last 12 months :o)
Kick-Butt Writing Services http://rachaelmcnaught.com

Outstanding Quality PLR Packs http://niche-plr-products.com

Learn to be a Digital Writer http://thedigitalwriter.net/

wenching
Trust:
Thanks everyone :)

I won't give up on affiliate marketing for sure :)

This topic was started on Jun 26, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.